Finishing Last (Remake)

JoNathan3

Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
Well Guys I decided to remake this story that I posted a few months ago.

I learned that first person story's can sound very redundant leading to a staler reader experience, so I am going to morph the story into third person limited.

Next I realized the start of my story created many limitations in progressing my story line, and will have to completely revamp my introduction in order to progress in the direction I want to take the story.

Where as I have never written more then a few chapters of fictional content, the story I want to tell will need to be very well written, and as of such please do not hesitate to correct me at any point.

I was inspired by the community author Kerry to give something truly remarkable to the community as I have the ability and the skill set to do so.

Try to bare with me as this Journey may have a rough start and another rewrite may be necessary, but in the end, I promise all my readers, this story will not disappoint.

Suggestions about techniques and better ways to present certain scenarios in my plot are much appreciated, as I am only as good as my critiques.

May the fun begin.

My basic outline consist of 50 chapters but this is subject to change as the story progresses.

Thank you for your time :D

JoNathan3

Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
(Prologue Part I of III)

"Please turn in your exam." said the Announcer as he walked around the exam center.

Ira Elinore gasped as she realized that she mistakenly filled in the wrong section on her key sheet. She spaced out looking up at the analog clock attempting to determine how much time she had left. She felt her face get warmer as she frantically tried to determine what minute the minute hand was on. She gave up and quickly started filling in the bubbles on the other side of the page.

"Why was there even an F section" She angrily thought to herself.

She could hear footsteps approaching her as she hurriedly attempted to transfer the answers to the right location.

"Please drop your pencils and turn in your exam," another announcer said close behind her.

The announcer approached her table and pulled the paper out from under her pencil.

"Please 1 more minute," she begged
"I accidentally filled in the wrong section" Ira explained.

The announcer clearly felt Ira's pain and hesitated for a second before saying "I am sorry, I can not."

The other announcer, considerably older, walked up to him, "Another late test?" he said.

"I believe she was finished, but mistakenly filled in the wrong section." He said pointing towards to key sheet.

"Happens every year." The older man sighed with a defeated look.

"Don't place it in the late pile, we will let it slide."The older man said.

He looked towards Ira.

"I am sorry hun, this is the least I can do." he explained.

"I understand, thank you," Ira said, glad that her test wasn't discarded.

She grabbed her calculator as she stood up to leave the room, frustrated with herself. She exited the building, showing her ID to the woman at the entrance of the exam center, who activated the door to let her continue on her way out. Scanning the parking before walking towards an average looking gray sedan. Where she found her mom was waiting for her in the car.

She got in the backseat, not wanting to talk about the test. Her frustration boiled as she accidentally closed the door harder than intended.

"Sorry." she muttered before her mom could say anything about it.

Her mom, Casandra Elinore, was a teacher at a local high school and dressed to fit the part. She had solid straight black hair, unlike Ira who shared the dirty blond hair of her father. The only thing Ira considered to share with her mom was her average height and petite waist size.

-I forgot how hard it was to properly develop characters in a story without information overloading.. I will have to continue this later-

Thank you for reading.

Last edited:

kerry

ADISC Stories Mod
Staff
Role
Little, Incontinent
You're doing fine. Keep it up. As long as you dole out info only as required by the narrative, you'll be great.

JoNathan3

Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
(Prologue Part II of III)

Ira watched as her mom turned around in the seat, she didn't want to talk about the test but was already anticipating the question to come.

"Do you want to tell me about the test?" Casandra asked.

"Not really" Ira mumbled looking down.

A moment later she felt the car start and heard the soft purr of the engine as the car begin to accelerate out of the parking lot.

The car ride home was uneventful and every passing moment increased the urge Ira felt to scream.

"This is so stupid to be upset about." she told herself

"I am stupid, I can't believe I did that, I can't believe how upset I am, why am I like this?" her thought process continued in an endless circle.

Her mom was saying something outside the car, but Ira's mental trance occupied all of her cognitive abilities.

"Ira, are you getting out?" her mom asked louder breaking her trance.

Ira flinched back to reality, startled by the loud voice of her mom.

She didn't say anything as she pushed open the door, it was bad enough she wasn't able to finish each section, but on the last section, she didn't even finish filling in the key. There was nothing she wanted more than to go back in time and completely finish the test.

