Finished a life goal of building a crib.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great!

I had a crib long ago...but lost it and nearly everything I owned in a house fire...

But awhile back I built a new one, built mine like a hospital crib out of aluminum with top and lockable...Still want to give it a fancy paint job...but using it and it's winter...like do each spindle a different color...

I'm horrible at woodwork! So for me metal is easier...

Your crib however will give you lots of fun...think of the amount of time you'll spend in it!

I myself wouldn't paint it at all...just some clear, maybe a light stain...all my house is oak floors and railings light stain, and all the trim doors and cabinets are hard maple just cleared...wood is nice and warm

Great Job!

Beautiful crib. I want one.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

its beautiful are you in the wood trades

Oh my gosh that's amazing!

I've been really obsessed about The Lion King and The Lion Guard recently so this crib is just so many levels of cool

not my scene, but loving your work :worshippy:

and, with it being wooden, i was going to make a wry comment about using authentic lead-paint, but that may be just me missing the taste of it :biggrin:
i'll have to me another chinese harmonica :cool:

btw, what were the costs involved? i remember that at my local DIY store things like balustrades were strangely cheap, for wood that'd been cut, turned and sanded.

That is so incredibly awesome! Congrats and enjoy it! Someday, if I ever live in a house instead of a teeny tiny apartment, I'd love to build a crib too.

ade said:

Same here, but that's totally awesome!

ade said:
and, with it being wooden, i was going to make a wry comment about using authentic lead-paint, but that may be just me missing the taste of it :biggrin:

Ha ha -- I love your sense of humour!

Bigbabybret said:
Great!

I had a crib long ago...but lost it and nearly everything I owned in a house fire...

But awhile back I built a new one, built mine like a hospital crib out of aluminum with top and lockable...Still want to give it a fancy paint job...but using it and it's winter...like do each spindle a different color...

I'm horrible at woodwork! So for me metal is easier...

Your crib however will give you lots of fun...think of the amount of time you'll spend in it!

I myself wouldn't paint it at all...just some clear, maybe a light stain...all my house is oak floors and railings light stain, and all the trim doors and cabinets are hard maple just cleared...wood is nice and warm

Great Job!

Yeah, I will spend a lot of time in it, at least if I can get myself to sleep like i should :p

Yeah, a stain might be the best choice to make, I'll see. I'm gonna have to sand off some of the printing that was done by the supply companies if I do, but no biggie I guess.

- - - Updated - - -

ade said:

i'll have to me another chinese harmonica :cool:

btw, what were the costs involved? i remember that at my local DIY store things like balustrades were strangely cheap, for wood that'd been cut, turned and sanded.

This is what I posted about costs on my reddit post about this. I kinda estimated.

I didn't do a great job keeping track of the cost but the wooden dowel poles were the most expensive. It was about 2.70 each or so and each made up for two slots. I think it had 29 holes on both long sides and I forgot how many on the short ends. Each dowel filled 2 holes. I probably bought around 45 of them, so 121$ on poles. The rest of the wood was probably 30-40$. I also had to get a new set of batteries for my tools $100, and then a box of screws, $15.
Oh, and then I bought two more sets of crib bumpers (already had 2), which were about 60 each.

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks. No, actually I do programming, but I guess my dad has always been good at wood work, and I did take a wood shop class.

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks everybody for the compliments :)

Awesome! Looks like you really did a good job with it. =)

Looks Great :):thumbsup:

yep, looks great! an amazing accomplishment and the animal theme is awesome!

Gotta love the Lion King Sheets. I use to have Lion King Showtoons Briefs with Simba on them as a kid. Always been a fan.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back