For the gals out there, did Any other of you wet the bed in high school and/or college

Stacy

Stacy
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
It was the case for me. It wasn't too bad really and i really didnt mind it. in fact, it was almost the opposite. Goodnites after my shower and after bed then just put them in the trash at the bottom of the trash can discretionally in the AM

Reactions: DiaperGirly, LiddleBigBoy, dlboylife and 3 others
I’m in college, but still live at home. I wet the bed and mom still diapers me.

Reactions: newAB43, Diprs2 and Lyric
As far as I can remember I didn't wet myself !

Reactions: newAB43 and Diprs2
Off and on, yes. Not regularly, and I didn't wear any protection for it past about 11-12 (and that was only when at someone else's house or a hotel), but even into my early 20s I'd occasionally have to change the sheets in the middle of the night. Happened a few times a year.

Reactions: newAB43 and Lyric
sorry - at high school were no beds ... only desks and hard chairs ... how nice would it have been to sleep in a bed there instead of these unconfy chairs ... 😜😂🤣

Reactions: Diprs2 and hanbanan
happy89 said:
Off and on, yes. Not regularly, and I didn't wear any protection for it past about 11-12 (and that was only when at someone else's house or a hotel), but even into my early 20s I'd occasionally have to change the sheets in the middle of the night. Happened a few times a year.
Was it embarrassing having to wear diapers at someone else's house or at a motel?

Reactions: Diprs2
Yes, current bedwetting who still wet the bed in HS and college

Reactions: newAB43, Lyric and Diprs2
Once out of the blue in college but otherwise no.

I wet mine through my senior year, but my wettings calmed down a lot when I was around 15. I’d diaper myself with either a Goodnite or a cloth diaper, and either throw out my wet Goodnite or throw my wet cloth diaper to the wash bin. If I was dry, which was somewhat rare, I’d keep my diaper for another night

Reactions: newAB43, MikeyD1981, Lyric and 1 other person
Stacy said:
Was it embarrassing having to wear diapers at someone else's house or at a motel?
It really wasn't for me. My family and I accepted it as part of life and it wasn't made into a big deal. I tried to hide or conceal out of common decency once I was past about age 10 or so, but if someone knew, they knew.

Reactions: newAB43, Diprs2, hanbanan and 1 other person
happy89 said:
It really wasn't for me. My family and I accepted it as part of life and it wasn't made into a big deal. I tried to hide or conceal out of common decency once I was past about age 10 or so, but if someone knew, they knew.
Same for me actually! My family treated my wetting as a non-issue and accepted my diapers as a normal part of life. I didn’t want to go to many sleepovers but of the ones I did, my closest friends all knew and were all very cool about it

Yes. I didn’t have much of a social life in school and I lived way out in the country and I spent a lot of time alone. I had a lot of anxiety and I think that’s why it happened Waaaaay past acceptable age. I eventually had to wear diapers at night all the way into high school and as I got much older I stopped wetting at night, but then I started to find it comfortable and actually started wetting and even dirtying during the day in my diaper on purpose if I was alone. I kept it hidden from everyone. I hated wetting at night but in some ways it became comfortable like a safety blanket. I’m not AB, but there was a certain emotional headspace I had when I was wearing and going. It set me up later in life (now) to accept and even embrace wearing 24/7 with incontinence. Life is so crazy that way. You’re def not alone! 😀