"Will you make sure everything is clean for your company?" Casandra asked

"Yes mam," Ira said quickly not wanting to give her mother a chance to start anymore conversation

Her friends idoloized her mom and because of that Ira's house was choosen for the Exam Party. Today was the last day of testing, and all the results would be posted before the end of the night. Ira knew her friends looked up to her and was afraid of what they would think if she didn't do well on exams.

She wasn't having much success preparing for her guest. Ira's mind wouldnt stop racing, as she attempted to tighty things up around the house.

She could smell her mother cooking bratts in the kitchen. Ira felt a little better already as the smell of her favorite finger food spread throughout the house.

Time passed quickly as she rummaged around the living room moving pellows and dusting off photos. Though it had been nearly an hour, she felt as though just as quickly as she started her guest had arrived.

She heard the doorbell, and quickly made her way to the door to welcome her guest. She eagerly opened the door with a completely different mood then just an hour ago.

Smiling she said " Thanks for coming!" to the crotch of father's trousers.

She looked up at her nearly 8 foot tall dad, and loudly said " Your not Ally, Nikki, or Shelly!" then went in for a hug.

He looked down at her, and said " and your not Ira Elinore!" with a smile.

The truth was, she wasn't, and her mom's name was not Casandra, and her dad's name wasnt Bill.

She didn't know what her parent's or her own name for safety reasons.

Last year her father and mother explained to her that her Dad wasn't actually a salesman, and that he worked for the government. They didn't really tell her anything else, besides the fact that his name use to be something else. Bill didn't want to worry his wife and child, but he knew that if something was to happen and they were to get involved that the confusion could blow his cover putting their lifes at risk.

"I missed you" Ira said letting go looking up her monsterous sized father.

"I missed you too" he said handing her a suitcase, then leaned down and gave her a kiss on the head.

She knew just what to do with the suitcase, she had many just like it. She was told not to open them unless she had to, and her parents trusted her enough to know when to open them.

She quickly ran up stairs to her closet, and then inside of a large wardrobe armoire, behind her skirts and dressed at the back there was a stack of suitcases, and she placed the one her dad handed her on top of the stack, wondering what they had inside.

Another ring at the dorbell brought her back to reality. She shut the door of the armoire, then her closest, and rushed back down the stairs.

She wasn't very atheletic and was out of breath by time she made it back to the door. She quickly opened the door with a smile to welcome her friend.

Nikki! she shouted, happy to see her friend.

Nikki was a little shorter then her friend Ira, and had no hair, with a gorgously dark skin tone and lope ear rings that made her look like a moddle in her short skirt and tank top.

"Ira!" she said quiter then her friend in response.

"Who is all here?" she asked her voice still not much louder then a whisper.

Ira had to repeat what she said in her head once to make sure she heard her then responded " You are the first to arrive!"

"Winner winner number 1" Nikki chuckled walking towards the blue leather soffa in the living room to take a seat. She had been at Ira's house many times and didn't need to be told to make her self at home.

She set down her sleeping bag, pellow, and suitcase next to the couch and went for the remote.

Ira sat down next to her not wanting to talk about the test, but not wanting their to be an aqward silence as Nikki surfed through channel after channel.

Then the door bell range again, and again, and again.

"Ally!" Ira said alowed knowing her friend's personalities well enough to deduce who was at the door.

She quickly stood up and rushed to the door, saying her friends name long and drawn out as she did so. "Alllllllllyyyyyyyyyyyyy"

"Wrong!" said Shelly as she ran into the house pass Ira.

Ira was amazed, she would of never guessed Shelly to spam the doorbell like that. Ira stood at the door stunned for a moment before she realized she was cooling the rest of the world.

She shut the door
"My ba-" Ding! Ding! Ding! the dorbell rang over and over interupting her.

She opened the door quickly to find Ally standing on the other side with a big grin and brounet pony tails.

--edit, looks like I am going to need one more section to finish this--

Sorry about the grammer issues, my gramerly app decided it hated me and stopped working about 2 sentinces in. I will attempt to spell check it and what not when I submit the final section of the prologue.

kerry

ADISC Stories Mod
Staff
Role
Little, Incontinent
All things considered, you're doing pretty well. The story is intriguing. Love the suitcases. Yes, there are some errors though...

