First leak.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

saix

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Incontinent
Hello everyone Id like to start by saying that Im incontinent with urge incontinence to be exact.
I do not wear diapers often in my day to day life due to the cost instead only wearing when Im going out for the most part.
The brand that I use is the "Lille supreme fit" this is a decent enough brand most of the time with a good price and is really the only thing I have access to
I usually just tape one on and use a small amount of baby powder. tonight I may have taped it with the waistband a little low usually they are able to take a large flood while seated with absolutely no problem
regardless onto why I made this thread
onight I ended up in someone elses house for an hour or so minding the place since it wasnt my house I wore a diaper to avoid ruining anything.
I was wearing a tight pair of cotton boxers over my diaper to see if it would help in holding it up a little bit and also hiding it and on top of the cotton ones I had another pair on then over that was a pair of loose pants.
I got home and was sitting watching television and had an accident Im sitting at a slight angle and I feel the moisture move around the waist and move down the back a minute later I realise ive leaked through the rear and side through both pairs of underwear through the pants and onto my shirt.
When I was cleaning myself up I looked at the first pair of underwear and they were wet at the very top around the left and right back sides going down with the middle being pretty dry.
when I looked at the diaper the front was pretty wet but the middle and back were relatively dry
Im guessing it might just partly be the angle I was sitting at but this has left me a little shaken. the diapers were giving me a lot of confidence so this is a tiny bit scary to me.
I appreciate any response be it advice or tips opinion comments
If anyone wants to know more about my specific situation I have made a number of posts on the incontinence board in the past
please note I am not able to change brands or use boosters or anything of the sort
I would appreciate any tips on avoiding leakage and maybe any tips in regards to taping on a diaper as it may very well be that due to my inexperience I made a mistake
sorry for the wall of text and ones again thanks for any responses

Sitting is a problem for pretty much all disposables. There's just too much stacked against you, your diaper is going to perform at maybe 1/3 its normal max capacity. So if you're wearing a diaper that can't take three floods while say, laying down, it won't take one while sitting. Cranking the tapes down tighter doesn't help much either - your pelvis geometry changes radically when you sit down, and adds so much slack around the lower tapes as to make them almost useless.

The leak you've experienced sounds like something that I have a frequent problem with. Sometimes I wet in little spurts and because of that, the front of the diaper gets fairly swollen but the middle and back do not. The front swelling causes a damming effect which prevents the pee from moving to the middle and back of the diaper when I'm sitting down so it will leak up through the waistband and around the top sides. So my question is - did you wet a little bit while over at your friend's house? Perhaps just enough to cause what I'm talking about to happen? Or, were you dry until you got home and the leak happened there? Could have been the rate of the flood. Sometimes too you will get "that diaper" that just for some reason isn't quite right. I've worn Bambinos for a while now and all of them are great but every now and then I'll get one that isn't quite right and I'll leak prematurely or it won't hold a regular wetting for me right. If it is just one occurrence I'd chalk it up to a fluke. If it happens more regularly perhaps it may be best to re-evaluate the fit, brand, or style. Hope this helps!

I can only think of three helpful tips for your situation (I hope they are helpful). Since the Lille supreme fit diapers are good (from what I hear) you should be ok. Tip number one: you said the waist band was lower than how you normally tape them on and I assume you mean the front? I think that right there is a major factor in your diapers failure! I have learned over the years that bringing the front up farther than you think it should really helps alot. Not only does the padding in the front wings bunch less (because it's higher on your tummy above your legs) but the diaper feels like it fits better and I think it does! Some times it looks weird because the front sticks up farther than the back but it balances out actually. Tip number two: make sure you are pointed down and back! A few days ago I wore all day and had to adjust myself because only the front was swelling. I found my member bunched up up front so I adjusted him down/back and voila' the back padding was used. The third tip: have you thought about buying a pair of rubber pants? I don't have any but several people swear by them and they sell some that have a layer of cloth inside so if you do leak it gets absorbed.
Edit: another tip (#4) fold the diaper in half long ways front to back to make a channel before you strap up.