jess

Last edited:
Reactions: LiddleBigBoy, newAB43 and Diprs2
As a child, I wet the bed nearly every night. During the day, I was able to use the bathroom but would leak between bathroom visits. I retained urine as well which resulted in gushes a few times a day. Before my early teens, I was not yet diagnosed with my birth defects so I was branded as lazy and wetting ‘intentionally’! For that, I was severely beaten on a regular basis by my mom mostly and wore very obvious cloth diapers nearly continuously. My parents couldn’t afford disposable products so it was always pin-on diapers. Teasing and terrible harassment was common place. I thought about ending my life many times but my sister kept me grounded and sane. She was the only person I could go to when I was on the brink of ending it. I do remember my dad, the town drunk, holding me. I also remember how painful it was when he used his belt on me.
That was my life pretty much until my diagnosis after my first period, which changed the way my parents (and extended family) reacted to my wetting but did nothing for the mistreatment from my peers and others. When I started college about 250 miles from home, I was able to rewrite my life and make a few good friends, including my now husband.
When I look back, my young life was nothing better than miserable. I had no real friends back then and as a result, was very isolated and beyond timid. I never had a close friend over, sleepover, school dance, prom, nothing. I have few childhood memories as I chose to block them. One very good thing that came out of my isolation was my freakish attention to school. Remarkably, I attained Dean’s List recognition always. I finished with a high school Regents diploma (with college credits) but that was only a personal gain as I was seldom praised by anyone for my accomplishments. That hard work gained me a full scholarship at a very well recognized Texas university, which gained praise from my parents as they probably thought I would never make anything of myself.
Personally, as a result of leaving home and meeting many great people, I was able to do a 180 in my life. Instead of being isolated and timid, I like to think of myself as being quite outgoing and engaging.
There are very few that know of my health issues and that’s how it will remain. I will ‘never’ allow myself to be demoralized or otherwise harassed in any way again.
Thank you all for warmly welcoming me here and allowing me to vent. I have occasional deep depression issues and migraines but engaging in forums like this with wonderful people like yourselves helps me avoid those dreadful cycles.

• Sad
Reactions: LiddleBigBoy, newAB43, jessraven and 4 others
Ellyn said:
As a child, I wet the bed nearly every night. During the day, I was able to use the bathroom but would leak between bathroom visits. I retained urine as well which resulted in gushes a few times a day. Before my early teens, I was not yet diagnosed with my birth defects so I was branded as lazy and wetting ‘intentionally’! For that, I was severely beaten on a regular basis by my mom mostly and wore very obvious cloth diapers nearly continuously. My parents couldn’t afford disposable products so it was always pin-on diapers. Teasing and terrible harassment was common place. I thought about ending my life many times but my sister kept me grounded and sane. She was the only person I could go to when I was on the brink of ending it. I do remember my dad, the town drunk, holding me. I also remember how painful it was when he used his belt on me.
That was my life pretty much until my diagnosis after my first period, which changed the way my parents (and extended family) reacted to my wetting but did nothing for the mistreatment from my peers and others. When I started college about 250 miles from home, I was able to rewrite my life and make a few good friends, including my now husband.
When I look back, my young life was nothing better than miserable. I had no real friends back then and as a result, was very isolated and beyond timid. I never had a close friend over, sleepover, school dance, prom, nothing. I have few childhood memories as I chose to block them. One very good thing that came out of my isolation was my freakish attention to school. Remarkably, I attained Dean’s List recognition always. I finished with a high school Regents diploma (with college credits) but that was only a personal gain as I was seldom praised by anyone for my accomplishments. That hard work gained me a full scholarship at a very well recognized Texas university, which gained praise from my parents as they probably thought I would never make anything of myself.
Personally, as a result of leaving home and meeting many great people, I was able to do a 180 in my life. Instead of being isolated and timid, I like to think of myself as being quite outgoing and engaging.
There are very few that know of my health issues and that’s how it will remain. I will ‘never’ allow myself to be demoralized or otherwise harassed in any way again.
Thank you all for warmly welcoming me here and allowing me to vent. I have occasional deep depression issues and migraines but engaging in forums like this with wonderful people like yourselves helps me avoid those dreadful cycles.
Oh my, thank you for sharing. That's a tough childhood, Im sorry. "I... wore very obvious cloth diapers nearly continuously."-- you mean like your parents made you wear them, even in the day? Were you allowed to pin them on yourself?

Reactions: newAB43, Diprs2 and Ellyn
Stacy said:
Oh my, thank you for sharing. That's a tough childhood, Im sorry. "I... wore very obvious cloth diapers nearly continuously."-- you mean like your parents made you wear them, even in the day? Were you allowed to pin them on yourself?
I’m not looking for sympathy but only to show that you are responsible for your life and what you make of it. I had to divest myself of that town and everyone in it to start over.
I wore cloth diapers day and night. Single (homemade) thick diaper during the day and double at night. The plastic pants were institutional thick and loud that my mom found somewhere. I hated them because even if I were to wear a full skirt to hide the bulk, I couldn’t escape the crackle of the pants. I was smart enough to know that I needed to wear something to absorb the wetness though. I simply couldn’t hold urine back. There was a few years in my mid teens that my leakage slowed and I was able to wear a pad only, but it was short lived and has steadily worsened ever since. I was oh so hopeful at the time and crushed when the severe leakage returned.
I was responsible for putting on my diapers from an early age, six or seven maybe. I got good at doing it and am a master now…. I didn’t have any of that nonsense about being diapered at school by a nurse thing and I have few memories on my mom doing it.
Over the years I have tried wearing disposables as the humiliation that I endured wearing bulky cloth diapers as a child haunted me. I gradually shifted back to cloth though as I find them more comfortable and I’m confident that I won’t soil clothes of bed. Disposables in the Texas heat and humidity is not a good fit.

Reactions: LiddleBigBoy, newAB43 and Diprs2
Ellyn said:
I’m not looking for sympathy but only to show that you are responsible for your life and what you make of it. I had to divest myself of that town and everyone in it to start over.
I wore cloth diapers day and night. Single (homemade) thick diaper during the day and double at night. The plastic pants were institutional thick and loud that my mom found somewhere. I hated them because even if I were to wear a full skirt to hide the bulk, I couldn’t escape the crackle of the pants. I was smart enough to know that I needed to wear something to absorb the wetness though. I simply couldn’t hold urine back. There was a few years in my mid teens that my leakage slowed and I was able to wear a pad only, but it was short lived and has steadily worsened ever since. I was oh so hopeful at the time and crushed when the severe leakage returned.
I was responsible for putting on my diapers from an early age, six or seven maybe. I got good at doing it and am a master now…. I didn’t have any of that nonsense about being diapered at school by a nurse thing and I have few memories on my mom doing it.
Over the years I have tried wearing disposables as the humiliation that I endured wearing bulky cloth diapers as a child haunted me. I gradually shifted back to cloth though as I find them more comfortable and I’m confident that I won’t soil clothes of bed. Disposables in the Texas heat and humidity is not a good fit.
I knew you werent looking for sympathy. You are obviously quite intelligent. How old are you? Have you noticed a lot of DLs are intelligent?

Reactions: newAB43, Diprs2, MikeyD1981 and 1 other person
Stacy said:
I knew you werent looking for sympathy. You are obviously quite intelligent. How old are you? Have you noticed a lot of DLs are intelligent?
I’m 43…. sadly. Thank you for the kind words. I don’t usually read many ABDL posts and don’t relate well to some of the claimed lifestyles. I’m not an AB and I certainly don’t love diapers but they are a necessary part of my life. Everyone is different though, which I respect.
With that, I can say that I have never worn a disposable diaper with prints. I have however worn disposables of different colors (Supremes and MegaMax) and found them a little uplifting sometimes. I also have a few pair of interesting plastic pants (polkadots and such) that my husband likes to see me wear. One is a plastic lined pink satin rhumba panties with ruffles in the back…. that he likes.
My normal plastic pants are clear urethane (EuroFlex) that are light and VERY durable.

• Love
Reactions: newAB43, Chrissie, Lyric and 3 others
OMG, that was so long ago 🤣 🤣 As far as I can remember I didn't wet myself, but certainly had a number of unexpected period accidents

Ellyn said:
Is it nonsense for a school nurse to help a 6 or 7yo child who is medically incontinent with changing? Certainly it's inappropriate with a teenager who's capable of changing themselves but not with a young child.

HumanFly said:
Is it nonsense for a school nurse to help a 6 or 7yo child who is medically incontinent with changing? Certainly it's inappropriate with a teenager who's capable of changing themselves but not with a young child.
I’ve never had anyone in school help me or offer assistance. There again, it was a semi rural school in Texas. I had my bag and was expecting to take care of it myself.

Back