Foodie Group reloaded.

egor

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
So tonight I had fresh picked home grown oyster mushrooms and a bowl full of salvaged onion, garlic and shallots (long story). So what to do.

I came up with "Que los Hades es este" or Some dumb luck.

I threw a can each of Cream of mushroom and cream of chicken soup into a pot with diced garlic, onion and shallots, and the two soup cans partially filled with half/half.
Then I turned in on medium heat and diced two chicken breast and thighs into that.
Then I chopped and added 3 small carrots, 5 celery stalks, 1 green and 1 red bell pepper, two "leafs" of fennel and the two large cluster of Oyster mushrooms into the "sauce"

while that was cooking I had one package of spaghetti boiling.

I added salt, pepper, ol' Bay and herb provincial.

After it cooked for a while I added a small piece of Parmigiano Regimano and grated it right into the sauce.

Turned out pretty good.

MailCat581

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Little
  3. Incontinent
I cooked Instant Pot Ranch Chicken Tenderloins for dinner tonight.

Recipe:

In your Instant Pot place 1 and 1/2 cups of water and then add the trivet.

In a mixing bowl; combine 1-10oz. Can of Cream of Chicken Soup and 1 package of Hidden Valley Restaurant Style buttermilk recipe Ranch dressing mix (not as overpowering as the original Hidden Valley), mix till well blended.

Place chicken tenderloins on trivet and pour soup mixture over chicken.

Close and lock the Instant Pot and pressure cook on high for 1 hour and 20 minutes Once cooking time is complete, open venting nozzle to release pressure from pot.

****Make sure chicken is proper temperature using a meat thermometer and no longer pink before serving.****

The chicken tenderloins will be so tender that they may fall apart. You can serve on a plate or a bowl.

Last edited:

Curiositykilledthecat

Contributor
Role
  1. Private
Oh food, yay,
I love to cook but I do WW to keep my weight in check. I don't use light products, I rather make my portions smaller.

So I made a big batch of pork ragout the other day.

So I am used to the metric system so I bought 1 kg of pork tenderloin in one piece. I got a good butcher at the local market. (I hope I got the part right, it is also used for making pulled pork)

Put a big casserole pan on, olive oil, browned the meat, added 3 spoons of tomato puree, 2 cans of tomatoes, 1 spoon of fennel seed, 2 fresh rosemary sprigs, pepper and salt and a good pinch of hot dried pepper flakes, I added water until the meat was 2 cm above the liquid.
I put it on low heat, checked it every 45 minutes, added extra liquid, after 120 minutes I picked out the pork, reduced the sauce to 50% and pulled the pork apart.
Added it back to the sauce et voila.

I used half of it to make a lasagna with bechamelsauce with old provolone, zuchini and whole grain lasagna sheets.
My bechamelsauce was 30 grams of butter, 30 grams of flour, I browned the butter, added the flour, browned it, added warm 0% fat milk (300 ml) and whisked it until it thickened. Added a pinch of nutmeg, 60 grams of shredded provolone and used it as layers in the lasagne.

The other half of the ragout is in my freezer, yum

Last edited: