Flying with diapers

cantwait

Life is full of surprises.
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Incontinent
I was recently flying with diapers in my carry-on, bag and was flagged at TSA security. The agent that checked my bag was respectful, but they still pulled my diapers out in front of everybody at the security screening checkpoint. I recently got TSA pre-check and this has not been a problem. I highly recommend it for anybody who flies with diapers. This also allows you to go through the metal detector instead of the body scan so you do not have to worry about having a wet diaper on. Does anybody else have any experience with this?

SherriLil

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
I've flown with diapers several times and never had that experience. I used to put my diaper in my laptop bag and then put it on after I cleared security so that it wouldn't be visible in the body scanner, but after close to 4 years 24/7, I don't own any underwear anymore and I don't like going more than 30 minutes or so without a diaper on, as it gets uncomfortable. So, I swallowed hard, and wore a diaper through the body scanner a couple of times now. The first time, the lady who was operating it asked me to pull up my pants and go through it again, then asked an older guy who was supervising to look at the screen, and he told me to go through the metal detector instead, which of course I passed. The second time, in the UK, the operator didn't even blink, just said "You're good". The rest of the times, I got lucky and ended up being directed to a metal detector instead of a scanner.

On all of those occasions, I also had a diaper in my carry-on or laptop bag, and they've never been mentioned or inspected. I'd imagine they see them all the time. But I have mentally prepared myself for the time when I get asked over to secondary to confirm I don't have drugs or explosives tucked around myself, and I'll have to clear my throat and say "Uh, it's a diaper...", and hope that they take my word for it!

DaddyGlaceon

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Carer
Had them in my suitcase for my Baby girl. That what I recommend. I keep my Baby girl in training panties when she's out of diapers.

Zeke

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
Flying with diapers? Never tried that, is it like a hang gliding thing?

But seriously I’ve only flown two times since I having to be diapered 24/7 over 6 years ago and it wasn’t a problem. In fact, when watching people try to squeeze down the plane isle and into the lavatory I felt fortunate that I didn’t have to do that. My flight wasn’t that long and only had one transfer/layover where I took advantage of a land based restroom facility to change. When I did fly I switched from my usual cloth contours or prefolds to Abena M-4s, with a pair of plastic pants for a safeguard, as dealing with used cloth diapers in that situation wasn’t practical. I carried my supplies and spares in a Lands End backpack that I have just for this purpose.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jorelaxed

ParaRomeo

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Incontinent
So the best 2 options for main bulk of diapers needed in the USA most commercial airlines and think it's under the ACA but your allowed to have a bag with medical supplies that flys free, I have never had an issue but just know like other bags it's not pressurized and just use caution what you pack but won't effect diapers but like any luggage it can be lost. The second option and one I actually have used more frequently but have had minor issues as well but if your staying at a hotel or even better if you know someone in area but I either order diapers and have them shipped or ship mine. If staying at a hotel call and advise them that your having something delivered prior to your arrival and if it can be held at the desk(depending what you use this is where you shipping even with cost might be better like Abena comes in a flimsy marked box so you can ship is plain box that's better, I assume they use cheap boxes to save on shipping) I only had it happen once where they opened the box and once they put in wrong room but fortunately they knew and we're able to retrieve it before it was opened.

I do carry all my meds and 2 days of diapers & spare clothes in carry on!

As for TSA or any Security Checkpoint (because if your Incont you may come across security more frequently) If you fly alot tsa pre-check is and isn't worth it for me it really isn't even as a federal employee being paralyzed the screening didn't seem different (so instead of paying for pre-check I use a different program but it requires certain things and not open to everyone) but no matter if it's TSA or Rentacop at the Concert/Sports Area if you have diapers or anything medical related you have the RIGHT to ask for them to exam younor your bags in private or in a area not in view of the public. TSA has few area right close to screening where it's not totally in public where I have had my bag emptied on a counter that had high sides so no one could see anything & they have probably seen more diapers than you can think of things that may get flagged is like diaper rash ointment if bigger than 4oz being a medical need your allowed to have bigger ones but it's something you should declare so like I simple say I have a jar of a medical ointment in my bag,"Also for your safety" I also have few meds that require syringes they are capped and in a separate container(though not required because they show up on x-ray for their safety I like to mention it and make sure I mention for your safety, you might not do it but many don't carry needles correctly and safely and when they suspect it some are on edge for good reason getting accidentally stuck sux) I have asked for them to search my bag in private at Tsa, Disney, every concert and sporting events(been to some their policy which I personally felt was stupid but they can't search medical bags or ones with medical supplies why I feel it stupid is thats a security risk if you know they don't search them) but I haven't had one rentacop,tsa, security, cop not a one act unprofessional or say anything think Disney was best minute I asked for private area pulled off to side nothing was pulled out and honestly they lifted first few diapers and was like your good but I was at a concert and it was actually funny I had a small knife I used to carry they didn't see it but they flipped out because they found a can of dip which I forgot about most sports and concerts are tobacco free.

That would be last tip if the bag your flying with and good thing to do with a everyday carry diaper bag it before flying fully empty it you might be surprised mine has potential for stuff to get lost but even if not flying every few months I usually empty my bag and re-organize it because it's like gloves usually when low or get some I jam in same spot last time found half tube of desitin. I maybe different as I hava mobility disability so my diaper bag isn't just for diapers it also has spares part for my chair or spare meds(also good to check expiration dates)

JaysonTheRegressor

DNI if NSFW
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
  4. Diaperfur
  5. Little
  6. Incontinent
  7. Other
Flying with diapers? Must have been pretty big diapers to pull that off XD

pdiapered

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
So every time I've been on an airplane I've regretted not having a diaper on couse I think I really hate the feeling of having to pee! Sitting there in the plane having to pee and can't move is terrible.

Reactions: SherriLil and cantwait