Food allergies

Status
Not open for further replies.
Role
Diaper Lover, Carer, Private
I went to a cool docter the other day who tested me for food allergies. He gave me a copper tube to hold on to and sent an electrucal current through my body (so small I couldn't even feal it) at various points on my hands and feet. The machine he used would read the current that made it too the copper tube and show on the computer if anything was amis. Well, something was. So he went on his computer and highlighted random foods and sent the current through me again. Aparently the computer could tell through the current if whatever was highlighted on the computer was causing the problem. He tested things like fruits, chicken, dairy, wheat, and a bunch of other random foods. It turns out that I'm allergic to both dairy and wheat. He gave me a bunch of vitamin pills to take a bunch of times a day, and I have to avoid dairy and wheat products.

I learned that a food allergie doesn't nessacaraly mean hives and upset stomic. I've always had a poor attention span and poor memory, and this doctor is betting that these allergies are the cause of it. So in a month we'll see if he's right.

Well today was my first day on my new diet, and I learned that pritty much everything has either dairy or wheat in it! I have no idea what I'm going to eat for lunch now because everything I normally ate is bad now. The onlything in my lunch that I can still have is a juice box! Maby I can make this a blog. I've never done a blog before.

so does anyone else have food allergies?

Pramrider

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Other
No allergies to food that I'm aware of. I have developed an intolerance for lactose in milk and ice cream products, and have to use Lactaid milk instead of regular to avoid bloating and stomach pain.

~Pramrider

Thegreenone

Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Babyfur, Carer
I don't have any food allergies but they do run in my family. They run on my fathers side and they skip a generation and only on male side. What is it? Thats a little complected, fish but not all fish. My dad can eat most fresh water fish and anything with a shell. Several of my uncles also have this along with my great grandfather. So if I ever have kids my son/s may not be able to eat to fish.

Dude84

Banned
Role
Adult Baby
I don't have any defined food allergies, but i'm sensitive to sauces generally, i.e. they cause my face to dry out for some reason, which is perculiar as I do not spread barbecue sauce all over my face. :-/ Never quite been able to explain that one, neither have I.

Chillhouse

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Carer
wow, alergic to bread and milk. Good luck, man.

I'm not alergic to anything but cold weather.

Nexeon

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
I don't have any known allergies, which is weird because pretty much everyone else in my family has allergies.

FluffyFluffers

Est. Contributor
Role
Babyfur, Sissy
Some type of spices. EH I eat them any way. D: Got I love them so much but they make me cry.
I'm also allergic to red dye #40 :D.

Lowie

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Babyfur, Diaperfur, Carer
I'm not allergic to any food.

As far as I know the only thing I am allergic to is something in bubble bath.

Role
Diaper Lover, Sissy
Well I guess you could say I have an allergy to something related to food or its consumption, for the longest time I felt very strange sensations around my mouth when eating with metal tableware. When alerted to my pediatrician I was told I must have an allergy to the metal of the utensils.

Dream

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, , Carer
The only thing I'm allergies to is Tide laundry soup (it give me a rash if I wear any clothes wash by using that soup) and Penicillin.

B

Butterfly Mage

I'm allergic to shellfish (shrimp, crab, etc.) That's not a big deal after becoming a vegetarian.

dogboy

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
They discovered allergies in me when I was 4 years old. Back then they stuck you with about 40 needles and waited to see if they turned red and itchie. Mine all did! I was allergic to fresh fruits and some vegetables, peanut putter, chocolate, spices, fur, dust, pollen, almost you name it. My parents got rid of my Teddy bears because of the dust, and they got rid of our dog!!! Eventually I outgrew most of the allergies, but I always take an allergy pill in the morning. Good luck on the wheat and dairy. I'd hate that.

Talula

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
Poor yu, having to change your entire diet in just a day :( That must be really hard for you. But on the plus side, at least now you'll hopefully feel better.

I've got very sensitive skin, so using scented moisturtiser or bath stuff, or certain shampoos/conditioners, or soap powders, give me a yucky rash. I'm also intolerant to nuts (I get a rash and go a bit wheezy) and red/rose wine (hives on my face neck and underarms, and again a bit of wheeziness).

It can be really annoying to find out you're allergic to something, but try to look st it positively - at least now you'll know why you've not been concentrating well.

Take care and good luck on finding some new healthy lunches :)

Emileigh

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Babyfur
I am lactose intolerant I was told, but what's weird is that I can feel fine eating ice cream, or grilled cheese, and then feel horribly sick from drinking straight milk. It's so weird >.< and I'm allergic to other things besides food like penicillin, rats, and horses

Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
I don't have allergies but my sister is allergic to milk, wheat, and eggs. She has bad allergies.

Role
As far as I know the only thing I am allergic to is something in bubble bath.
NOOOOO! NOT THE BUBBLE BATH!!! That must suck so much. I love bubble baths.

diaperedbabygirl, your probably not allergic to dairy if cheeze and ice cream doesn't bother you. Your more likly allergic to some kind of chemical they put in either the milk or the cows, such as growth hormones. My dad is allergic to the chemical in eggs, but if he has organic eggs then he's fine.

Well, yesterday and today is the only time i've spent off dairy and wheat, and I've just taken my morning vitamins they just gave me. The weird thing is that I feal like crap. yesterday I had a slight headach, nothing enough to complain about, but it was always there and got worse around loud people. My body feals heavy and it's much harder to do my pushups and situps, which I do every night. I'll wait a few more days to see if this goes away. If not I'm just going to say "SCREW IT" and poor myself a tall glas of milk.

Dude84

Banned
Role
Adult Baby
Actually, if we're digressing from food allergies alone, I should mention i'm allergic to pretty much every cleaning product known to man. Reactions vary from painful itchy skin, to swelling or impaired breathing, depending on what it is - I have to wear gloves just to mop the floor, in case some of the detergent should happen to find its way on to my hands... o_O

Peachy

Banned
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Carer
Nuts, especially peanuts. I can't even stand the smell of peanuts, and eating anything that contains peanuts or peanut oil is sure to make me very uncomfortable and knock me out for the rest of the day.

So word of the wise: Don't feed a peach nuts! :eek:

Peachy

Role
Well, so far the biggest change is that I can no longer decipher what my body is saying. Take today for example. I felt sick, tired, and had a mild headache all day. Then I ran home from school, and actually ran the whole 2 miles to my doorstep. I normally can't run the whole way, and I thought that I was only going off of school grounds.

Also, my pee is increadably yello. If I peed in a diaper right now it would glow.

Status
Not open for further replies.