• Please go to your preferences page and make sure your "See Mature Topics" setting is set. Setting it to "Yes" means you see the Mature Topics forum (contains political and religious debates). Setting it to "No" means you do not see those threads.

For those that sleep with plushies...

Status
Not open for further replies.

teddy564339

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Babyfur
Why do you choose to sleep with a plushie? I've been sleeping with my teddy bear for the last four years or so and I started thinking about why I do it.

I think there are a few reasons that I can think of that one of us would sleep with a plushie, and I'm curious to hear which ones apply to which people.

-I think one reason is that it is comfortable/comforting. This is the main reason for me. It just feels so nice to have something cuddly to hug, and doing it while sleeping is very relaxing to me and just...makes me feel nice and cozy inside.

-Another reason is related to the first, but a little different. I really like the idea of sleeping with a plushie too. It makes me feel like an innocent kid. That makes me feel little, which also makes me feel cozy and relaxed. I just think it's interesting how this is different than the first reason, and I don't know which one is more AB related.

The first one is me actually having the mindset of a little kid, the second is liking the idea of feeling like a little kid, if that makes any sense.

-This third reason isn't usually the case for me, but I've noticed a few other people mention it...I think some people just feel safer at night with a plushie. Either they get scared of the dark or start feeling uneasy, and sleeping with a plushie is kind of like sleeping with a friend...you feel less lonely and more secure.

So for all of you that sleep with plushies....why do you think you do it? What do you get out of it? And how (if at all) do you think it's related to your *Bism? After all, there are non-*B/DL's that sleep with plushies...so I guess it doesn't have to be related to *Bism, necessarily.

Eulogy

ADISC Moderator
Staff
Role
Adult Baby, Babyfur
Well, I got a teddy a while ago, and would def say it's more than a single thing that makes me like it...

Firstly, I've always sorta grappled stuff in my sleep, so a teddy helped me not freeze to death(I'd grab a pile of my blankets sometimes)
Secondly, I really like soft, cuddly things in general(Dunno if that's a tb trait or just me being weird)
Third, It's a really comforting thing to have aroud when one is upset

But yeah, overall, it's like, a 50/50 TB/Non-TB thing for me

Hex

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Babyfur, Sissy
[font="Calibri,Arial"]Because I never stopped and I can't sleep without it. It's nice to cuddle when the weathers bad outside.[/font]

mm3

Est. Contributor
Role
Carer, Other
I've had so many plushes over my lifespan so far and only one of them has stuck with me for so long (since I was 2!) All my others eventually migrated with my sister's herd (along with my brother's). Anyway, I was hospitalised when I was 2 for something I really don't even remember anymore... but it was scary I know that. When I woke up from the anaesthesia, my father had left a white dog with one grey spot on the foot of my bed. Match made in Heaven! Been with me for what... 14-15 years now? Sure he's not as soft or fluffy but he's still my bud.

Role
Private
[font="Calibri,Arial"]Because I never stopped and I can't sleep without it. It's nice to cuddle when the weathers bad outside.[/font]
Same here. I have slept with a stuffed animal my entire life. My mother spoiled me rotten well through highschool with big, cute stuffed animals.

If I am at home I probably have my big old teddy with me for numerous reasons. One, on a cold day he is just warm! I love hugging up on him and feeling cozy. He is also big enough that he makes an awesome pillowish support for leaning and lounging. I also hate feeling alone when no one is around so running the TV and having my teddy around helps the place not feel so empty.

All the above applies at bedtime too, its just nice to have something to hold onto.

I also totally agree with loving to feel little. My bear is 4 feet tall so lugging him around the house makes me feel like a little kid. He is my big old cuddle buddy.

B

Butterfly Mage

I am always tempted to get one of the really big teddy bears from FAO Swatrz in NYC. They make them big enough that they look fun for a grown-up to hug. :)

I have a plush shark, but it lives in the rear window of my car.

Role
Private
I am always tempted to get one of the really big teddy bears from FAO Swatrz in NYC. They make them big enough that they look fun for a grown-up to hug. :)

I have a plush shark, but it lives in the rear window of my car.
DO IT! it is totally worth it. It cost me on the order of 120 dollars but I honestly feel like up until now I had not properly experienced teddy bear hugs as an adult until I got this big ol bear. Before that I just had a body pillow and that just wasn't the same. Everyone I have had over thinks its ridiculous enough to be cute, granted us gays get cut a lot of slack.

mizzycub

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Babyfur
I can sleep without my plushies or blankie, but it feels like something is missing. Just having them there is a great comfort - I might not necessarily be snuggling my blankie (often I'm wrapped up in it) or my plushies but if there isn't anything it just feels like something is missing.

