For those of you who were incontinent first, and then became diaper lovers...

Status
Not open for further replies.

kinda

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Did you become DL just so you could make the best of your situation , or did you become DL because you found (to your surprise) that you genuinely enjoy diapers?

I suppose that i am in the process of becoming a DL, and yes to make peace with my situation.... I've spent my life trying to be dry...

I started wearing due to an OAB now I wear 24/7 and have come to terms with wearing diapers, I now have storage for my diapers, creams and wipes. Since I have to wear I now enjoy putting on a fresh diaper (never thought I would say that) since I can't beat the bladder issue might as well enjoy some of the benifits of being diapered 24/7

I am incontinent and dependant on nappies and have come to really enjoy being this way. I guess I am DL now.

As I have been reading more and more of the posts from the AB's and DL's on this site, I can see that they see this as play and fun. I have read of a few that find once they try 24/7 for a few days that it looses its pleasure. I suppose that is what is at the heart of being an IC. We are not doing this out of choice. Once that choice is taken away, it is of course more of a chore and a curse to not have control. I hope to someday find peace with having to struggle with not being in control.

Being a diaper lover is not a choice either. For most of us this desire to wear diapers started at a very young age, before we could put words on it. I know in my case I was very troubled with this desire but I could not get rid of it. Very few diaper lovers decided one day to start loving diapers, the very deep need for diapers was present for a long time.

I tried very hard to forget about this need for diapers until I was 20 when I sarted to wear again but it was present all that time.

So, tired of fighting this very real need, I went back to diapers and have been wearing for 42 years and now I have been 24/7 for almost 4 years and the need is as strong as ever and I know it will never go away. I suppose you could call this a form of psychological incontinence but it is very real and genuine.

diaperedwetter said:
Being a diaper lover is not a choice either. For most of us this desire to wear diapers started at a very young age, before we could put words on it. I know in my case I was very troubled with this desire but I could not get rid of it. Very few diaper lovers decided one day to start loving diapers, the very deep need for diapers was present for a long time.

I tried very hard to forget about this need for diapers until I was 20 when I sarted to wear again but it was present all that time.

So, tired of fighting this very real need, I went back to diapers and have been wearing for 42 years and now I have been 24/7 for almost 4 years and the need is as strong as ever and I know it will never go away. I suppose you could call this a form of psychological incontinence but it is very real and genuine.
I believe your right on with this post.

Sure, the desire to wear diapers is not a choice. But the actual wearing of them is.

In my case the two went hand in hand from an very early age as I have always struggled with continence. And, I don't remember a period when I did not want to wear diapers. I honestly don't know how I would live without them since my urge incontinence became severe almost 12 years ago. Before that I struggled with diapers, now it's much less of a struggle mentally and physically. I would also say its a love/hate relationship. There are times when I wish I did not have to wear, but my nervous system is so messed up, I don't really have a choice.

I am incontinent and now wear 24/7, so I guess I am slowly becoming a diaper lover.

Most definitely the latter; I have always had incontinence issues, but when a child and a teenager, nappies were simply a way of coping with it. And although I am still unable to fully control my bladder, especially during the night, since my early adult years I have actually come to realise that I like wearing protection, and frequently do so now simply for pleasure and convenience as much as protection.

I've been semi-incontinent most of my life, as I pretty much /need/ to wear them at night, but honestly I always liked the feel and shape of them sooo much better than underwear, so when I was 18 I decided to just say eff it and wear them 24/7 to avoid any accident. In the end, I don't think that I learned to love them because I need them, I feel as if though I would still like them even if they weren't required.

I learned to love them,before that it was a long road to acceptance.

I had bed wetting problems during my early teen years. Then I got a little better during my twenties no diapers. I felt great but then it started again. Late twenties it started to get worst as I got older. Now in my mid 30's I have to wear diapers all the time. I started liking diapers at first just to get use to it.

I think that I have also developed DL in the course of the years that I have nocturnal enuresis and have to sleep in diapers and have bed protection and all other stuff that is used when you are incontinent. First I hated it all, particularly in my early teens when my enuresis did not allow me to be normal girl like any other else and live normal life. But now I have somehow different attitude to it. I cannot say that I love my incontinence and my diapers, but they make me feel comfortable and secure when I sleep and I also love the feeling of warm and tenderness my diaper gives me when I put it on before I go to sleep and when I am in bed reading a book before I fell asleep. But, I do not at all like my diaper when I find it wet in the morning and my only desire is to throw it away as soon as possible and clean my body.

I have come to terms with diapers, and yes, the road to actually liking diapers has been long and curved. However when I realized that diapers was the most effective way of dealing with incontinence issues, well I gradually started to like them and the security they provide me. Now longer di I have to worry about wetting myself in the most inconvienient places, as now I know my diaper will handle what ever my bladder throws at it. So in a sense, I have become a diaper lover though not by choice but out of need.

NotTheAverageMan said:
However when I realized that diapers was the most effective way of dealing with incontinence issues, well I gradually started to like them and the security they provide me. Now I don't have to worry about wetting myself in the most inconvienient places, as now I know my diaper will handle what ever my bladder throws at it.

Well said. I have come to love diapers because I know that I am fully protected and can live an active and normal life.

I became a DL because of the incontinence. At first they were a depressing issue for me and then a few friends said I should make the best of having to wear diapers. For a while I didn't know how to do that then I found the DL community. I still hope that my condition improves and they become more of a luxury than a necessity. If I didn't start having issues at night and during the day after a spinal injury I wouldn't have found this community, and it would have made it much harder when I became fecal incontinent. While I became much more comfortable with wearing diapers at home and while doing chores out and about, I have not became comfortable enough to get a job. I'm still afraid working around the same people they will figure it out and may not react kindly.

kinda said:
Sure, the desire to wear diapers is not a choice. But the actual wearing of them is.

Wearing a diaper is a choice whether you are incontinent or not. Just as taking medicine, eating pork chops or broccoli are choices - choices with certain consequences. It is just that being incontinent, if I go without protection, I may tend to face wet clothes and such.

I guess I became more of a little following my car crash as way to cope with my anxiety, fear, flashbacks, trauma & such. I lost a lot my dignity when had to go ER multiple times for my urinary issues & intimate pain... dont much want to bring it up now. I find dealing with the diapers far preferable to my previous issues & condition... and they do have a certain comfort aspect to it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back