JoNathan3

Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
Sadly because I cannot edit my previous post, this is a double post with a few error fixes of the post above, I don't save these on my hard drive so I always have to upload them, that being said, please excuse the double post as I begin to start the third and final section of the prologue

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

(Prologue Part II of III)

Ira watched as her mom turned around in the seat, she didn't want to talk about the test but was already anticipating the question to come.

"Do you want to tell me about the test?" Casandra asked.

"Not really" Ira mumbled looking down.

A moment later she felt the car start and heard the soft purr of the engine as the car begin to accelerate out of the parking lot.

The car ride home was uneventful and every passing moment increased the urge Ira felt to scream.

"This is so stupid to be upset about." she told herself

"I am stupid, I can't believe I did that, I can't believe how upset I am, why am I like this?" her thought process continued in an endless circle.

Her mom was saying something outside the car, but Ira's mental trance occupied all of her cognitive abilities.

"Ira, are you getting out?" her mom asked louder breaking her trance.

Ira flinched back to reality, startled by the loud voice of her mom.

She didn't say anything as she pushed open the door, it was bad enough she wasn't able to finish each section, but on the last section, she didn't even finish filling in the key. There was nothing she wanted more than to go back in time and completely finish the test.

"Will you make sure everything is clean for your company?" Casandra asked

"Yes mam," Ira said quickly not wanting to give her mother a chance to start anymore conversation

Her friends idolized her mom and because of that Ira's house was chosen for the Exam Party. Today was the last day of testing, and all the results would be posted before the end of the night. Ira knew her friends looked up to her and was afraid of what they would think if she didn't do well on exams.

She wasn't having much success preparing for her guest. Ira's mind wouldn't stop racing, as she attempted to tightly things up around the house.

She could smell her mother cooking brats in the kitchen. Ira felt a little better already as the smell of her favorite finger food spread throughout the house.

Time passed quickly as she rummaged around the living room moving pillows and dusting off photos. Though it had been nearly an hour, she felt as though just as quickly as she started her guest had arrived.

She heard the doorbell and quickly made her way to the door to welcome her guest. She eagerly opened the door with a completely different mood then just an hour ago.

Smiling she said " Thanks for coming!" to the crotch of father's trousers.

She looked up at her nearly 8-foot tall dad, and loudly said " Your not Ally, Nikki, or Shelly!" then went in for a hug.

He looked down at her and said " and your not Ira Elinore!" with a smile.

The truth was, she wasn't, and her mom's name was not Casandra, and her dad's name wasn't Bill.

She didn't know what her parent's or her own name for safety reasons.

Last year her father and mother explained to her that her Dad wasn't actually a salesman and that he worked for the government. They didn't really tell her anything else, besides the fact that his name uses to be something else. Bill didn't want to worry his wife and child, but he knew that if something was to happen and they were to get involved that the confusion could blow his cover putting their lives at risk.

"I missed you," Ira said letting go looking up her monstrous sized father.

"I missed you too," he said handing her a suitcase, then leaned down and gave her a kiss on the head.

She knew just what to do with the suitcase, she had many just like it. She was told not to open them unless she had to, and her parents trusted her enough to know when to open them.

She quickly ran upstairs to her closet, and then inside of a large wardrobe armoire, behind her skirts and dressed at the back there was a stack of suitcases, and she placed the one her dad handed her on top of the stack, wondering what they had inside.

Another ring at the doorbell brought her back to reality. She shut the door of the armoire, then her closest, and rushed back down the stairs.

She wasn't very athletic and was out of breath by the time she made it back to the door. She quickly opened the door with a smile to welcome her friend.

Nikki! she shouted, happy to see her friend.

Nikki was a little shorter than her friend Ira, and had no hair, with a gorgeously dark skin tone and loop earrings that made her look like a model in her short skirt and tank top.

"Ira!" she said quieter than her friend in response.

"Who is all here?" she asked her voice still not much louder than a whisper.

Ira had to repeat what she said in her head once to make sure she heard her then responded: " You are the first to arrive!"

"Winner winner number 1" Nikki chuckled walking towards the blue leather sofa in the living room to take a seat. She had been at Ira's house many times and didn't need to be told to make herself at home.