Reactions: Dolphin
shibapawz said:
The leak you've experienced sounds like something that I have a frequent problem with. Sometimes I wet in little spurts and because of that, the front of the diaper gets fairly swollen but the middle and back do not. The front swelling causes a damming effect which prevents the pee from moving to the middle and back of the diaper when I'm sitting down so it will leak up through the waistband and around the top sides. So my question is - did you wet a little bit while over at your friend's house? Perhaps just enough to cause what I'm talking about to happen? Or, were you dry until you got home and the leak happened there? Could have been the rate of the flood. Sometimes too you will get "that diaper" that just for some reason isn't quite right. I've worn Bambinos for a while now and all of them are great but every now and then I'll get one that isn't quite right and I'll leak prematurely or it won't hold a regular wetting for me right. If it is just one occurrence I'd chalk it up to a fluke. If it happens more regularly perhaps it may be best to re-evaluate the fit, brand, or style. Hope this helps!

Its hard to be TMI on a forum like this but I still always worry that what I say is a little too indepth however you could be right
In the past while seated Ive never had a leak with this brand however in this instance My genitals were pointing straight meaning that it was pressed against the front panel of the diaper I began to wet then due to it being blocked for a second which was actually painful then as i moved it continued so it could very well be that the inital stream then break then continuation was what caused the leak
If anyone has any tips id like to hear them by the way especially in regards to putting on a diaper properly
I get a deal of security when wearing one while out and the thought of leaks is unpleasant so Id love to hear any more advice

does anyone have anything to say at all that might help

Hi there, saix. Every diaper is going to fail at some point. Sometimes it's a manufacturing fluke. Sometimes it's a positioning issue. Sometimes it just happens. Yesterday I had a very high quality diaper leak because somehow the outer shell got punctured - likely in handling at my house. It happens and part of life in diapers is learning how to deal with it. I've had almost entirely dry diapers, high-quality ones, leak from time to time. Pampers fail on babies sometimes, too.

It sounds like you might have had the diaper a bit tight. I'll send you my method for putting on a diaper standing. It's the best way I've found to ensure a secure fit, and it's fast and easy.

Hope all is well.

If you only have access to these diapers try pointing down and using Ducktape around the diaper to help,keep it snug and to help keep you pointing down. It sounds like the diaper brand you are using does not have a lot of padding in the front and when you flood you are leaking from the top of the diaper.

When you can afford it try a better premium diaper like Abena Level 4 get a few samples in a couple,of sizes if you in the top boarder of a diaper size chart.

Rob110 said:
If you only have access to these diapers try pointing down and using Ducktape around the diaper to help,keep it snug and to help keep you pointing down. It sounds like the diaper brand you are using does not have a lot of padding in the front and when you flood you are leaking from the top of the diaper.

When you can afford it try a better premium diaper like Abena Level 4 get a few samples in a couple,of sizes if you in the top boarder of a diaper size chart.

truth be told other brands arent a possibility and may never really be
in australia I can get Lille for a decent price and they normally work well enough so far anything else is borderline impossible to get and is insanely expensive

Saix, I just got my first diaper cover the other day. I had an issue before when wetting that the diaper would sag/pull, but since using the diaper cover it seems to keep everything in place and I can feel my diaper filling up in the middle to back as well.

I am using a Garywear active diaper cover and they also seem to get very good reviews online. May be worth checking out. Today I used it at work with a tranquility daytime pull-on and it worked great.

Hope that helps.

I just got my first pair of Gary active. They are well made and perform nicely.

Yeah...sitting down and using a diaper is a great way to make it leak. It's mostly because the diaper doesn't have as much room to absorb the pee, so it ends up pooling then leaking.

Just my opinion, but I think you should try putting a booster where you wet the most if you haven't done so already. It should at least mitigate any leaks that could happen again.

Hey Storm trooper I got to ask do you wear the wellness brief ( inspired by NASA) under that armor? Please don't be "pissed" it was an attempt at humour.

On a more serious note I have found all dispossbles will leak in any position if you have to much compression on over them.be carefully a little is good but a lot spells LEAK.

Nope, it's a Northshore. Thanks for asking, though!

(taking jokes too literally FTW)

Yep. Disposables leak like crazy with pressure. A way I found to help with that is to let gravity work. Lean so areas that are fuller or not absorbing as fast can get the time they need. If you get to the point where it's leaking when your even moving a little, then its time to change

TheRai said:
Yep. Disposables leak like crazy with pressure.

SAP will fix that. low sap diapers press out, high sap diapers do not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back