Status
Not open for further replies.

Wegs

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I just posted this as a free and fast way of hiding folders. Yes there are other methods that are better, and yes my method is obscure, but it is a good idea to use at least that if nothing else. Also, I'm not rejecting other methods, and I'm not trying to be defensive, I'm just trying to say that this isn't as bad of an idea as people are making it seem. Also, for the matter of the wiki, one of my methods had already been posted there, so it wasn't all me. I can't download TrueCrypt because the download times for my computer are so long that my parents would see it and question me about it before it finished downloading. As for money, I can't make any, there are no job openings anywhere, and I have looked everywhere I could go to on my own. So this is the only method I can use, and I wanted to try to help anyone in a similar situation. I know that it isn't the best method, but it's better then nothing, which is all some people might have.

ajsco

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Private
I've got two ways, hide a folder somewhere give it an obscure name (for me I named a folder 'download info' and put a folder inside it called 'flv player data' and changed the folder icon to a red cross) or I also have a password protected, encrypted 8GB pen drive, that will delete everything if you get the password wrong more than 4 times :D

dampatnight

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I can't download TrueCrypt because the download times for my computer are so long that my parents would see it and question me about it before it finished downloading.

:D its a 3MB file. (Three (!)) How can you even have data worth protecting or hiding on that pc when there isnt even time for such a small download? Plus you probably didnt really read what hegel said.

Wegs

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I suppose where I'm going is, thank you for the hint, but it's not something that anyone with any sort of choice in the matter would want to follow.

I did read what h3g3l said, and I do agree with it. There are better choices our there, and you would be better off using things like TrueCrypt. However, what I'm basically saying is, If you can't/don't/won't use any of the other, better options, then here is something that you can at least use as a last resort. I don't download much, and all I have in my private folders are pictures i've saved (right-click, save picture as). I do have a good computer, including memory, but for some reason it has a really slow download time, and I have yet to figure out why that is. It took me a while to find out about folder hiding and invisible folders, and I just wanted to make it easier for anyone who wants/needs to use the same technique. I just wanted to help.

Eulogy

ADISC Moderator
Staff
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Babyfur
Well, the main problem I see with this is, anything that is an image, can be easily(Accidentally at that) seen VIA Picture and Fax Viewer(Had a picture of my IMVU avatar show up while printing a pic off for my mom before)

spankwall2

Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
dude you are wrong. the folder is not realy that well protected. we know you want to help thank you. its still wrong

Status
Not open for further replies.