first pair of plastic pant/diaper cover (help/suggestions?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

DprEffect

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
So i'm considering buying my first plasticpants/diaper cover to go over some disposable diapers, but i'm currently feeling very lost. I'm looking on northshore and Garywear seems to be the best rated ones on their site. I'm a little bit confused on the sizing chart, and dont want to get the wrong size and loose $25 due to the no refund ordeal after being opened. So i just want some clarification that i'm correct. If someone has a suggestion for a different pair of plastic pants i'm open to suggestions, my biggest concern is the sizing and that they dont cost anymore then $25

http://www.northshorecare.com/media/wysiwyg/pdf/garywear-sizing-guide.pdf

Waist: 36 1/2
hip: 34 1/2
thigh: 21 1/2

I think i'm an extra small, according to their sizing chart but not 100% sure. Should i measure with a diaper on? or without? measurements above are without a diaper.

waist is "around your belt line". Like how regular clothes (pants and shorts) are marked. I'd still knock off a few more inches, as it's been my experience with my moderate hip size that the lower tapes have to go a good 6" or more out of the way to get to the front panel. Part of this is the hips are wider, and part is that the front wing comes IN and up and doesn't extend as far out in the front as a result. Women of course have wider hips too, making this difference a lot more pronounced. I wouldn't order that size if I wore larger than size 32 pants.

Thanks that helped clear things up. I went with a small instead.

I'm a 32" waist and I wear small, so I think you might have wanted a medium. I guess you'll find out however.

dogboy said:
I'm a 32" waist and I wear small, so I think you might have wanted a medium. I guess you'll find out however.

Most of my pants are a 32 waist and fit perfectly even though my waist size is a 34. Size 34 pants normally require me wearing a belt because they are so loose. So hopefully the small will fit perfectly.

DprEffect said:
Most of my pants are a 32 waist and fit perfectly even though my waist size is a 34. Size 34 pants normally require me wearing a belt because they are so loose. So hopefully the small will fit perfectly.

Since that's the case, I think they'll fit. I've noticed that those of us with 32" waists are at the cusp between small and medium.

DprEffect said:
So i'm considering buying my first plasticpants/diaper cover to go over some disposable diapers, but i'm currently feeling very lost. I'm looking on northshore and Garywear seems to be the best rated ones on their site. I'm a little bit confused on the sizing chart, and dont want to get the wrong size and loose $25 due to the no refund ordeal after being opened. So i just want some clarification that i'm correct. If someone has a suggestion for a different pair of plastic pants i'm open to suggestions, my biggest concern is the sizing and that they dont cost anymore then $25

I think i'm an extra small, according to their sizing chart but not 100% sure. Should i measure with a diaper on? or without? measurements above are without a diaper.

Go on ebay-adult baby pants; you will find many different kinds; very inexpensive, too. Haian vinyl ones in large should fit you.

dogboy said:
Since that's the case, I think they'll fit. I've noticed that those of us with 32" waists are at the cusp between small and medium.

They just arrived today. They are a bit tight but not uncomfortably tight.

DprEffect said:
They just arrived today. They are a bit tight but not uncomfortably tight.

That's how mine are. I'd rather have them a little tight and not leak than the other way around.

dogboy said:
That's how mine are. I'd rather have them a little tight and not leak than the other way around.

Thats what I was thinking. They should fit a tad better once I start eating better and go back down on pants size. Gained 5lbs while on my week long trip xD. I really like them though. While I don't sleep in a diaper all the time when I do the bottom tapes always come undone because I move around alot in my sleep. This gary pants have fixed that issue :3 the tapes stayed in place the whole time I slept.

I was very happy with the Babykins 21300V with its wide elastic, but decided that I would prefer that the elastic be encapsulated . I will be special ordering two medium 50300Vs with 12" side seams (instead of the standard 9") for $19 each plus shipping. The extra side seam length provides better sleeping coverage at the legs (since you do not have to pull toe cover as high) and the waist.

http://www.babykins.com/store/adult-plastic-pants/kins-encased-elastic-adult-diaper-cover/

I too got the smalls in GaryWear. They're a bit snug in in the thighs and a little stiff at first but after a wash or 2 they feel like underwear.

DprEffect said:
Thats what I was thinking. They should fit a tad better once I start eating better and go back down on pants size. Gained 5lbs while on my week long trip xD. I really like them though. While I don't sleep in a diaper all the time when I do the bottom tapes always come undone because I move around alot in my sleep. This gary pants have fixed that issue :3 the tapes stayed in place the whole time I slept.

I'm glad they're a success. There's nothing worse than getting the wrong size, and after all the anticipation, being disappointed.

dogboy said:
I'm glad they're a success. There's nothing worse than getting the wrong size, and after all the anticipation, being disappointed.
Yeah. Thanks for your help. I would have bought the extra small if you hadn't helped me out. They fit perfectly now after wearing them a few times. I think they just needed to be broken in some.

I called NS about sizing before buying, they were very helpful and I felt at home when I calleduing
DprEffect said:

DprEffect said:
Yeah. Thanks for your help. I would have bought the extra small if you hadn't helped me out. They fit perfectly now after wearing them a few times. I think they just needed to be broken in some.

Yeah, mine stretch out after I've worn them a couple of times. I always think they're going to be too tight and then after a couple of uses and washing, they fit well.

dogboy said:
Yeah, mine stretch out after I've worn them a couple of times. I always think they're going to be too tight and then after a couple of uses and washing, they fit well.
Speaking of washing. Is there any special settings that they should be washed on? I'm assuming that they need to airdry.

DprEffect said:
Speaking of washing. Is there any special settings that they should be washed on? I'm assuming that they need to airdry.

They do need to air dry. I actually hand wash mine when I take my shower, using antiseptic hand soap. I did some on-line research, and a couple of the companies that sell them said to wash them by hand with hand soap. The one thing that is destructive to plastic pants is oil. Body oil will deteriorate them, but so will many detergent soaps because they have petroleum products in them. As an example, dish washing detergent has petroleum products in them to break up oil and grease.

I think several of our members do wash them in the washing machine using diaper detergents. I would put them on the most gentle cycle you have if you use the washing machine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back