Flash Action Script 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
I am using this programming language for some flash games and I am new to it. Does anyone here know the language well enough to hep me out with a syntex error.

thanks

game_designer

recovery

Est. Contributor
Role
Other
I am using this programming language for some flash games and I am new to it. Does anyone here know the language well enough to hep me out with a syntex error.

thanks

game_designer
A syntax error is usaully where you haven't formatted your code correctly. You either used an invalid statement or didn't 'punctuate' it correctly. E.g. not putting a ';' at the end of a line.

I have no real experencie with flash. But isn't there the newbie mode where you just click and drag commands? What version of flash are you using?

Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
I am using CS 3 but with Action Script 2.
Yeah I know what your talking about when you say newbie mode, we used that in my interactive comm 1 class.

the thing here though is I am learning Action Script through a flash game development book that I borrowed from one of my teachers and I haven't had any problems with the code in the book untill I got to this one certian section.

I have done what the book says and it dosen't work. There are ways to work around this problem I know but I need to understand the basics of this action.

KidBoruto

Playful Explorer
Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Little,
What is "Flash Action Script"? and What is "Programing Language"? :confused::confused:

recovery

Est. Contributor
Role
Other
I am using CS 3 but with Action Script 2.
Yeah I know what your talking about when you say newbie mode, we used that in my interactive comm 1 class.

the thing here though is I am learning Action Script through a flash game development book that I borrowed from one of my teachers and I haven't had any problems with the code in the book untill I got to this one certian section.

I have done what the book says and it dosen't work. There are ways to work around this problem I know but I need to understand the basics of this action.
Sorry, The most I have done is used

Stop();
GotoAndPlay(FrameNumberhere);

I think it might be worth talking to Cen Aeonis. He was in a similar position to you. But I haven't seem him online in a while.

Status
Not open for further replies.