Status
Not open for further replies.

wyatt

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
Does anyone wear footie pajamas around friends or family I have always wanted to like if I spend the night over my cousin/friends house because they are just so comfy I live with my grandmother and she doesn't really care about what I do but neither of them know about my ab side so only time I where is in my room.

So would it be wrong of me to where them out of my room without diapers of course they arnt babish at all one has cristmass trees and riendeer on them and the other is a cartoon character with a hood same one as the one in my avatar.

LittleMattyMoo

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
I don't see anything wrong in it. I've done it for years and everyone knows of my love for them. They do seem to have crossed over into the mainstream though here in the UK

pinksmart

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Babyfur
I had a kigurumi I used to wear all the time when I lived at home. It is basically a giant kiddy animal pajama ~ Like Matty said, they've just about gone mainstream everywhere. I see them for sale at Target and Spencer's all the time. :eek: Family might think it's a bit silly and tease you at first, but I don't think any harm would come of it.

Treacle

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Carer
Lots of people wear them here in the uk at all different times. There are even people walking the streets in them as we seem to have ones that are now designed to be more like jogging suits than sleep suits. They are still the same footed onesies, just normally with go faster stripes!

Also wanted to add that they are not associated with adult babies or anything of the sort here. They are just a 'fashion' trend and apparently a really comfy clothing choice. I've yet to try it out for myself.

Last edited:

coboy

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
when I lived with roommates I would wear my footy pajamas around them and other friends who stopped by. I only ever got a positive response out of 20+ people who have seen me wearing them. I have not shown my family my footy pajamas and they are quite in the dark about my little side. I feel they would be more critical and less accepting than my friends. my pajamas have: outer space, puppy dog, and snowflake patterns. while fairly childish they are not overly babyish.

MatalicPebble

LP2Lily
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
  4. Diaperfur
If I am not mistaken they are coming back in style here in MO USA for women and with any luck they will start selling them for men too. I would not worry about it. I use to wear them all the time when I was a Teenager. That was before I even got into My little pony. Oh and when you do wear them at your friends house you should make the statement that you wish every body was joyful year around. Then again that is just me. I am corny like that.

LilCoyote

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Little
I actually bought 3 pair of footie pajamas, 2 back a few months ago and then I couldn't resist buying another at half price on clearance just a few weeks ago. I got mine at Target, one zebra print, one leopard print, and one called starry night which is blue with white stars all over. I will have to put them away soon, only because the Arizona desert heat will be coming. But I sure enjoy them now while it is still cool.

I've worn them in front of my parents, sister and her husband. My parents were a little surprised at first as it was out of character for me but immediately warmed to the idea. My sister and brother-in-law were caught a little off guard when they first saw them but said nothing. My family knows I'm a little different than most but they are fairly liberal thinkers. They also know about my plushies, which I sleep with, but I do keep the rest of the AB items hidden. They just think I'm eccentric and as far as I know, have no inkling of me being an AB.

Well, Wiatt, without knowing your family, it's hard for me to say to go ahead. If they are ultra conservative, you might get some backlash, but hopefully they are like mine and are open to new ideas. As for your friends seeing you in them. I say, if they are real friends, they won't care. A mean friend isn't really a friend anyway.

Last edited:

wyatt

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
Thanks for all the responses! :) I think I'll try wearing them around my house first but I don't think my cousin would care but he would probably tease me at first but I don't care.

KatieBear

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Little
Most people, in my experience, consider them a practical way to stay warm in cold weather and not necessarily an AB thing at all. When I got mine, I tried them on and showed them to my mom. Not only did she not think of AB stuff, but she even said she wanted a pair like them. I even once mentioned to a coworker that I had them and he didn't think it was weird.

That said, I'm a woman, though, and I've noticed that women can get away with a lot of "babyish" stuff that men don't seem able to. (Gender biases suck!)

But if I saw a male member of my family wearing them, I wouldn't think it weird, so...I think you'd be safe.

Paddedwolf

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
  4. Diaperfur
I would ask my mom to get me footie pj's for the past 2 Christmases and I gave her reasoning that my room gets cold and such (this was before She find out about my AB side). So she got me an Air Force themed footie and a puppy paw print one. My friends also know about them and said I should were them in my YouTube Channel BedroomGamer64. They know I'm into odd things though. My friends have no idea of my AB side and they just know it's just a thing I like to wear and they accept me for that. You shouldn't worry about it, footies don't scream your an AB, unless of coarse they are baby print

Eulogy

ADISC Moderator
Staff
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Babyfur
Been wearing Footed PJs around family for ~5 years now. Not really an issue, they're just comfortable, and that's all they need to know.

bebehuey

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Incontinent
  4. Private
yup, I do, with a diaper on too!
I don't get out to visit all that often though

Lilicup

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Little
I had a kigurumi I used to wear all the time when I lived at home. It is basically a giant kiddy animal pajama ~ Like Matty said, they've just about gone mainstream everywhere. I see them for sale at Target and Spencer's all the time. :eek: Family might think it's a bit silly and tease you at first, but I don't think any harm would come of it.

Yes! kigurumi's are wonderful! And like you said, people don't really think they're that strange

I have the panda kigurumi that looks like this: panda-kigurumi_1_med.jpg
and it is often referred to as "the panda costume"

I've been thinking about buying a pig kigurumi from ebay that looks like this: fleece-pink-pig-kigurumi-46753d1e-800x800.jpg

but they don't have built in feet, so I guess I haven't quite evolved to 'real' footie pajamas yet haha

Last edited:

apoptosis

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
they are definitely getting mainstream lately. I wear my adventure time onesie around friends no problem. my family is a different story, but that's just me :smile:

mimiBadger

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Babyfur
  3. Little
My parentsfrowned on me sleeping with my plushies and wearing my footed PJs on occasion. It's not like I was flaunting it, but it was less than the mature ideal they held for me.

Being a grown up is overrated.

dogboy

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
My brother-in-law bought me footed pajamas for Christmas. They were Cookie Monster themed. He sort of did it as a joke, but I let everyone know I was wearing them. My wife bought me the yellow duckies against the purple, Jumpin' Jammies for Christmas, and I wear those outside when I walk the dog and get the news paper, before I head for the shower. They really have gone mainstream, even in conservative Virginia.

KimbaFoxNatsume

Pokemon Trainer in, err, Training... Pants
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
Both of my pairs of footies were purchased by my parents as Chrstmas gifts.:)

oleman72

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Incontinent
I wear mine all the time. Even in the AC during the summer. Of course I always have a diaper on underneath.

wyatt

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
Yes! kigurumi's are wonderful! And like you said, people don't really think they're that strange

I have the panda kigurumi that looks like this: View attachment 20058
and it is often referred to as "the panda costume"

I've been thinking about buying a pig kigurumi from ebay that looks like this: View attachment 20059

but they don't have built in feet, so I guess I haven't quite evolved to 'real' footie pajamas yet haha

I saw a commercial for pajamas like these on Disney channel you can fold em up when your not wereing them and they turn into a stuffed animal. I couldn't remember what the name of the company was but I'm defiantly ordering the giraffe one next time I see it!

Status
Not open for further replies.