• Please go to your preferences page and make sure your "See Mature Topics" setting is set. Setting it to "Yes" means you see the Mature Topics forum (contains political and religious debates). Setting it to "No" means you do not see those threads.

Football

Are you a football/soccer fan?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

fuctifano

Est. Contributor
Role
I'm a big football fan. When I say football, I mean soccer.

Anyone else a fan?

If so, which team do you support/follow?

I'm a supporter of Celtic Football Club based in Glasgow.

chevre

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
I'm a football fan. But when I say football, I mean (American) football :p.

Fire2box

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
I assume your talking about the communist sport and not the NFL.

the reason soccer is a communist sport is this....

"all that hard work and so little production"

Anyways no I don't like it, thing is pretty boring due to the lack of any real action. However closeted gay's tackling each other at every chance is pretty funny, that's why so many people like the NFL.

Peachy

Banned
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Carer
Yes, I'm a fan. In fact, I'll go to the stadium to see my favorite football/soccer team play my brother's favorite team. :D

Peachy

Role
Private

Anyone else a fan?

Absolutely, but I unfortunately follow teams in the EPL and German leagues (Bundeslige, Peachy?) that get television play over the world.

So my team choices make me look like a doofus without the realization that (1) I'm not following them for their records, and (2) I can only follow whom I can follow over in the least-football-friendly country in the world.

That said: Manchester United, Plymouth Argyle. I obviously get to watch the first much more often than the second.

Role
Other

Anyone else a fan?

Sorry, I really gave up on soccer after watching the end of a World Cup game where for the last 5 to 10 minutes NOTHING happened. One guy stood there with the ball doing nothing. Both teams had already qualified for the next round with a tie. The ref was standing there with a disgusted look on his face, and when extra time arrived he waited about 15 seconds before ending the game.

If soccer were played on a lacrosse field with an unguarded 3 (across) x 2 (tall) meter net in place of the lacrosse nets. That way when the shot misses the net, play doesn't stop and with the smaller net and no goalie maybe more goals would be scored. I might watch it.

Lowie

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Babyfur, Diaperfur, Carer
I'm a fan of both Footballs.. I don't follow any teams though. Playing is much more fun

B

Butterfly Mage

What I thibk would make football more interesting would be if the players' criminal history was displayed along with their stats inbetween plays. I could care less about someone's pass-completion ratio. But if the stats included a summary of criminal convictions, pending criminal charges, and what level of parole supervision they have, I might start watching football. After all, it is one of the few highly-paid vocations where not only is a long criminal history not a disqualifier, it's sort of a bonus. Ha ha ha.

(Yeah, I'm not much of a football fan, har har).

Role
Other
What I thibk would make football more interesting would be if the players' criminal history was displayed along with their stats inbetween plays. I could care less about someone's pass-completion ratio. But if the stats included a summary of criminal convictions, pending criminal charges, and what level of parole supervision they have, I might start watching football. After all, it is one of the few highly-paid vocations where not only is a long criminal history not a disqualifier, it's sort of a bonus. Ha ha ha.

(Yeah, I'm not much of a football fan, har har).
There isn't enough time during a game if the Dallas Cowboys are playing.

D

daria7483

Groan. My boyfriend lives and breathes for soccer, both playing and watching. Arsenal is his favorite team. Please don't take that as an opportunity to trash-talk with me, because I wouldn't have any clue how to respond. Anyway, soccer is fun to watch, but I find it a little annoying when I spend the night on the weekends and am awakened the next morning by his roommate yelling "FOOTBALL" throughout the house. Oh, and yeah honey, they're your muddy old cleats. Not your "retired boots."

Takashi

Always willing to give help to those who seek it.
Est. Contributor
Role
Carer
I only watch the big cup tournaments like the Euro and World Cup.

Charlie

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Sissy, Carer, Other
I don't mind playing it, and I sometimes enjoy watching it.

I'm not big football fan though, and I don't support any team.

BigCountry

Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
I love playing football. There is nothing I enjoyed more than suiting up on a Friday night after Thursday's light practice. It'sall over for me, but that is something I have to live with. I was a big fish in a small pond at the school I played for, but at 6' and 280 lbs, I can't compete as a lineman in college ball, no matter how good I am, so...

