For Those Thumbsuckers Out There!

Status
Not open for further replies.

kik91

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
Hey little boys and little girls! So, I've never really talked about thumbsucking before at all, which is weird because this is an ABDL community after all.

Anyway, I've been a thumbsucker all my life. That's long 27 years! But I would like to hear about experiences you've had.

Do you gurgle babyishly when you suck your thumb? I usually do when I'm on my own, I don't like to make much noise.

Do you have a comfort item? I used to have a baby blanket but when I was 13 it was really torn so now I have a baby pillow. Like Linus from Peanuts said, "Sucking your thumb without a blanket is like having ice cream with a cone!"

Do you sleep sucking your thumb or just when you're awake? I've sucked my thumb in my sleep not many times. I usually do it when I'm awake.

Does anybody know you suck your thumb? It's not really a secret for me or my family. I try to keep it to myself tho.

Let me know your thoughts and answers!

I've been a life-long thumb sucker, too.

My parents knew and tried to stop me. At one time they used a foul tasting nail polish on my thumb (it didn't work). I did start hiding it better so I suspect that they believe I stopped. This was probably when I was around 10-years-old.

I have never waken with my thumb in my mouth so I suspect that I do not suck while asleep.

I do find that I normally need a blanket in my hand in order to feel comfortable with thumb sucking.

----edit-----

I should add that I do occasionally use a pacifier but I find thumb sucking to be more natural and easier.

Interesting question :)

I never really took to sucking my thumb when in AB mode although I'm told I did so a good amount of the time when I was little. When I regress, I much prefer my pacifier, it feels more, I don't know, babyish :paci:

While I don't suck my thumb, occasionally I'll ball my fists and sometimes suck on those or I'll suck on all my fingers like a hungry baby when I regress.

Of course, whether I'm sucking my paci or my fingers I always make sure to gurgle and mewl like a baby when doing so, Mommy finds that to be quite cute :)

I too have sucked my thumb all my life. I typically only suck my thumb when I am alone in my room watching television programs or going to bed. It was an everyday thing until I hit my late 20s then I noticed myself doing it less and less. I don't think anything precipitated it, it just kind of happened. I have two blankies I've had since I was an infant that I have slept with nearly every night of my life. "Raggedy b" and "yellow b". They kind of go hand-in-hand with my thumb sucking. Sometimes if I've had a super stressful day I will lay down for 10 or 15 minutes with my blankies and my thumb and feel so much better. I don't typically go to sleep sucking my thumb. I got myself a pacifier for Christmas and it has replaced my thumb quite a bit. I do fall asleep with my paci. Still, sometimes I just need a little thumb action. I switch off. As for people knowing, I do try to keep it private. My wife knows, but I don't do it in front of her often.

I only do when I am sleeping over at a friend's house and don't have my paci. I usually pull my comforter up to my face, so I just fall asleep that way to avoid anybody who doesn't know from taking pics or something. If I am with my closest friends I sleep with my modified MAM and if I wake up close to the time everyone else does I spit it out, otherwise I'm so comfortable I just try to discretely spit it out when my friends jump on the bed to wake me up!

I stopped thumbsucking when entering kindergarten. But when i tried it again these days, it was an incredible introspective and calming experience (even better that with paci). But i can't rehab this habit since it could damage my front teeth alignement. :p

We should start a band! I can already see it. And coming to the stage... The Thumbsuckers!

kik91 said:
We should start a band! I can already see it. And coming to the stage... The Thumbsuckers!

I am absolutely down for that.

i was a thumb sucker until third grade or so. now i find there is not enough room in my mouth for it. however, if i have had a stressful day the next morning i wake up with my thumb under my chin and my index finger curled over my chin, just as if i was trying to suck my thumb but it slipped down. clearly im still a thumb sucker down deep.
and something even odded, my cousin didnt use his thumb, he sucked on his middle and ring finger together--never heard of that anywhere else. of course he is really strange .lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back