Fitting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gaius

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
Today i got my first ever tape-up diapers, i ordered a sample pack of those bambino biancos. So i check the mail, like i have for like 3 days in a row and there it is, a very full looking plastic envelope/bag type thing. So when i tried it on i had a hard time getting the tapes in the right place, is there some sort of secret to this or is it just practice makes perfect? And btw these diapers are awesome. My butt feels like it's sitting on a pillow, the thickness is just very incredible feeling. :D

Mandy

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
Was there something to discuss here?

Next time think about maybe putting this as a blog. Either way congrats

Gaius

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
Well my question was, is there a secret to getting the tapes on right the first time or does it just take practice?

TheFoxxehAssassin

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Babyfur, Diaperfur
You probably just have to get used to it. If you aren't used to tape on diapers, putting them on can be tricky. I used them for a few months, and I got really good at it.

There are some tips for taping on a diaper. If you're going to lie down, do it as if someone else were changing you. Like, a baby. Standing up, stand against a wall, bring the front up, and tape on the tabs as far to the middle as you can get them without ripping them. I don't know about sitting down, I never really tried that.

Anyways, you just have to get used to them, probably. It'll take awhile, but you'll get used to it. Enjoy your Bambinos!

--The Silent Assassin--

Last edited:

Mandy

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
Well my question was, is there a secret to getting the tapes on right the first time or does it just take practice?
Oh sorry I feel bad now but that was hidden in the text.... I think there are a few threads possibly on this sbject

Gaius

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
It's OK don't feel bad, i was just in kind of a rush to type and didn't make very good structuring for my post.:therethere:

Lizzie

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Little
There was a post of some off-site blog that had instructions with pictures but I cannot think of where it was or what it was called. But I know that it was a blog run by one of the users here.

Dang. This is gonna drive be crazy! Can anyone else remember it?

avery

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
do the bottom tapes first, and don't just pull them straight across horizontally: you want to sort of angle them up so they're pointing more toward your belly button. tape them fairly high on the diaper, not down by your legs. otherwise they'll start rubbing against your leg before long, and the back of the diaper won't be pulled tight against the backs of your thighs. then do the top tapes, angling them down, so that the waist fits nice and snug.

drmmrr

Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Incontinent
Off topic. I'm still just a newbie, bit it seems there are a lot of "Forum police" around here who decide what is suitable for the forum, and what should be blogged. If I read the rules correctly, there are no rules about posting in the form of a question or not...:twocents:

thewiseguy7

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Private
Off topic. I'm still just a newbie, bit it seems there are a lot of "Forum police" around here who decide what is suitable for the forum, and what should be blogged. If I read the rules correctly, there are no rules about posting in the form of a question or not...:twocents:
yes but they are trying to put stuff in the right area, so that way when you go into a category, there is stuff there that relates to that category and not something else.

For example: Lets say you go into the teen baby category and you find a forum on sexual activities for those over 18, as you can see this should be in the Mature topics category instead of the teen baby.

Can you see what i mean?

Sky

Role
Babyfur
Good tips in this thread, glad of it. I always wondered what the hell to do with all them tabs. wish the adult diapers stuck to a good old one each side with a wide stretchy band like cruisers.

cation

Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, , Carer
Sometimes if using powder before you tape the powder can get on the tape or on the part of the diaper that the tape sticks on and can prevent the tape from sticking. Some spare tape comes in handy sometimes.

Prussic_aux

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
I reckon there should be an instructional video on taping up diapers, maybe a project for march?

Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Incontinent
My tips:

-Laying down is better than standing or pressed against the wall. It lets you get the position exactly right.

-Make sure you get the back and front about even with each other. If you're going to be laying on your belly for that diaper, then you can cheap to the front some, but other than that you need to have them about even or the fit will be off and you will be prone to leaks.

-Pull the front up and snug against your lower tummy. Once it is centered, use your opposite hand to smooth out one side of the front over your hip. Then use the hand on that side to pull the bottom most tape up and stick it onto the front. Slide out the hand you were using to position the side at the same time - you dont want to tape over your positioning hand, or when you pull it out you will have a looser fit than you were trying for.

-As noted above, angle the bottom tape up. I like to make sure it is taped on my pelvis bone, not down on the thigh. Then repeat with the bottom tab on the other side before moving on to the middle and top tapes. If you do all three on one side at once, you will likely pull the front off center to that side, which will make the fit uneven, uncomfortable, and prone to leaking. Some people go bottom, bottom, top, top, middle, middle. I personally go right bottom, left bottom, right middle, right top, left middle, left top. Getting the top two tapes in exactly the right spot is less important than the bottom tape.

-You want your legs positioned approximately how they will be when you are wearing the diaper. I.e. if you;re going to be sitting, then bend your knees so your thighs are angled away from your abdomen similar to when you are sitting.

-As mentioned above, don;t let anything get on the tapes or their landing spot. Baby powder or oil on a tape will completely ruin it. If you are using oil, lotion, rash cream, etc., you might consider applying all that to your diaper area and then washing your hands, then putting your diaper on. Powder can just be shaken directly into the diaper, it doesn't need to be spread over your diaper area with your hand.

Status
Not open for further replies.