Feeling harassed at work

BabyTyrant

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
So I like most of the supervisors at my current job, but theres one that is a straight up jackass that keeps targeting me, telling me to do more whenever a line is down for one minute

Or even if the line is running every minute, he still asks me to do more

It isnt in my control to keep all the lines running, I work on the line, I do not maintain or fix them and I dont control necessary production

And quite frankly it is making me nervous and uncomfortable feeling like I am being watched every second because he has nothing better to do sometimes

I have made an official complaint

and I told them either do something about him, or lose me

I am not gonna tolerate being targeted and essentially harassed by a supervisor on a power trip

I have a right to work safe and comfortably as a union worker and either they appreciate all I do (some 60+ hour weeks, any time they ask, whatever they ask me to do that I am able to do) and take this seriously or I will quit and find another job

pampers4U

Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
So the supervisor isn't being vulgar, or making remarks to you on a personal level, he's just micro managing you? You get that anywhere you go, I've had my same job for just over 13 years, countless amounts supervisors / managers have come and gone by my desk, only had a hand full that were micro managers with me.
Since it is my responsibility to make the work / create the jobs what I would do is flood them, lighten up on the other supervisors, joke around with them, but flood the micro manager with tons of work, then give out there desk numbers to our customers saying that there job has been designed and is in scheduling, please talk to this guy... it only takes about 6-8 weeks when the micro manager's light bulb goes off and realizes that he has been played and running around like a chicken without a head while his equal counterpart is kicking back and relaxing. Then things ease up, so hang in there.

RubberJin

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
Kill them with kindness, don't kick up and be a dick as that gives them ammunition.

Be polite, if they're telling you to do stuff or sort stuff out you can be very polite and gracious, stuff like;

"Oh, maybe I'm not quite understanding, I thought I was suposed to be doing XYZ not ABC, are the other supervisors giving me the wrong info?"

"Sorry, I didn't realise this is not the best way of doing this, can you show me your way that you say is better?"
or
"Sorry, I didn't realise this is not the best way of doing this, was the training I've been given incorrect?"

"Sorry, maybe I'm wrong but I can't do this unless maintenance come and fix this problem can I? Maybe you could go and sort that out while I keep things going here?"
or
"Sorry, isn't it against the rules/policy/health&safety to do that until this has been fixed?"

Or if they're demanding stuff you're not supposed to do, ask them to put it in writing "just to make sure I'm 100% clear on it" - I once got a high-up boss this way as she was asking me to basically falsify job records to pretend something was fixed on-time and avoid a penalty, I knew damn well it would be my nads on the block if it turned out to be unfixable so I asked her to just pop me an e-mail saying it was OK to close the fault... never got it :D

BabyTyrant

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
He is making the job a hostile work environment by continually watching me when work gets slow; even if I have 1 line to run instead of 2 or 3 or 4 or 5

He basically decides "oh I dont like that work is slow, I'm going to go bother this coworker instead of doing my own work"

And he is the only one

You have no clue how stressful it makes the job

You can call it "micro managing" ; but it is targeted Harassment and I am not gonna take it