Flash News

Status
Not open for further replies.
F

FullMetal

Well, I am sorry I have not posted much lately but I have been really busy with school/work/procrastination ect. so I seldom have time to check up on things and with all the new posts I try my hardest to keep up, but it is still hard. Nevertheless, I would like to talk about news of the Flash Chat.

The Flash Chatroom started out a bit rocky in the beginning wen Adisc first started out as some of you may remember. Members seemed to go through IRC and such rather than the Flash because they never wanted to be there alone until someone else joined, which is a completely fine reason, but still, it did not seem to catch on.

Then the Flash went through a stage where people would go on one night a week and have great conversations but then not come on for another week. I am not quite sure why this happened but I was still happy that it was catching on even if just a little.

Now thing have changed though. People have been coming on more and more and having great conversations. This is not a thread to say which is better, because I love IRC and Flashchat for their differences, but I have noticed that with IRC, when things die down, even when there are many people there, they DIE down. With Flashchat, people don't seem to like to stay quiet for longer than about ten minutes, so there is constantly chatting.

We had the most members on at once last week, which was 17. And now, there are not many nights a week where you wont see a good six-ten people on at one point or another. I think that it is such a fun place and I know that pretty much everyone who comes in, maybe just to check it out, love it. If you go on Flash, you know what I mean, but if you are not a visitor, I would suggest trying it out when people are on, see if you like it, I have faith that you will not be disappointed.

I would also like to thank all of you who come in when no one is there and start up the chat, you guys are really awesome and it really does help the flash grow.

Anyway, that is the Flash News, and I hope to see more and more people come in the future.

FullMetal

Point

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Little
Why don't we have IRC news?

Most everyone I care to talk to come to IRC anyway. That's probably because I found IRC first!

F

FullMetal

Why don't we have IRC news?

Most everyone I care to talk to come to IRC anyway. That's probably because I found IRC first!
As I said, I would not like this to turn into a 'whats better' hence the name, and if you would like an IRC news, you are open to creating one.

FullMetal

Pojo

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
Well, I am sorry I have not posted much lately but I have been really busy with school/work/procrastination ect. so I seldom have time to check up on things and with all the new posts I try my hardest to keep up, but it is still hard. Nevertheless, I would like to talk about news of the Flash Chat.

The Flash Chatroom started out a bit rocky in the beginning wen Adisc first started out as some of you may remember. Members seemed to go through IRC and such rather than the Flash because they never wanted to be there alone until someone else joined, which is a completely fine reason, but still, it did not seem to catch on.

Then the Flash went through a stage where people would go on one night a week and have great conversations but then not come on for another week. I am not quite sure why this happened but I was still happy that it was catching on even if just a little.

Now thing have changed though. People have been coming on more and more and having great conversations. This is not a thread to say which is better, because I love IRC and Flashchat for their differences, but I have noticed that with IRC, when things die down, even when there are many people there, they DIE down. With Flashchat, people don't seem to like to stay quiet for longer than about ten minutes, so there is constantly chatting.

We had the most members on at once last week, which was 17. And now, there are not many nights a week where you wont see a good six-ten people on at one point or another. I think that it is such a fun place and I know that pretty much everyone who comes in, maybe just to check it out, love it. If you go on Flash, you know what I mean, but if you are not a visitor, I would suggest trying it out when people are on, see if you like it, I have faith that you will not be disappointed.

I would also like to thank all of you who come in when no one is there and start up the chat, you guys are really awesome and it really does help the flash grow.

Anyway, that is the Flash News, and I hope to see more and more people come in the future.

FullMetal

You're welcome n__n

Peachy

Banned
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Carer
Hmm...either the "Who's in the FlashChat"-box on the main ADISC page is broken, or you people sneak onto the FlashChat at night when I'm asleep, but whenever I take a look at the box on the main page, it declares that the FlashChat is empty. :confused:

So I probably won't bother to poke my head in there until I actually witness people in there.

Peachy

Monkey

Banned
Role
Adult Baby
people don't seem to like to stay quiet for longer than about ten minutes, so there is constantly chatting.
Ironically, that's one of my main grievences with FlashChat, members don't know when to shut up, take a break and regather thoughts to move onto another topic. Once a conversation comes to a close certain individuals start to bitch that it's ''too quiet'' then it'll turn into a spastic mass where people compete with each other to see who can say the most /b/tard memes or argue pointlessly, when I or others try to steer the conversation back onto a sensible route we're accused of censoring members?

FlashChat is undoubtedly becoming more popular, but as far as I'm concerned the quality conversation give its improved is still poor. There is also a lack of respect towards moderators which myself and Kraiden have witnessed where instances of members have blatantly disregarded requests to stop arguing, then again if everything were cosy I suppose there wouldn't be a need for moderators.

Last edited:

Darkfinn

Banned
Role
Diaper Lover, Incontinent,
There's usually a good number of us "regulars" in flash chat from 8-12PM EST.

Peachy

Banned
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Carer
There's usually a good number of us "regulars" in flash chat from 8-12PM EST.
Well, that was my point all along. Because now...

ADISC.org main page said:
Members currently using Flashchat: 0

The most chatters online in one day was 17, 1 Week Ago.
No one is currently using the chat.
Peachy

Darkfinn

Banned
Role
Diaper Lover, Incontinent,
Yeah Peachy... it's too bad with the whole time zone thing... I'm sure you'd like to have a good time with the rest of us.

starshine

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
Peachy:

Adisc.org main page said:
Members currently using Flashchat: 4

The most chatters online in one day was 17, 1 Week Ago.
Mandi, Diapered4lyfe, Eclipse, Footed P.J.
At 2:12pm EST. Figured I'd sit in there to see if anyone else came. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.