She set down her sleeping bag, pillow, and suitcase next to the couch and went for the remote.

Ira sat down next to her not wanting to talk about the test, but not wanting there to be an awkward silence as Nikki surfed through channel after channel.

Then the door bell rung again, and again, and again.

"Ally!" Ira said allowed knowing her friend's personalities well enough to deduce who was at the door.

She quickly stood up and rushed to the door, saying her friend's name long and drawn out as she did so. "Alllllllllyyyyyyyyyyyyy"

"Wrong!" said Shelly as she ran into the house.

Ira was amazed, she would have never guessed Shelly to spam the doorbell like that. Ira stood at the door stunned for a moment before she realized she was cooling the rest of the world.

She shut the door
"My ba-" Ding! Ding! Ding! the doorbell rung over and over interrupting her.

She opened the door quickly to find Ally standing on the other side with a big grin and brought ponytails.

JoNathan3

Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
(Prologue Part III of III)

The evening progressed slowly as the girls anxiously awaited the test scores to be posted online.

Ira was worried that her laptop would need a new refresh key if the test results were not posted soon.

Cartoons on the television became more irrelevant with every passing minute. Bill noticed the situation from the kitchen and made his way to the living room.

Though he gave no real effort in being unnoticed, not one head looked up as he entered the room.

Bill couldn't help but smile as he observed how focused each girl had become on the screen of the laptop.

A moment later Ally looked up realizing there was no longer any sound in the living room. Startled she let out a small squeak accidentally kicking the end table that the laptop was on as she slightly jumped up off the couch. Ira and Shelly turned towards Ally, now both slightly startled by their friend's action. Ira noticed her laptop was quickly sliding away from them towards the other side of the table.

"Woah!!" Ira shouted.

She reached across the table but to no avail as the laptop crashed onto the floor, the screen turning itself off as it did so.

There was a small silence, in which the other two girls noticed that the television had been muted.

"When did that happen," shelly asked, with her gaze now fixed on the muted television.

"About 5 minutes ago," Bill said from behind the sofa.

His voice cracked in such a way that it could sometimes make a person jump even if they knew he was there. Needless to say that when you don't know he is there it is nearly impossible to not get startled when you hear him speak.

Shelly jumped nearly a foot off the couch, making a hic-up like sound trying not to scream. Ira was startled a little bit by her dad, but after regaining her composer couldn't help but giggle at the noise her friend had just made.

"What was that!" Ally prodded playfully at Shelly.

"I don't know," she said as her face became blush red in from embarrassment.

Meanwhile, Ira had grabbed her laptop and rebooted it hoping that it wasn't damaged.

Ally noticed, immediately apologizing: "I am really sorry about that."

Ira was a little frustrated, but not at anybody, she just didn't know how many more times her laptop could handle that fall.

Once again a silence fell on the room as the girls watched Ira navigate back to the exam website. The silence was extended as the page took considerably longer to load.

"Try reloading the page again" shelly suggested.

Ira thought that was a good idea, but wanted to wait just a few more seconds before doing so.

"Okay okay," she said buying herself time, but the page was still white.

She pressed f5.

Almost instantly the page appeared, this time two columns filled with numbers, extending down as many rows as the mouse could scroll.

Ira knew how to work the Find feature on her laptop and quickly brought up a little box to type in her test ID.

Ira started typing her number in, but not wanting to be the first person, she pretended like she forgot her number.

"I wrote it down so many times this week and I can't even remember the rest of it" she stalled.

Shelly eagerly took the laptop from Ira while saying:
"Let me do mine while you think about yours"

Shelly stopped for a moment, she didn't look upset, but she wasn't really excited.

"That's awesome!" Nikki said quietly but in a voice that was pretty loud coming from her.

"I hope I did that well," she said grabbing the laptop from Shelly and typing in her code. Shelly smiled filling better about her score.

Nikki smiled and blushed a little as she looked at the screen.

She backspaced her code out handing it back to me before anyone had a chance to see what she made.

Ira knew what this meant, everyone did. Nikki didn't like to make others fill inferior, and would many times just not tell others how she did academically. Ira wished she was as smart, and as pretty as Nikki many times, everyone did.

No one said anything for a moment.
Shelly broke the silence by hugging Nikki and congratulating her.