I like the physical senstation of having something soft tight against my skin. I like the mental feeling of having something regular and normal there. I also like the mental side of it feeling right for my AB side, though to a lesser extent. I never had a blankie when I was really young, but I've had something like that since I was 6 - it was meant to keep me warm when it was cold but because I practically never feel cold I started snuggling and wrapping myself up in it without thinking. Now that just feels normal, though I don't need it to go to sleep - it helps though.

BrattyBaby28

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby
I've been doing it for years, even before I realized consciously I was *B. For me It's like having a cuddly, soft friend to keep me company, and it is comforting.

Aki

Est. Contributor
Role
Little
They sleep at the foot of my bed.
They protect me when I sleep.

mm3

Est. Contributor
Role
Carer, Other
They sleep at the foot of my bed.
They protect me when I sleep.
LOL when I was little I used to do that. I used to line them all up at the foot railing of my bed pointing them towards the door, so that they would "protect" me while I slept.

Kraiden

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
I think you pretty much nailed all the reasons. To be honest, I haven't given much thought to it all, But ever since the first day I got Humphrey, He's been right by my side in bed. I dunno, I guess he keeps nightmares at bay.

But nothing is better than waking up and seeing your teddy staring back at you. :D

Humphrey Sez: Night-time snuggles are the bestest!!! It's all warm and cozy under the blankies and it's always betterer to fall asleep cuddled up to something!

Emileigh

Est. Contributor
Role
I usually sleep with a plushie for the following reasons:

~ I feel much safer to sleep with one at night, since I am scared of being in my room most of the time.

~ It sorta comforts me since I always feel sick, and just having something to cuddle makes it a whole lot better.

leffykit

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Babyfur, Sissy
I find it comforting to have friend to snuggle with, I grew up in a family that loved get togethers so often shared with relatives or friends and snuggled up to each other. Since that ended I feel lonely and cant sleep unless my favourite plushie's in my arms.

I guess I'm just very social, even when sleeping ( not sexually mind ;) )

Maxicoon

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Babyfur, Diaperfur, Sissy, Little
I think the reasons I sleep with my doggy are because it's nice to have something soft to cuddle with. And Jackson keeps the bad dreams at bay.:)

Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
i did sleep with a plushie for a while but i kicked it out in preference for a pillow (?)

Altric

Est. Contributor
Role
In the case of my Buzzy, I just got use to hugging/cuddling him through the years. I willingly gave him up for a few months when I was 13. After that I noticed that my sleeping habits were off and my grades were slipping, so I brought him back out. Since then, I have slept with him just about every night, and even when I don't fall asleep with him (assuming I'm in my bed), I somehow manage to wake up in the morning cuddling him. He loves to sleep with me, and I guess he just finds his spot during the night.

Pojo

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
I didn't start sleeping with my cow until a few months ago. Before that, I still had cows plushies in my bed, but I never held any, but now I hold my Build-A-Bear cow (the main one in my pictures). I don't know why I started. He's my favorite cow though ^_^

Mitsukuni

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Diaperfur, Sissy
Well, I never really stopped, I guess. I've been a plushie collector for almost all my life. Right now, most of mine are in storage (there's just no room for all of them on my bed!) but I have a chosen few that I always keep.
I think I chose to keep a few because I feel safe and secure when I cuddle with them, and I love them to death.

avery

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
i had a blankie i slept with until i was 11 or 12, and then i started feeling like i was too old for it and i ought to give it up. it was hard learning to sleep alone with nothing to cuddle, but i did it anyway.

shortly after i joined ADISC i looked back on that experience and thought "why the hell did i put myself through that?" it's weird that we feel so much social pressure to grow up and put childish things behind us. what on earth is wrong with sleeping with a plushie? why did i feel like i had to give it up? ever since then i've been sleeping with my leopard, snowy. it's wonderful to have something to snuggle with when i'm asleep, for all the reasons teddy enumerated.

Status
Not open for further replies.