First diaper recommendations

DLBoy101

Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
Hey everyone! I'm still really new to the site and to the DL lifestyle, and I've not worn yet for various different reasons (living with parents etc). I'm thinking about ordering some soon though, but not sure which ones to go for. I really like the look of Rearz Safari, since I think I wanna try something really thick. I'm not sure if it might be too much for my first time though.

I'd really appreciate any recommendations for a first time diaper that would sort of ease me in and that I'd be able to try wetting and messing in at some point in the future.

I was also wondering about ordering the Lucky Nappy Pack from Nappies R Us and seeing what that's like so I can experiment a bit, does anyone have any experience with that product? I'm a 33 inch waist and the smallest the pack goes is medium so idk if it would be too big.

Thanks in advance for any advice and help 😁

dltyty

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Little
It really depends on what you plan on doing with said diaper... do you plan to use it? if so, how much and for what? are you just going to sleep in it? or is it a daytime wear? or is it just going to be put it on, use it and take it off?? There are many different ways to use/wear a diaper, so to pick the best one would require a bit more information...

Blathers

Check your privilege lovelies <3
Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Little
My second diaper was a Rearz Safari, I think its a good dip for a first time use, I find the thickness to actually help alot with feeling comfy. Some diapers feel plasticy in a way and a Safari to me feels like a comfy cloud :love: but if you have small measurements that might be an issue, Rearz is pretty big, Im a big girl so its appreciated lol :3

Also it depends what you're going to be doing in it, haha sorry I read Safari and got all excited it really is very soft :3 *but Im still a diaper noob soooo wait for more answers lol*

Diaperlover40

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Little
I would recommend rearz barnyard they have a great smell to them thick and super absorbent and have hook and loop tapes so if you want to take it off and reuse you can.

DLBoy101

Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
It really depends on what you plan on doing with said diaper... do you plan to use it? if so, how much and for what? are you just going to sleep in it? or is it a daytime wear? or is it just going to be put it on, use it and take it off?? There are many different ways to use/wear a diaper, so to pick the best one would require a bit more information...
I'm probably planning to chill in it for a bit and use it for both wetting and messing, see how that feels then either take it off or use it some more before changing. Right now I've got limited time to wear so it won't be overnight or for long periods of time, it would be more like a few hours in it. I've never wetted/messed before so I'd probably try wetting first then build up to messing from there if I get the chance (this is all dependent on getting enough alone time without being caught).

DLBoy101

Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
My second diaper was a Rearz Safari, I think its a good dip for a first time use, I find the thickness to actually help alot with feeling comfy. Some diapers feel plasticy in a way and a Safari to me feels like a comfy cloud :love: but if you have small measurements that might be an issue, Rearz is pretty big, Im a big girl so its appreciated lol :3

Also it depends what you're going to be doing in it, haha sorry I read Safari and got all excited it really is very soft :3 *but Im still a diaper noob soooo wait for more answers lol*
I wanna try wetting and messing but might have to just wear first and get some experience just doing that before I do that. It seems like everyone has good things to say about Rearz so might go with them, I love the idea of something thick and soft 😍 thanks for the recommendation 😁

DLBoy101

Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
I would recommend rearz barnyard they have a great smell to them thick and super absorbent and have hook and loop tapes so if you want to take it off and reuse you can.
I like the sound of that 😁 thanks for the recommendation ☺

irnub

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
I really like the look of Rearz Safari, since I think I wanna try something really thick. I'm not sure if it might be too much for my first time though.
I'd actually recommend not going with a crazy thick abdl diaper at first. I remember the first diaper I put on I was so excited I was shaking and messed up the tapes. It wasn't until I was halfway through the bag a few days later until I was able to be calm enough to wear and actually use them.

Assuming your first time is something like mine was, I'd recommend you get a bag of abena M4 or L4 from amazon (if it's prime, it'll come in a plain amazon prime box) first. They're cheap enough you can mess up a tape and not feel bad about it, and generally should be able to hold a wetting or two without leaking. Once you have a feel for how they should fit and how to put them on, go for some of the premium abdl diapers like rearz or abu or tykables.

dltyty

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Little
I'm probably planning to chill in it for a bit and use it for both wetting and messing, see how that feels then either take it off or use it some more before changing. Right now I've got limited time to wear so it won't be overnight or for long periods of time, it would be more like a few hours in it. I've never wetted/messed before so I'd probably try wetting first then build up to messing from there if I get the chance (this is all dependent on getting enough alone time without being caught).
If it were me, I would try a thinner diaper first if you don't plan on being in it for very long. I am one of those people who hates to waste a diaper... so if your in a thick one, you will want to have drank a LOT of water first to be able to use it fully!!