Nikki smiled not knowing what to say.

"Well come on" Ally prodded
"No you guys will make fun of me," Nikki said quietly.

"No way!" Shelly said standing up quickly
"Seeeee," Nikki said, in reference to Shelly's action.

"I am not making fun of you, that is amazing, like really amazing, you should be proud of that!" she proclaimed loudly.

"Now now, calm down," Bill said still standing behind the couch monitoring the situation.
"After all it is passed all of our bedtimes and we have neighbors trying to sleep" he continued.

Ira felt even more embarrassed about her possible score, knowing now that Nikki had scored number 1 in the class.

Ira awkwardly handed the laptop to Ally
"Company first," she said trying her best to sound modest.

Ally slowly put in her exam code. Nearly throwing the laptop as she yelped again trying to not scream when she saw her score.

"I did it, I am in!" she exclaimed, completely exhilarated.

Ira didn't want to let her friend's down, but most of all she didn't want to let her mom down. She knew she needed at least a 1200/2000 to even have a shot at getting in, and 1250 for a guaranteed entrance to the school her mom worked at.

Everyone looked at Ira, waiting for her to type in her code. Ira typed in 2 letters and froze trying to type in her exam key. Her friends, her dad, everyone she knew and love would think she was an idiot. The pressure built up, she could hear that noise again. She didn't know how to describe it, but it felt like static and she couldn't bring herself to type anymore.

"Ira, are you okay!?" Shelly asked bringing her friend back to reality.

Ira thought she felt the urge to use the bathroom, but felt her legs becoming wet and warm, her mind went blank, she couldn't think of how to stop it, or what was happening, all she knew was that she was peeing.

Ira started crying, " I failed, I know I failed" she said placing her hed on the desk.
Ira didn't even know what to think of her pants, all she could think about was her test score, nothing else mattered, she was a failure, a nobody.

Bill quickly rushed around the couch gently grabbing his daughter's hand. He had never seen her like this before in his life.

Ira felt her dad grab her hand and pull her tight, all she could do was cry more. She wanted it to stop but couldn't, every time she thought about the test she just cried harder and harder.

She felt her friends hands on her as they all embraced her, she was covered in pee, but they didn't care. She couldn't stop crying but felt loved. Ira wanted to impress her friends, the closer they got the more of a failure Ira felt, she didn't know what to do, she wanted to stop crying, but she couldn't the harder she tried the harder it got to breathe.

"I can't breathe" Ira tried to speak but nothing came out,

Bill felt her gasp harder, he knew what was happening,
"It's okay darling, it's going to be okay," he said over and over

Ira could hear her dad's voice, she was still crying, she felt safe in her dad's arms. Then just as quickly as she started crying, she felt everything become heavier and heavier.

----------------------------

Well that is the end of the prologue, I hoped everyone enjoyed, can't wait to start chapter 1 :D

kerry

ADISC Stories Mod
Staff
Role
Little, Incontinent
Looking fwd to Ch 1 as well. Weird though that we get past that space without knowing MC's scores...

JoNathan3

Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
Chapter 1.
The safe distraction.

Startled awake by a loud noise, Ira quickly sat up.

Ally also awakened by the noise was now looking towards Ira for answers.

Ira’s mind raced as she tried to make sense out of her foggy memory. The loud noise demanded consciousness but all she could think about was what happened prior to waking up. She wanted it all to be a dream and began to look around for proof that it was indeed a dream.

The sounded of shattering glass rang throughout the house.

The noise once again demanding Ira to be in the present. Ira noticed that both Nikki and Shelly where now sitting up.

“What was that?” Ally hissed at Ira.

Before Ira could come up with a response, the girls heard Casandra quickly enter the room. All eyes where on Casandra as she approached the girls, everyone wanted to know it was going to be alright, that it was a bird, a rat, anything.

“Grab your sleeping bags and go to Ira’s room” Casandra whispered just loud enough for all the girls to hear.

Shelly was the only one to start making her way out of her sleeping bag. The rest of the girls where still in shock and sat motionless.

“Hurry!” Casandra whispered a little louder, as she grabbed the end of Ally’s sleeping bag to helper her out of it quickly. Shelly already out of her sleeping bag, did the same for Ira and Nikki at the same time. The girls quickly made their way up the stairs and towards Ira’s bedroom. When they started down the hallway Casandra stopped Ira and hugged her tightly.

