Firefighters, EMT's, and LEO's Come In

Status
Not open for further replies.

briefboy

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
After the EMT vs. Cop thread it got me thinking, how many members here are firefighters, EMT's or cops? I just thought it would be an interesting topic, I myself am currently going to school to become a firefighter/paramedic, and will be doing the final part of my EMT-B test next month.

Fire2box

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
I wouldn't mind being a firefighter but I know it's not really for me. I also don't want to be a cop or EMT at all, those job's suck even more then firefighters I think and actually are more risky I bet.

That said I wouldn't mind stopping a robbery as a regular citizen, and yeah that's risky, but it's the right thing to do and normal average people need to get some balls. I am not saying they don't have them, it's just that we don't use them all that much and we forgot about em. I don't want to rely on the cops for everything. If I can take someone down and unleash some pent up rage in the process then call the cops, that's fine by me.

FluffyFluffers

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Babyfur
  2. Sissy
Going to start going to classes to become an EMT-B this year or next(I can take it at my high school as a class.((Two birds with one stone.)) and then take the state's test to get certified and after that I'm going to go to collage for my EMT- Intermediate certification. I'm hoping to be able to work with my cities paramedics!

Gameslay3r

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Babyfur
i am currently a Volunteer firefighter have been for going on 6 years now. i love it. Later this year i plan on takeing my EMT-B and eventally my EMT-P so that i can become a paramedic. Cause i think that would be fun..

steel

Est. Contributor
emergency medical technician(EMT) or better known as Ambulance driver.

closet dl

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I was an EMT-B at one time. Now I am a nurse, most recently working in the ER.

ajsco

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Private
I'm currently doing training for the RNLI (royal national lifeboat institution) if that counts?

skinnypuppy

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I had EMT cert for 6 years but haven't renewed. Time issues and now a lack of resolve have kept me from doing it. I still drive when needed, but not tech.

thedlguy

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Other
emergency medical technician(EMT) or better known as Ambulance driver.

Emergency Medical Technician. NOT a driver. I've been an EMT for 11 years and really enjoy it. I hate when we get the rap of be "Just an Ambulance Driver". I'm also a cop, so when I posted to the other forum referencing the two, I had to walk a fine line lol.

Briefboy, you will like it. The fire fighting is not for me, but thats cause I have no desire to wake up at 2am in the winter to fight a house fire. My heart goes out to those that do :worshippy:

briefboy

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
Emergency Medical Technician. NOT a driver. I've been an EMT for 11 years and really enjoy it. I hate when we get the rap of be "Just an Ambulance Driver". I'm also a cop, so when I posted to the other forum referencing the two, I had to walk a fine line lol.

Briefboy, you will like it. The fire fighting is not for me, but thats cause I have no desire to wake up at 2am in the winter to fight a house fire. My heart goes out to those that do :worshippy:

I certainly hope so, I'm VERY excited. Haha, I guess I must be crazy because getting up at 2am in the middle of winter to fight a house fire sounds like fun to me. :D During the ridealongs I've done so far for my certification I've really enjoyed it, nothing like driving code 3 to a code to get your heart racing lol.

bdb2004

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Other
Emergency Medical Technicians and Paramedics

Learn something.EMT's do A LOT more then drive the Truck.

Unless its an EMT-B driving an MICU (Mobile ICU) with two medics and a med student in which case they aren't doing much but driving and associated tasks ;)

But of course what everyone said is right EMT's are amazing, do a great job, and are generally responsible for the outstanding prehospital care that is given to patients.

And to kinda stay on topic, I was never an EMT, but I am interested in EMS, and eventually (a couple more years of med school, 3-4 in an EM residency, and then probably a 2 year EMS fellowship) hoping to be an EMS Medical Director...

anned

Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
I am a ex vol firefighter/EMT and have been since 1975.

Ended up with sarcoidosis and a heart attack and had to quit.

Most of my work as a EMT was as a industrial EMT on construction and mining sites.

For this i got a company truck to use and $2 dollars a hour on top of my electricians or miners pay.
plus i volunteered at the local fire department if it was a vol fire department.

Some day when i don't have to take care of my father i plan to get a motor-home and the last town i was a firefighter in i can stay there in the summers for free just by parking next to the fire house and taking care of things that need cared for around the fire house a couple hours a day.

Status
Not open for further replies.