For those who are part of LGBTQ+ and ABDL communities….

PaddedInHaslet

Straight Diaper Lover
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I hope I don’t offend anybody with this question, but I am straight so I’m actually curious about the answer. Was it harder to come out as Gay/Bi/Trans or as ABDL?

Reactions: Subtlerustle, Deleted member 58550 and ChrisK

dpcare

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Incontinent
I'M NOTNLGBTQ+ OR ABDL

fleckothefennec

I am fennec hear me scree
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Diaperfur
I don't have any difficulty telling people about my bi curiosity or about being s furry, but I definitely do not divulge to anyone other than my therapist about my DL interest

Reactions: GatoChihuahua and Kittyinpink

dinosaurKing

a dl looking for rp friends
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Little
fleckothefennec said:
I don't have any difficulty telling people about my bi curiosity or about being s furry, but I definitely do not divulge to anyone other than my therapist about my DL interest
hi! i ave the exact same thoughts

Reactions: GatoChihuahua and fleckothefennec

ChrisK

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
PaddedInHaslet said:
I hope I don’t offend anybody with this question, but I am straight so I’m actually curious about the answer. Was it harder to come out as Gay/Bi/Trans or as ABDL?
Really good question.

ChrisK

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Not saying it would be easier to come out either way but I would say one is more acceptable than the other. I work with several gay/bi/trans that are very open about it but not one open ABDL. That's with over a thousand employees. I've never gone anywhere and seen an openly ABDL but LGBTQ I see everywhere.

Reactions: GatoChihuahua and Happy2BeInNappies2

ChrisK

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
ChrisK said:
Not saying it would be easier to come out either way but I would say one is more acceptable than the other. I work with several gay/bi/trans that are very open about it but not one open ABDL. That's with over a thousand employees. I've never gone anywhere and seen an openly ABDL but LGBTQ I see everywhere.
I hope that doesn't offend anyone

Reactions: GatoChihuahua

Ali123

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Sissy
  3. Little
I really wish people didn’t have to worried about asking questions like this. It’s a perfectly reasonable question, and no-one should be concerned about asking it.

I found it much easier to explain to people that I’m bi, and a cross dresser (although the latter is usually obvious!) than ABDL.

All my friends and family know I cross dress and although I’ve never gone out of my way to discuss my sexuality, I’ve had both girlfriends and boyfriends.

But my ABDL side I’ve only shared with a very small number of friends.

Reactions: GatoChihuahua, LePew and Prillprillprill

Subtlerustle

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
PaddedInHaslet said:
Interesting question. I’m a straight guy who is a DL. What my journey has taught me was to be empathetic to LGBTQ folks and their journeys. My gay friends, by virtue of our age as 50 somethings, led a closeted youth. It must have been hard. I know as a DL my youth was plagued with binge and purge eras as the diaper thing was more sexual at the time. Still, I was in the majority as heterosexual and that was obviously easier to navigate daily than being a young gay person in the 80’s and 90’s. People were cruel and disrespectful in many circles so coming out was so risky. Thankfully there’s far less judgement around LGBTQ today, at least in western society. The rest of the world is still abysmal. Back to the original question though I would think coming out as an ABDL is more difficult and less pressing as a necessity. Only your SO needs to know whereas being LGBTQ is something one should be open about. I recognize my take as a straight guy is obviously unqualified.

Reactions: Chrissie, Cottontail and northdl

northdl

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
I’m openly gay, I don’t worry much about what other people think of me in general, yet I have nightmares about being discovered as abdl. We are misrepresented in pop culture and it’s an incredibly difficult for even the most empathetic person to understand. Conversely, gay culture is widely celebrated in western societies and from my experience it’s generally accepted that “love is love”. Other people may have different experiences, but that’s my feeling.

Reactions: Ali123, Chrissie, Prillprillprill and 1 other person

LittleMonsterUK

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
  4. Carer
I’m fully out as ABDL with my family but gay remains a secret so hopefully that answers that.

• Wow
Reactions: Prillprillprill

LittleMonsterUK

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
  4. Carer
northdl said:
I’m openly gay, I don’t worry much about what other people think of me in general, yet I have nightmares about being discovered as abdl. We are misrepresented in pop culture and it’s an incredibly difficult for even the most empathetic person to understand. Conversely, gay culture is widely celebrated in western societies and from my experience it’s generally accepted that “love is love”. Other people may have different experiences, but that’s my feeling.

I do fear (being gay myself) that being gay has been normalised by western societies and cultures when in reality it never should have been. I don’t know what to think of the West anymore they appear to play the hero but I think they’re the villains and the common folk are victims of this.

Reactions: Jbo and gamefreak94

dogboy

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
I had a boyfriend all through college and when my mom found out, she sent me to see a psychiatrist where I had to discuss being gay as well as being AB/DL as she found my diapers at the same time. She was searching my room for drugs which she did not find. This was in 1970 where most of us were in the closet because you could be either sent to a mental institution against your will, which I was, or locked up in jail.

I like to think we've come a long way since then and we have, but we still have many more miles on this path. I would actually describe myself as Bi since I am a father and grandfather at this point in my life. Answering the question, I think it would be easier to come out as bi rather than gay, just because how people see and judge us. Coming out as Trans would be at least for me, the most difficult, again because people are judgemental and they have more difficulty identifying with trans people. Sometimes it's about, "could I put myself in this person's shoes".

Reactions: Babynat50, Prillprillprill, Cottontail and 1 other person

northdl

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
I do fear (being gay myself) that being gay has been normalised by western societies and cultures when in reality it never should have been. I don’t know what to think of the West anymore they appear to play the hero but I think they’re the villains and the common folk are victims of this.

I’m not 100% certain of what you mean, could you elaborate?

Reactions: Subtlerustle

anonymousluke

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Babyfur
  3. Diaperfur
  4. Other
PaddedInHaslet said:
It was harder to come out as Bi but once I did easier to talked about with my folks lol. Never felt the need to talk about the Furry thing 🫤

Last edited:

SparkleAlchemist

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Babyfur
  3. Little
Easier to come out as gay, though had to jump through more hoops. Like I came out in highschool and had to switch schools because of how I attended a religious school at the time. My family has thankfully come around. However I'd still be embarrassed to come out as abdl to them.

I will say I'm pretty open about both parts of my identity to friends though and I feel that my willingness to be open stems a bit from how I felt I had to keep multiple parts of my identity closeted for so long

Reactions: anonymousluke and ChrisK

Kittyinpink

Asexual, pre - op transgender woman
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Sissy
I am out as trans , it was hard , but not to bad . Mainly because of modern acceptance.
I would never purposefully out myself as an abdl . There is one person I am thinking of telling , and I might one day tell a therapist. But these are seclusive individuals.

Reactions: GatoChihuahua and ChrisK

Rita

Padded Rita
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
I don't broadcast to the world that I'm a Lesbian, if some ask I will say yes ..

Reactions: Ali123 and Jbo

littlelambchop

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Babyfur
  3. Little
It's much harder for me to come out as ABDL than it's been coming out as trans.