First time getting through the night

Isle

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Well it was kind of exhilarating. I have never been able to wear a diaper through the night because I toss and turn and halfway through the night it would start to get full and loose and uncomfortable. I would not be able to go back to sleep, and would just rip it off. Part of the awakeness is I admit that it is stimulating to wear a diaper.

Last night when I reached this point, and not wanting to turn on a light to wake myself more, I fumbled in the dark for some duct tape and retaped the Crinklz I had on, and actually fell back to sleep. I think I peed several times without waking which is very unusual for me. I loved it. There was a little wet spot but I have a mattress cover and I actually like to pee myself in bed (but don't like the wet cold!).

The Crinkles weighed in at almost 2 quarts, that is some diaper!

Reactions: Lewis Badger, Pika123 and neophyte
Sounds like you're getting there!! I wonder why the tapes are coming off, from rolling around? Would wearing a onesie would help keep the diaper in place and together!!! There are some cute and some plain black onesies you can get which are pretty comfy and light to sleep in, which I'm sure you're well aware of.

I only slept in a diaper once and it was with a onesie! I'd do it more if I could.

neophyte said:
Sounds like you're getting there!! I wonder why the tapes are coming off, from rolling around? Would wearing a onesie would help keep the diaper in place and together!!! There are some cute and some plain black onesies you can get which are pretty comfy and light to sleep in, which I'm sure you're well aware of.

I only slept in a diaper once and it was with a onesie! I'd do it more if I could.
The onesie would help for sure. I find it kind of restricting and the ones I have are thick material which is not so good to sleep in, but I'll definitely try that. Where do you find the black one?

I have tried Rearz and Tykables onesies....

Today I only wear Tykables (plain black), they are very well built and are more like a regular cotton shirt (not too thick and not too thin). I HIGHLY recommend their onesie and their romper, they are a bit more expensive than other onesies but it's worth the extra money.

If you happen to order from Tykables... I am 200lbs and 5'11, jeans are size 33 ... I fit perfectly in a SMALL.

Try hockey tape (clear tape for Shinpads) it works great for me and is easier to use.

neophyte said:
Today I only wear Tykables (plain black), they are very well built and are more like a regular cotton shirt (not too thick and not too thin). I HIGHLY recommend their onesie and their romper, they are a bit more expensive than other onesies but it's worth the extra money.

Glad you like them!

neophyte said:
If you happen to order from Tykables... I am 200lbs and 5'11, jeans are size 33 ... I fit perfectly in a SMALL.

We always recommend getting the same size as you would any shirt that you buy. Going down a size will make them tighter but with our 4 way stretch fabric there is a generous cross over of sizes to meet different needs.

Reactions: neophyte
I second the vote for the romper. It doesn't pull at the crotch, especially at night when it's getting full, and I am twisting around quite a bit. The romper, and the new snappiest are good for the day, . With a shirt and pants they are appear as a t shirt.

Isle said:
Well it was kind of exhilarating. I have never been able to wear a diaper through the night because I toss and turn and halfway through the night it would start to get full and loose and uncomfortable. I would not be able to go back to sleep, and would just rip it off. Part of the awakeness is I admit that it is stimulating to wear a diaper.

Last night when I reached this point, and not wanting to turn on a light to wake myself more, I fumbled in the dark for some duct tape and retaped the Crinklz I had on, and actually fell back to sleep. I think I peed several times without waking which is very unusual for me. I loved it. There was a little wet spot but I have a mattress cover and I actually like to pee myself in bed (but don't like the wet cold!).

The Crinkles weighed in at almost 2 quarts, that is some diaper!
Congratulations! I didn't realise people have trouble sleeping in a diaper, though I can see why you might get too excited to sleep. I only recently managed to start wetting quite quickly shortly after waking up, but it still fails me sometimes.

I frequently sleep with a diaper on and it has never ripped on me before, I wonder what you might be doing?

I'm also quite curious that you've only recently started sleeping with diapers, but wet multiple times through the night, how did you cope before diapers?

Lewis Badger said:
Congratulations! I didn't realise people have trouble sleeping in a diaper, though I can see why you might get too excited to sleep. I only recently managed to start wetting quite quickly shortly after waking up, but it still fails me sometimes.

I frequently sleep with a diaper on and it has never ripped on me before, I wonder what you might be doing?

I'm also quite curious that you've only recently started sleeping with diapers, but wet multiple times through the night, how did you cope before diapers?

Thanks for that, it does feel like an achievement! I have tried off and on to sleep with a diaper but never slept well. I have very frequent urination but I'm not incontinent. I wake up usually 7-8 times at night and pee and then usually just fall back to sleep. I was hoping with the diaper I could sleep through better and that did work for 2 nights. Then the other night I tried with a onesie and that did not work well. Its still a work in progress.

The diaper does not rip off, I may have given that impression, but with my constant moving it loosens which is why I re-taped it. Someone mentioned hockey tape. Must be from Canada.? I'm in NYC!

olddon300 said:
I second the vote for the romper. It doesn't pull at the crotch, especially at night when it's getting full, and I am twisting around quite a bit. The romper, and the new snappiest are good for the day, . With a shirt and pants they are appear as a t shirt.
Thanks I'll check out the romper

Isle said:
Thanks for that, it does feel like an achievement! I have tried off and on to sleep with a diaper but never slept well. I have very frequent urination but I'm not incontinent. I wake up usually 7-8 times at night and pee and then usually just fall back to sleep. I was hoping with the diaper I could sleep through better and that did work for 2 nights. Then the other night I tried with a onesie and that did not work well. Its still a work in progress.

The diaper does not rip off, I may have given that impression, but with my constant moving it loosens which is why I re-taped it. Someone mentioned hockey tape. Must be from Canada.? I'm in NYC!
I see, thanks for the explanation.

No idea what hockey tape is, though I remember people on the Rugby team used tapes every now and again, they're just regular electrical tape though, don't see how that'd help.

Back