“We love you more than anything in the world” she whispered into Ira’s ear.

Ira suddenly hit by the reality of what was going on began to cry.

“Mom, no”
“You Can’t” …
“Please don’t leave me” Ira stuttered as tears flowed down her face.

“I can’t, I am so sorry” She said trying to hold back tears.

As she gently pushed Ira into the hallway, she whispered “No matter what we will always love you.”
Then before Ira could respond the Stair case began rotating and moving away from her.

It got harder and harder to hear as the rotation completed and the wall moved back towards her into its place.
“I know your there!” Bill yelled.
“Drop the gun Bill” Ira heard a familiar voice say.

There were no more sounds, and Ira stood their stunned looking at the wall that use to be part of a stair case. Ira felt a hand on her shoulder, as Shelly gently ushered her towards her room. Shutting the door behind her the room suddenly felt like an elevator, followed by the feeling of the room spinning. The elevator ride ended quickly and silently, after what felt like a 180-degree rotation leaving all the girls on the floor after losing their balance.

Ira noticed that the clock on wall read 2 AM and reminded herself that only a couple hours had passed since they posted the test results. Instantly she remembered what happened, and felt a mix of emotions of embarrassment, and panic all at the same time.

“What’s going on?” Nikki asked quietly.

“Hello, anyone home?” Nikki asked touching Ira’s shoulder.

“Oh my gosh, I am sorry I phased out” Ira said

Ira continued to explain to the best of her ability all that she knew about her dad, and about why her room was the way that it was.

“I had no idea my room could do this” she finished.

“I always wondered why your room was so small” Ally said trying to be a little playful implying that she knew the answer with her voice.

“Why’s that?” Ira asked.
“So, they could hide you, duh!” Nikki Interrupted not as playful as Ally ruining the moment.
What followed was an awkward silence as the girls watched the second hand take laps around the clock.

A loud crashed shook the room.

“I told you they were hiding something!” A voice exclaimed.
“How did you know?” The voice responded in amazement.
“I’ve built a lot of stair cases in my day, and this one was way to long for just 2 floors” He boasted
“Looks like you found an empty hall way” The second voice responded.
“Idiot, there is clearly something hidden here” The first voice said as the wall began to shake from being hit.
“You hear that, it is hallow! Go get me a stool and we will bust this wall down” he shouted.

The girls frozen in fear looked at each other not knowing what to do.

“Jason! Come back, I found the switch!” the voice yelled.

A very loud engine started up and some other noises on the other side of the wall.

“Woah, would you look at that, it was hiding a safe!” Jason yelled.

Another layer removed between the girls and the burglars made it possible to hear the men walk up and down the hall way. There was a moment of silence and the sound of the twisting and turning of a knob and the vibrations of the wall as the safe was obviously shaken.

“Go get Bill, we will make him open it for us!” Jason said.
“You go get Bill, I found the safe” The voice responded.
“Shit, police!” Jason said as sirens begin to get louder and louder approaching from the distance.
“Hurry and get Bill!” the voice said more impatiently.

Then the familiar voice that Ira heard before the stair case closed as a wall spoke,
“Light the fire and let’s go boys!” he shouted.
“Yes boss” Jason shouted, leaving the hall way.
“Fuck it” The other guy said, still trying to get into the safe.

-BANG-

The gun shot rang throughout the house.
The man let out an exasperated breath.

The girls could hear a lighter set of footsteps approach the hallway.

“Are you braindead?” The familiar voice said.
“Start the fire now!” He commanded, and the footsteps made their way up the staircase.

“Yes boss!” The first voice said, this time leaving the hallway.

There was a loud crash as more glass broke above them, and then there was nothing but sirens.
The sirens got louder and louder, but they never heard anyone else enter the building.

A few minutes passed.

“Where are the fire trucks??” Shelly asked, as none of the approaching sirens had been a fire truck.

“Something isn’t right” Ally said.
"Yeah, I think we should avoid the cops too for now" Ira decided.
“It starting to smell like smoke in here, we need to find a way out” Nikki said.

“The door!” Ally said
“Maybe it will rotate again if we open it!” Ally continued.
“Great idea!” Shelly said getting up off the floor and opening the door.

