fluffing diaper

littledreamers333 said:
so just curious who all here fluffs their diaper before putting it on
I do every time.

Reactions: littledreamers333
Kayleigh said:
Throw your diaper in your drier on either an air dry or very lower setting and let it run for 2 or 3 minutes. It really puffs up the diaper. If you have the very low heat setting, it not only is a nice puffy diaper but it also feels wonderful.
Cloth, right? Aren’t disposables flammable?

ARBO said:
I think that if fluffing was beneficial then manufacturers would be recommending we do it.
I heard it’s a good idea to do so because they come packed so snugly to minimize space during shipping. That’s why putting one on straight from the pack isn’t as advantageous as if it’s been sitting on a shelf or something.

LilHotRod said:
Cloth, right? Aren’t disposables flammable?

This is a few minutes at very low or no heat. There's no danger of setting the diapers on fire, or melting them.

The main problems of doing it too long are loosening the padding so much that it clumps or weakening the diaper's structure so that, for instance, the leak guards start to come loose.

Reactions: LilHotRod
I fluff. Once I unfold the diaper, I fold it in half lengthwise (V-shaped taco method everyone else seems to be calling it) and bend it back/forth along the length of the tacoed diaper. Most of the time, I diaper myself and usually do so standing up, so I feed the tacoed diaper between my legs, untaco the front and back and tape up. More comfortable that way and makes me feel less worried about leaks since it can pool towards the middle initially versus the sides.

Reactions: theancientmariner and star
Fluffing a disposable makes for a softer, more arousing plastic.

Another good reason to fluff that I thought of is that it gives you the opportunity to inspect the diaper for defects before wearing. I can count on one hand the number of defective diapers I’ve found in a pack, but it happens and quite a bit more frequently as of late it seems. I have found diapers with cuts in them twice within a year and a diaper missing a tape. And, no, I did not cut them while cutting the boxes open. They were in the middle of the packs and I noticed before I even began fluffing but fluffing gives you a chance to check it out even more.608915D3-9C66-4DBB-B65A-4251F0C5B8DA.jpeg

Same issues in South Africa with diapers

Back