Fighter Pilot relief

Status
Not open for further replies.

NovaSurf

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Incontinent
Does anyone know what fighter pilots do if they need to poop on long-range flights? I know there's a "system" for urine, but what about poop?

Nicky

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Carer
They probably just hold it.

Without sounding to graphic...its MUCH easier to hold back poop then pee, if you really put your mind to it.

Darkfinn

Banned
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
It's a good question. I know there is a urine system for male pilots, but not for females. As far as defecating goes I guess they'd just hold it... go before the flight, etc. Though I imagine pulling 5 gees or so would have some sort of an effect.

Gingy

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Sissy
I don't know about anybody else, but I can never poop more than once every 4 days... I must have problems...

bobbyjeff

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I don't know about anybody else, but I can never poop more than once every 4 days... I must have problems...

I was that way when I was younger, but as I have gotten older I have gotten very regular. Just takes time to figure your body out and what its telling you.

I'm guessing the pilots are strongly encouraged to take a pre-game dump.

Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
from what video I have seen... diapers are an option but seldom used. This was from vid from the Canadian Airforce.

HuskyRye

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
  4. Diaperfur
  5. Sissy
They probably just hold it.

Without sounding to graphic...its MUCH easier to hold back poop then pee, if you really put your mind to it.

Yes, and you WOULD totally have to have mind control, as a fighter pilot you would be pulling up to 9G's in an F-16, so that much pressure on the human body...you have to be extremely physically and mentally fit NOT to poop yourself. :thumbsup:

Peachy

Banned
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Carer
Well, here's what a space potty looks like (I took that picture in a 1:1 replica of a module of the International Space Station).
spacepotty.jpg

It basically sucks your pee/poop right out of you, because otherwise, it'd be floating around the room. It's quite obvious which part is for the male astronaut!

I don't think pilot potties work quite the same way, because gravity in a fast fighter jet is rather different from the lack of gravity in space. The general idea of the pee collection should be the same though - some sort of tube hooked up to the male reproductive organ (makes me wonder if pilots need a minimum penis size for it to work :tongueout: ). No idea how that works for the women - maybe they get some sort of soup dish with a hose sewn into their pants, or some plastic pants with a hose.

Peachy

closet dl

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Whats the system for urine ?

:educate:When I was in the military, I worked with some F-16 and F-15 pilots once, and after they landed, they each had a few plastic bags, sort of like long ziplocs, full of urine to dispose of. I don't know if they just pee into a bag or if there was some other sort of device, but I would assume the weight of adding such a device would be a detriment.

Prussic_aux

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover

Damn, I would go see a doctor or something about that dude. If I didn't go after 2 days then I would be concerned...

Darkfinn

Banned
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
Whats the system for urine ?

The flight suits have zippers in the front and there is some sort of funnel and tube device that can connect to a storage bag. As far as I've heard the devices don't work for the female anatomy (unless they've come up with something new in the past few years) so, much like female astronauts, female fighter pilots use diapers.

SomebodyE

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
The standard method has been "piddle packs," a plastic bag with gel/sponge materiel inside. Female pilots had to use diapers.

There's a newer system in the US for both male and female pilots called the "AMXD" (Advanced Mission Extender Device). It uses a hose for men and special underwear with a funnel for women to collect urine.

NovaSurf

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Incontinent
The standard method has been "piddle packs," a plastic bag with gel/sponge materiel inside. Female pilots had to use diapers.

There's a newer system in the US for both male and female pilots called the "AMXD" (Advanced Mission Extender Device). It uses a hose for men and special underwear with a funnel for women to collect urine.

Yea that's the system they use to pee...but I'm talking about taking a dump!

Darkfinn

Banned
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
Yea that's the system they use to pee...but I'm talking about taking a dump!

Fighter missions don't last long enough for the pilots to have a need to drop a deuce... 6 hours at the very most with refueling or extra tanks for a no-fly-zone patrol... most sorties are considerably shorter because the planes will have expended their munitions in a very short timespan. Flying a fighter is extremely stressful on the human body so the military prefers to keep their pilots up there for only as long as is necessary.

Bombers, on the other hand, can run missions lasting 24 hours or more. I am reminded of some B-2 Spirit sorties over Iraq... the flights launched from the USA, refueled over the atlantic, hit their targets in enemy territory, turned around, refueled again over the atlantic, and returned to their bases in the USA. This is why bombers have a 2-4 man crew and have small bunks for eating/sleeping and a lavatory behind the cockpit.

With the numbers of fighter sorties flown throughout history, I'm sure it happened to someone sometime... but I haven't seen any stories circulated anywhere.

NovaSurf

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Incontinent
Fighter missions don't last long enough for the pilots to have a need to drop a deuce... 6 hours at the very most with refueling or extra tanks for a no-fly-zone patrol... most sorties are considerably shorter because the planes will have expended their munitions in a very short timespan. Flying a fighter is extremely stressful on the human body so the military prefers to keep their pilots up there for only as long as is necessary.

Bombers, on the other hand, can run missions lasting 24 hours or more. I am reminded of some B-2 Spirit sorties over Iraq... the flights launched from the USA, refueled over the atlantic, hit their targets in enemy territory, turned around, refueled again over the atlantic, and returned to their bases in the USA. This is why bombers have a 2-4 man crew and have small bunks for eating/sleeping and a lavatory behind the cockpit.

With the numbers of fighter sorties flown throughout history, I'm sure it happened to someone sometime... but I haven't seen any stories circulated anywhere.

What about trans-atlantic ferry flights? those last awhile!

Status
Not open for further replies.