The room didn’t start to rotate.
Instead it revealed a metal pole, and what was clearly a shoot to evacuate the building.

“Well I guess that works” Nikki said looking down the shoot.

“Let’s go!” Nikki said grabbing the pole.

Ira got up to leave when she suddenly remembered the suit cases. Ira ran into her closet and opened the armoire and started to grab the suit cases.
“Ira, come on we don’t have time to grab clothes, the house is on fire!” Shelly said running in the closet behind her.

Ira turned around and looked at Shelly, “Please grab one, my dad left me these, maybe they will tell us something.”

“Okay, just hurry” Shelly said grabbing a suit case from Ira.
Ira handed her another
“I can’t carry 2 down the shoot “she said turning around to leave
“Just bring one out for Ally” Ira pleaded almost crying.
Shelly turned around and quickly grabbed another and left the closet with Ira close behind her each with 2 suitcases.

Shelly coughed as they re entered the room, now filled with smoke. The other girls where anxiously waiting for them, and clearly upset that Ira went back for suitcases. With no time to explain Ira shoved a suit case in Nikki’s arms and begged her to take one down.

Nikki clutched the pole with both hands and hugged the suit case with her arms. She took a deep breath and swung her feet against the wall and slowly started her way down the shoot. The other girls followed down the shoot quickly making their way to what seemed like the basement of the house.

There was a small drop off at the bottom as the hole had been hidden by a ceiling tile, but floor was carpeted, and the fall wasn’t too bad.

“This way” Ira said now familiar with her own house’s basement, she led the girls to a stair case that lead up above ground.
“This will go out behind our house so no one can see us” Ira stated

“Stop!” Nikki shouted as Ira went to open the door, she continued to inform the girls of the situation.
“We have to all rush out, when you open that door fresh air is going to rush in, and this basement may instantly engulf, so be prepared to stop drop and roll”
“Everyone get ready to run out!” Ira commanded
The girls lined up at the base of the stairs, Nikki, Shelly, Ally, then Ira last.
“Everyone ready?” Nikki asked?
The girls nodded.

A sudden gush of air entered the room as Nikki pushed the door open. Ira felt her ears pop and heard a howling noise from behind her as she rushed up the stairs. Her body was pumping so much adrenaline that she didn’t even realize here pajama legs had caught on fire as she ran out of the building.

“Ira stop, drop, and roll!” Nikki shouted, as she also ran up and pushed her over.

Ira’s mind took over and did just as Nikki told her to, never even seeing the fire herself, but when she got done rolling it was evident by the smell of the burnt clothing.

She felt proud of herself about how quickly she decided to roll down the hill behind her house. Strategically rolling and getting away from the house at the same time. The down side was that she was now super dizzy. The suitcase bruised her arms up a little on the way down the hill as she didn’t even think about letting go of it or sliding it down the hill first.

Nikki Helped Ira up, and the girls quickly rushed behind the tree grove that separated the park from the surrounding neighborhood. Once passed the tree grove the girls finally slowed down and begin to walk.

“I am sorry for pushing you over, my body just kind of acted on its own” Nikki said
“It’s okay” Ira responded.
“Now what?” Ally asked.
“We can go to my house” Shelly Volunteered.
“Okay” Ira said, and the other two girls shook their head in agreement.

Half way there the girls saw a fire truck pass them with the sirens on.

No one said anything but it was obvious that the fire trucks where way to late, and all the girls where smart enough to understand that something fishy was going on. The sun was beginning to peek over the horizon as the arrived at Shelly’s creating a beautiful sunrise above them.

“Everyone put your suitcase in the tree house” Ira instructed as they entered the yard.
“What are you going to do?” Shelly asked?
“I don’t know, but I need to sleep, and I don’t want anyone else to know about these” Ira responded.

Nikki quickly slid the suitcase in the tree house and headed back towards the house.

“You can use my tree house as a hideout if you want to” Shelly said
“That would be awesome” Ira responded

It had been a long night, and Nikki was way too tired to stand around and talk. While Shelly and Ira discussed the future hideout, Nikki proceeded to cross the yard and ring the doorbell. Ally was right behind her, and the other two followed hearing the doorbell go off.

Last edited: