Status
Not open for further replies.
S

schoolboy21

is there anybody here thats really into freshwater fishing

Role
  1. Private

I like it, but it's been years since I've gone*. I'm a shoreline angler; no wading around in the lake for me!

There are few things in life that make me happier than throwing a freshly-caught fish into the pan and searing it then and there. There's something so simple and earthy about it that is attractive to me - like golf, when I am fishing, that is all I'm thinking about. Never mind the fact that I don't catch anything.

*I last went in Wet Beaver Creek in Arizona. A couple friends and I hiked about 5 miles in and set up camp for the day. We didn't catch anything, but snacked on beef jerky and enjoyed the scenery.

K

kitty0230

me, i used to fish every day, but i no longer live by a lake, however i am building a new boat to fish from. what is your favorite fish to catch, mine is chain pickerel, as they put up a really good fight, and are absolutely delectable to eat

Nexeon

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Private
During the summer I usually go fishing a fair bit at a near by lake with my family. When we go fishing we mostly catch pickerel and the odd jack fish. We only ever keep the pickerel though, don't much care for the taste of jack.

Ace

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I love fishing. I live on a lake so all I have to do is go out back and fish. Mostly pan-fish like perch, sunny's and crappies, but they're still fun. The ice is finally thick enough to go out on so I'll be doing some ice fishing soon.

dogboy

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
Our family has a place beyond Parry Sound, Canada, and I have caught a lot of fish there. I like pickerel the most to eat, but I love catching pike, and then bass. One time I went out on Lake Harris with my father in law. It was dusk and I was plugging along the lilly pads. Suddenly a big bass hit it and danced and fish tailed. I felt like I was the front cover for Sports Illustrated magazine. It was so incredibly exciting. My father in law is no long living, but I'll bet he's somewhere fishing and having a day like we shared. He was the best.

FluffyFluffers

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Babyfur
  2. Sissy
Have a catfish/bass/brim pond i fish at and I sometime fish salt water.

I love near a river.

Chillhouse

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Carer
Used to. My family owns a log cabin in the middle of a provincial park. We were granted special permission to build there, so, essentialy, it's the only building for miles.

And it's smack dab on the most beautiful lake I've ever seen. Hiking there's a bitch though and takes all day. I used to go up 2-3 times a year when I was a kid. I havn't been up there for a long time though. I'd love to get up there with just a few friends of mine and chill for the weekend.

Great fishing spot, and that's pretty much the only thing you can do all day.

Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Carer
At least once a month; trout, bass, crappie, cats or whatever is biting

Point

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Little

is that a statement
is that a question
when it's underwater does it get wet
or does the water get it instead
nobody knows
indeterminate clause man

I used to fish fairly frequently but only caught like one fish to speak of. The rest were bluegills and that noobish stuff. It's all about getting out of the house and drinking lots of good stuff while the weather is great!

Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Carer
  3. Private
I have enjoyed fishing in only two places, and only one of which i feal like mentioning.

With the boy scouts, I went up to Boundry Waters, which is a cannoing treck in Canada. I wen't 3 years ago and last year. The whole place is amazing and full of wildlife. It's the most untamed place I've ever been too. I've told this story befor, so i'm not going to go in depth about the area, but i will talk about the amazing fishing.

Well, both times I wen't, we wen't really really deep in the boundry waters. We wen't so far back that it became hard to tell where the paths were because we were probably the first to go on them that year. Well, in an area full of fish that have never been fished befor... well the answer is obvious. The water was so clear that you could see the fish going for your hooks, and you didn't need to do any tricks. They'd go streight for it and bight hard, and you would watch them do it! as soon as they had it, you yank and the fish was yours. Every other cast was a catch of pritty good sized, almost always a small mouth, and many of which we ate. And I have to say, thoes fish living in the cleanest of water cooked as fresh as humanly possible was the most amazing thing I've ever had.

Point

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Little
I went up to Boundry Waters, which is a cannoing treck in Canada. I wen't 3 years ago and last year.

Well, both times I wen't, we wen't really really deep in the boundry waters.

We wen't so far back that it became hard to tell where the paths were because we were probably the first to go on them that year.

Went isn't a contraction :[

I've never gone fishing on a boat. I'd assume that probably helps the catching, and I suck at casting :laugh:

Point

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Little
I just thought it was funny that you typed it that way :D

I wish I didn't quit Boy Scouts. But I was awkward when I was a kid and didn't make any friends, which is a huge part of it.

avery

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Private
I wish I didn't quit Boy Scouts.

:educate: i believe you mean you wish you HADN'T quit boy scouts. unless you make a regular habit of quitting boy scouts. grammarnazi'd!

some friends took me fishing in puget sound once but i didn't catch anything. i can kind of dig the idea of fishing, even though i don't like eating fish.

Squigma

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Babyfur
My dad was big into fishing a while back, but stopped soon before I was old enough to go out with him. I always pestered him to go, 'cause it sounded fun, but he never did. So I never got round to trying it.

He's started again now but it doesn't really appeal to me much anymore. So I'll probably never bother.

Point

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Little
:educate: i believe you mean you wish you HADN'T quit boy scouts. unless you make a regular habit of quitting boy scouts. grammarnazi'd!

some friends took me fishing in puget sound once but i didn't catch anything. i can kind of dig the idea of fishing, even though i don't like eating fish.

ACTUALLY THAT IS AN ACCEPTABLE PHRASE DUE TO LANGUAGES ALWAYS CHANGING. IT'S LIKE SAYING YOU DID SOMETHING ON ACCIDENT! YOU'RE SUPPOSED TO SAY BY ACCIDENT. I am the superior Nazi here!

And I have that problem - I don't want to get rid of the fish but I don't want to eat it. I wish I could sell it to the general store like in games.

S

schoolboy21

i havent had a chance to go ice fishing yet this year i just dont have the time

Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Babyfur
  3. Diaperfur
I went fishing once a few years ago and caught some perch. I almost got the hook caught on my eyelid - scary! I'm not a very big fan of fishing (since I tend to suck at it XD)

Status
Not open for further replies.