(for movie collectors only) What was the last movie(s) you got?

I just ordered the Blu-ray version of The Alienist, Season 1 which I think my daughter and I will watch when she arrives at the end of the month. I've already seen The Alienist on TV but I really enjoyed season 1 and could easily watch it again.

Got a VHS copy of "Super Mario Bros" (1993) in the mail today

Reactions: Sidewinder
Jay1965 said:
Blade runner 4K HDR
Coco 4K HDR

We have a 4K OLED TV and both look stunning, especially Coco where the colours really stand out
Is Coco the Peter Straub story? I read the book many years ago. I didn't realize they made a movie out of it. I have the movie "Ghost Story" on DVD, another Peter Straub story.

CheshireCat said:
I've got the region free Eureka blu-ray box set from Germany. I have to select English whenever it's played in a player the first time.
That one's just doubled in price to over a hundred smackeroonies 😱
🚽

Jay1965 said:
We have a 4K OLED TV and both look stunning, especially Coco where the colours really stand out
Coco is stunning in 4K.

I had a lot of blu-rays and started buying 4K UHD blu-rays instead when I acquired my first 4K TV and 4K player. After I got my first 4K OLED with Dolby Vision, I started replacing my older blu-rays with their 4K counterparts because the difference in picture quality was profound on my OLED vs my previous LED TV. Having been involved in the film making business for 40+ years. Watching SD tape and then SD disc was painful compared to seeing film. The move to HD disc finally brought quality into the home. But UHD disc with Dolby Vision or HDR10 on a calibrated OLED TV... we see it the same way the filmmaker saw it in post production.

BTW... 4K streaming can be better than blu-ray, but nowhere close to watching it off disc.

I just bought Mama Mea!!!

Reactions: LilBubba88
I got

Yesterday:
Spider-Man The hobgoblin
Opportunity Knocks (been looking for this movie for years)

Today:
Young Sherlock Holmes (See Opportunity Knocks)

Got VHS copies of the following movies today, all except where noted I have been looking for forever:
Coneheads
Election
Hellboy
Hitch (Reprinted copy)

On Blu-Ray recently, I purchased:
STAR TREK: PICARD
ON DVD I recently Purchased:
STAR TREK: LOWER DECKS

Got a copy of "Marked for Death" on VHS today

Picked up Raya & The Last Dragon on 4Kbluray today

Got "The Jungle Book: Mowgli's Story" on VHS yesterday

TD712 said:
Got "The Jungle Book: Mowgli's Story" on VHS yesterday
Haven’t seen that in a long time!!

Got a copy of "Every Which Way But Loose" on VHS today

Reactions: michaelmc and LilBubba88

Latest, and nearly finished viewingest, is Stargate Atlantis boxset.
Seen it before, streaming, but got the itch and took the plunge.

Back