I'd pick a package of cheap ones like Tranquility ATN's or even any of the NorthShore (-MegaMax) they are great and inexpensive compared to a Rearz, ABU, or Crinklz, plus you get more diapers per dollar.

Also, if you ever plan on sleeping in a diaper, don't start with thick!! it will take a lot longer to get used to the bulk... Start thin and work your way up, it usually takes 2-3 weeks in a diaper to get used to it.

DLBoy101

Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
I'd actually recommend not going with a crazy thick abdl diaper at first. I remember the first diaper I put on I was so excited I was shaking and messed up the tapes. It wasn't until I was halfway through the bag a few days later until I was able to be calm enough to wear and actually use them.

Assuming your first time is something like mine was, I'd recommend you get a bag of abena M4 or L4 from amazon (if it's prime, it'll come in a plain amazon prime box) first. They're cheap enough you can mess up a tape and not feel bad about it, and generally should be able to hold a wetting or two without leaking. Once you have a feel for how they should fit and how to put them on, go for some of the premium abdl diapers like rearz or abu or tykables.
That's a good point, I hadn't really considered the whole getting used to them aspect that much. I might start with something like Abenas in that case then. Thanks for the help ☺

DLBoy101

Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
If it were me, I would try a thinner diaper first if you don't plan on being in it for very long. I am one of those people who hates to waste a diaper... so if your in a thick one, you will want to have drank a LOT of water first to be able to use it fully!!

I'd pick a package of cheap ones like Tranquility ATN's or even any of the NorthShore (-MegaMax) they are great and inexpensive compared to a Rearz, ABU, or Crinklz, plus you get more diapers per dollar.

Also, if you ever plan on sleeping in a diaper, don't start with thick!! it will take a lot longer to get used to the bulk... Start thin and work your way up, it usually takes 2-3 weeks in a diaper to get used to it.
Thanks for the help. I might start with something thinner in that case, and I'm nothing if not a penny pincher 😂 I'll check out Tranquility and Northshore. Cheers 😁

DLBoy101

Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
Definitely go with Plastic Backed for your first!! That is a must!!
I'll bear that in mind. Forgive the noob level here but how come I'd need plastic backed? Not 100% sure of the terminology or differences yet sorry 🤭 also where would you recommend getting Tranquility or Northshores from? They don't seem to be on nappies r us

Thanks for the help and please forgive the silly questions if there is any 😂🤭

dltyty

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Little
Oh, you are in Europe aren't you, just go on ABDL Factory, they have Tranquility, and NorthShore is the company that makes and sells them, just google Northshore, just not sure they are shipping to Europe quite yet...

I just looked at the site, Id go with either Tena PE Backed, or Betterdry as a first if you are set on this site, build up from there.

And Plastic backed means a none cloth faced diaper, like the ones a lot of us DL's remember as a baby. Rearz, Crinklz, ABU, Tranquility, Tykables, those are mostly Plastic backed with some exceptions. Just look to see if its cloth faced or plastic before you buy.

As a DL I prefer a crinkle to my diaper, unless I am trying to be discreet.

DLBoy101

Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
Oh, you are in Europe aren't you, just go on ABDL Factory, they have Tranquility, and NorthShore is the company that makes and sells them, just google Northshore, just not sure they are shipping to Europe quite yet...

I just looked at the site, Id go with either Tena PE Backed, or Betterdry as a first if you are set on this site, build up from there.

And Plastic backed means a none cloth faced diaper, like the ones a lot of us DL's remember as a baby. Rearz, Crinklz, ABU, Tranquility, Tykables, those are mostly Plastic backed with some exceptions. Just look to see if its cloth faced or plastic before you buy.

As a DL I prefer a crinkle to my diaper, unless I am trying to be discreet.
Yeah, I'm UK, I'll check out ABDL Factory, and the ones on Nappies r us. I definitely want the sort that you're describing there with the plastic 😍 thanks for the heads up

Killerpanda3

no, I don't smell anything *blushes*
Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Little, Carer, Other
It depends how much you're willing to spend tbh