Feeling Nerdy? New Technology

OneWhoHasSeenTheEye

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Incontinent
I found this study from Cambridge about diaper technology improvements. The authors test several ideas to make diapers perform better, but the coolest is a self-shaping pad that contours to your body as it gets wet. šŸ˜Æ

Just like how Pampers has a three-channel core to make air-flow channels, the proposed pads use tiny channels of SAP shaped in such a way that the pad forms a body-hugging contour.

Here is the link: https://www.cambridge.org/core/jour...user-dignity/EE49123E2F043C7A5F87BF2EAB71B492

• Wow
Reactions: RoseofThorns, baliebox4916, BabyLink9 and 2 others

BabyLink9

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Carer
Pretty amazing all the work that went into that paper. Iā€™d love to try a diaper like this in full practice. It looks like they are going for simpler and lighter designs rather than something think and bulky. Which I understand is the whole point is to increase discretion, but Iā€™m curious by how it would work on a medium tier diaper. Along with if this is supposed to expand in a different way than we are used too, how would this feel when wetting it? Would it feel any different? How would it absorb and spread? I have so many more questions.

Reactions: OneWhoHasSeenTheEye

OneWhoHasSeenTheEye

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Incontinent
BabyLink9 said:
Pretty amazing all the work that went into that paper. Iā€™d love to try a diaper like this in full practice. It looks like they are going for simpler and lighter designs rather than something think and bulky. Which I understand is the whole point is to increase discretion, but Iā€™m curious by how it would work on a medium tier diaper. Along with if this is supposed to expand in a different way than we are used too, how would this feel when wetting it? Would it feel any different? How would it absorb and spread? I have so many more questions.
I agree with everything you said here. They obviously have a different end goal in mind than many of us. At the same time, I feel this kind of technology could easily benefit those who are looking for higher absorbency products that donā€™t leak.

My preference for a comfortable diaper will always be the kind I had when I was an infant however that is different for every generation. So even if these diapers are not what I am looking they may be what future generations identify with. It is just need to see the innovation.

Chalsed

Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Wow thanks, I really like to read stuff like this.

Specially because my main diapers are pampers size 8 because I love their tube technology which is not found on adult diapers. And that article seems to be an inprovement over that, no more half wet diapers leaking.

loadedpamperman

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
  3. Other
I wonder if there's a way to contact the authors/researchers to become voluntary test subjects for this...

Roland007

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Carer
How about: [email protected]? The site says this is the contact person. Interesting to see which major company will buy the IP. After all, there are some performance enhancing things in there.

SuperMaidRavi

Cheerful, lewd and diaper loving maid ^^
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
  4. Carer
  5. Other
that's so cool! like really, it's awesome how much effort was put into that research.

Personally I love the hydrophilic thread, as I never really had problems with diaper fit etc. and I think wicking is one of the most important factors on how the diaper performs over time.

Well, fingers crossed we will someday get abdl diapers with state-of-art technology such as this! :)

Reactions: Napincolove

loadedpamperman

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
  3. Other
Roland007 said:
How about: [email protected]? The site says this is the contact person. Interesting to see which major company will buy the IP. After all, there are some performance enhancing things in there.
THANKS! Sent an email along with a brief introduction to volunteer to test should the concept ever reach product development stages.