Anyway, I love the sport, and would encourage everyone to at least try it.

WildThing121675

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Carer
I do like soccer, and I watch the Fox Soccer channel sometimes.

I also am a fan of Manchester United, and the Columbus Crew.

WildThing121675

mizzycub

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Babyfur
I don't enjoy football really. I'm not usually keen on sports except for a few, and even then I'm not as into them as some. Football doesn't really appeal - to play or to watch - though I'd probably prefer playing it if I was in a good mood.

When I was at primary school I 'supported' Birmingham city so as to not get bullied over supporting someone else. However, I never really got into it whereas my parents started paying more attention. They know really do support B'ham city and think I do. They tell me all the scores and stuff even though I have not cared for a long time.

Role
Diaper Lover
I think soccer is way too much fun, although sometimes really stressing. American football is pure art and strategy, I love playing it, in fact, me and my friends meet in the school's football field to play every friday.

spacemanBEN

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Carer
I freaking love soccer. It is by far my favourite sport. When I was younger, I lived and breathed soccer, played every day as much as I could, but then I messed up my back pretty bad and missed a couple seasons. That was the end of that, but I still love it. I follow the EPL most closely, though I haven't watched enough this year, because I've been busy. I'm a ManU fan, but don't be hating! That's what happens when you live in Canada and don't grow any connections to a local team (though Vancouver is getting a MLS team, so that's a little better than USL). I fell in love with Manchester United after seeing them (specifically RUUD) kick Celtic's butt in an exhibition game in Seattle. One of the greatest moments of my life. Believe me, seeing talent that good is very novel here.

When the World Cup or Euro comes around, I kind of go nuts. I do my best to watch every game. That's always a lot of fun. On the international stage I cheer for England and the Netherlands mostly. Yep, it's a great sport.

fuctifano

Est. Contributor
Role
I don't enjoy football really. I'm not usually keen on sports except for a few, and even then I'm not as into them as some. Football doesn't really appeal - to play or to watch - though I'd probably prefer playing it if I was in a good mood.

When I was at primary school I 'supported' Birmingham city so as to not get bullied over supporting someone else. However, I never really got into it whereas my parents started paying more attention. They know really do support B'ham city and think I do. They tell me all the scores and stuff even though I have not cared for a long time.
Birmingham were promoted to the English Premier League from the Championship today. They defeated Reading to do so. Well done to them. Alex McLeish, James McFadden and Gary O'Connor are all back in the Premiership!

I freaking love soccer. It is by far my favourite sport. When I was younger, I lived and breathed soccer, played every day as much as I could, but then I messed up my back pretty bad and missed a couple seasons. That was the end of that, but I still love it. I follow the EPL most closely, though I haven't watched enough this year, because I've been busy. I'm a ManU fan, but don't be hating! That's what happens when you live in Canada and don't grow any connections to a local team (though Vancouver is getting a MLS team, so that's a little better than USL). I fell in love with Manchester United after seeing them (specifically RUUD) kick Celtic's butt in an exhibition game in Seattle. One of the greatest moments of my life. Believe me, seeing talent that good is very novel here.

When the World Cup or Euro comes around, I kind of go nuts. I do my best to watch every game. That's always a lot of fun. On the international stage I cheer for England and the Netherlands mostly. Yep, it's a great sport.
What are your thoughts on Celtic then?

Jaiden

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
I'm a Sheffield United fan, so today wasn't particularly great for me.

Third is a good finish considering that we've lost a few players and had to trim the wage bill over the season (not to mention having had to recover from the evil influence of Bryan Robson last year) but I bloody hate the Play-Offs. My youthful dreams were crushed last time we got to them and I went down to watch the final in Cardiff where we lost 3-0. Bah!

In other news, the Real-Barca game last night was incredible - a genuine footballing feast and I really hope Barcelona get through to the Champions League final from a neutral angle, as it will just make for a much better game. Celtic have always been my favourite of the Old Firm, by the way, and I think a lot of football fans have a soft spot for Gordon Strachan just because he occasionally makes post-match interviews interesting by responding with something other than the usual string of platitudes and cliches that we're used to. The title race up there seems to be about as close as it can get this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.