First Pampers size 6 TV Commercial

Pampers4Ever

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Does anyone know where to download the first ad for Pampers size 6 in the US? This was the one with the doctor telling us that potty training can wait and has to be on his time. Has to be around 1998 when it aired.

bambinobaby

Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
It is available here:

Reactions: crinklybabyblue

Nowididit

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
This is the diaper I wish would be scaled up to adult size. Plastic backed with hook and loop tabs. I believe these also had a semi stretchy sides too. Oh and let's not forget that sweet Pampers scent.

Reactions: OneWhoHasSeenTheEye

Dutchone

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Diaperfur
I remember another Pampers size 6 commercial. A boy / or girl stands with mother next to the washing machine.
Then they take out a big cotton cloth on which that child says. What is this big diaper for,, an elephant.
To which Pampers says we are proud to introduce our new bigest diaper. The Pampers size 6.

Unfortunately I can't find it again.

@Nowididit
You are right these first and second generations of the size 6 Pampers were the best.

Last edited:

Pampers4Ever

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Awesome, thank you. I had the hardest time finding this Ad. I fingered P&G was blocking anything to do with larger size diapers. There used to be a YouTuber that would try on vintage Pampers and found a pack that was up to 35kg's. The diaper was the largest I've ever seen. I believe he was from Germany.

PCS

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Pampers4Ever said:
Awesome, thank you. I had the hardest time finding this Ad. I fingered P&G was blocking anything to do with larger size diapers. There used to be a YouTuber that would try on vintage Pampers and found a pack that was up to 35kg's. The diaper was the largest I've ever seen. I believe he was from Germany.
I think this is the guy you mean.

BobbiSueEllen

A happy, soggy li'l toddler girl in DDs and PPs
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Sissy
  3. Little
  4. Other
T. Berry Brazelton was the pediatrician who was featured in the ad, as well as made a paid spokesperson for Pampers at the time. Brazelton was roundly criticized by his contemporaries then and was accused of selling out his professional integrity; gradually, the commercials & ads were withdrawn. Brazelton died in 2018, age 99.

He also curried disfavor by directly telling parents to resist the counsel of grandparents in regard to not only toilet training but childcare in general. That didn't settle with most people, adding to his negative feedback.

Oh, speaking of: I own a teaberry Fruit of the Loom t-shirt. 🤭

Last edited:

Pampers4Ever

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
PCS said:
I think this is the guy you mean.

Yes, that’s the guy I was thinking about. He did one video with an even larger vintage Pampers baby-dry diaper. I’ve watched the video numerous times but can’t find it anywhere.

Nowididit

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Pampers4Ever said:
Yes, that’s the guy I was thinking about. He did one video with an even larger vintage Pampers baby-dry diaper. I’ve watched the video numerous times but can’t find it anywhere.
These diapers would not be that hard to scale up to adult sizes. I wish an ABDL company would look into this. ABU has the SDKs and with a little tweaking on the landing zone, tapes and padding, the SDK could become this type of adult size Pampers. Rearz and Diaper Minister also have a 2 tape diaper that could be tweaked.

Dutchone

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Diaperfur
@Pampers4Ever
Maybe it has to do with a 1st generation and 2nd generation Pampers xl/sz 6,
These appeared in stores shortly after each other.
Where the 1st were a lot bigger until the 2nd. Parents apparently thought they were too big,
So they were made slightly smaller / narrower. The first generation could be recognized with the size-picture
of a child on a tricycle. The second generation were two children side to side.

Reactions: BobbiSueEllen

SparkyDog

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
  3. Other
This could be a large contributer to kids potty training later now than in the past

Reactions: pamperluvs and BobbiSueEllen

PCS

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Pampers4Ever said:
I remember the video and think I even posted it here once. The original size 6’s were astonishingly big.

The video doesn’t seem to be on his channel anymore for some reason, sadly.

PCS

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover

Found where I’d posted it. Looks like the vid was removed from YouTube, sadly.

Pampers4Ever

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
So sad, P&G and Pampers is missing out a market that is there. Just think if they created a full life cycle of products from cradle to grave so to speak. Now that people are more open minded these days about wearing diapers at any age. A regular tab style diaper would be the better option over a pull-up. Diapers can be changed without removing your clothes. You even see the ads in NASCAR. If they can get over the stigma, anyone can.
The Pampers featured in that video filled that gap in coverage. Just think about all of the special needs people out there that still need the protection of a diaper. Lager sizes would be a great addition to the product offerings.

Reactions: baliebox4916

BabyTweetyBird

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
PCS said:
Looks like the vid was removed from YouTube, sadly
It's probably because the video violated Google's terms of service for copyright infringement.