• Please go to your preferences page and make sure your "See Mature Topics" setting is set. Setting it to "Yes" means you see the Mature Topics forum (contains political and religious debates). Setting it to "No" means you do not see those threads.

Flashback :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Role
Adult Baby, Incontinent, Other
I just picked up some vintage Attends off ebay and they arrived yesterday. I wore them to bed last night, and all I can say is: wow! I wore baby diapers to bed till I was about 10, then wore youth diapers for another three years. The Attends I got feel JUST LIKE the youth diapers I wore as a boy (1990-1993). The super smooth plastic outer cover is what I rememeber most. I was wondering if anyone knows how long Attends youth diapers have been around, cause I was wondering if it's possible I wore them as a kid. I can't rememeber what brand I wore, but these have got to be them if it's possible. I also have to say these vintage Attends are THICK and WIDE. Alot more than Attends of today. I'll get some comparison photos to post. Any help on the history of Attends youth diapers is appreciated. Thanks :)

-Tommy

Last edited:

Darkfinn

Banned
Role
Diaper Lover, Incontinent,
Vintage attends are nice, for sure. But for the price you paid for that pack you probably could have gotten a case of Bambinos... which are just as good IMO.

I just wish I would have known ahead of time when Attends was changing their designs... I would have bought tons of cases and now be selling them for major bank.

Role
I was lucky enough to find a seller who had them by the single piece, so I only got 2. Never tried the bambinos though, I'll take a look at'em.

Darkfinn

Banned
Role
Never tried Bambinos? Oh man... you are missing out. Soft and thick and comfortable and oh so absorbent, they're my favorite.

NickofNewjersey

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
Never tried Bambinos? Oh man... you are missing out. Soft and thick and comfortable and oh so absorbent, they're my favorite.
Omg omg omg, You're getting me soo excited!!! My first ever diapers are coming in a couple days! and they're bambinos!!!!!!!!!! :D :D

on topic: I didn't know attends made for youths, huh.

Role
Bambinos are now on my diaper shopping list :) Attends has made youth diapers as long as I've been wearing again (6 years). It's hard to find any kind of product history, despite the information age :p

barkd74

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
I love the "old" Attends. I still have a couple left. Also wish they never changed them.

Role
I guess Attends small have been out since at least the early 80's. I think "youth" and small are synonymous. In that case, I belive the attends I wore the other night are as close to the ones I wore as a kid :). Perhaps I wore small depends. I'll look into it :p

tommy

tdlrfootedpjs

Est. Contributor
Role
Little
I went to order Bambinos, and they are out until July 23rd =( I cansay that attends small and youth are the same thing, and I know for sure that they have been around since sometimes in the 80s. Hope this helps.

Role
Thx blues clues, that does help on the attends. Any insight into how long depends small's have been around? Thanks.

tommy

tdlrfootedpjs

Est. Contributor
Role
Little
Dont know exactly when they were made, but I know my brother was wearing them in 88-89 range

HTH

Darkfinn

Banned
Role
Bambinos do sell out quick when they have them. I gotta order more next month and restock.

angelabauer

Banned
Role
Adult Baby, Incontinent
I went to order Bambinos, and they are out until July 23rd =( I cansay that attends small and youth are the same thing, and I know for sure that they have been around since sometimes in the 80s. Hope this helps.
In 1981 I started wearing Attends. Their Medium were sold in many stores but were too large for me. When I talked to Attends Customer Service the nice lady said Attends made a Junior, Youth and Small. It turned out I was and still am a good fit in Small. The Junior was about the size of a current Size 6. The original Youth was slightly small on me then, when I weighed about 98 pounds, was 5'3" with 26" hips.
Attends still makes a classic poly-plastic diaper with 2 sticky tapes per side for hips from less than 18" to 30" and weight from 80 to 110 pounds. This has the same cat number as the old Small but now is called Youth Brief, #BRCL1000 sold only in cases of 96 by on-line vendors.
Attends does make Breathable Extra Absorbent Small which have cloth-like cover, Velcro tabs and are identical in size. I can and do wear Breathable Small and Youth Briefs.

A few years after I started wearing Attends, Depend started commercials on TV featuring beloved actress/singer June Allyson in 1985. Very soon after that Depend dominated shelf space in stores. However, stores I found did not stock Depend small tape-on. That was still long before websites so I cannot be sure Depend never made small. My many urologists have told me no Depend factory representative ever promoted their small.

Role
WOW! Thx angelbauer! That's some awesome insight. I think that clarifies everything for me. It's unlikely I was wearing small depends as a 11-12-13yo. Nor was it likely I was wearing a Junior Attends. The largest baby diaper wasn't good enough for all night, thats why my folks switched to a youth diaper. Like I said in my first post, wearing (granted it was a medium now) old style attends was fun, esp now that I've narrowed it down to a youth attends that i wore :) Thanks everyone.

tommy

Status
Not open for further replies.