Feeling guilty about wearing.

Lumos

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I wish I could wear whenever I want without feeling guilty about it... I wear training pants once or twice a week but my wife isn’t ready to see me in real diapers just yet. She encouraged me to buy some and wear them (under clothes) but I feel too guilty to wear them... Even with clothes on. Problem is that I feel like she may judge me and see me differently if I do get around to wearing them. I ordered a pack of Rearz Rebels which have been in my closet for the past two months and it’s torture! I don't know why, but wearing them for the first time and in front of somebody, seems really hard to do. I got to try them on a few times but only for a few minutes (no wetting). They felt amazing! I really want to try them out for real but I'm waiting to be home alone to do so... Damn you Covid! That said I still very much love my wife for being accepting of this weird diaper thing lol.

Reactions: Lyric, RedPandaDL, chamberpot and 4 others
At least
Lumosillustrati said:
I wish I could wear whenever I want without feeling guilty about it... I wear training pants once or twice a week but my wife isn’t ready to see me in real diapers just yet. She encouraged me to buy some and wear them (under clothes) but I feel too guilty to wear them... Even with clothes on. Problem is that I feel like she may judge me and see me differently if I do get around to wearing them. I ordered a pack of Rearz Rebels which have been in my closet for the past two months and it’s torture! I don't know why, but wearing them for the first time and in front of somebody, seems really hard to do. I got to try them on a few times but only for a few minutes (no wetting). They felt amazing! I really want to try them out for real but I'm waiting to be home alone to do so... Damn you Covid! That said I still very much love my wife for being accepting of this weird diaper thing lol.
Lumosillustrati said:
At least you can wear and your wife is excepting ! That's a really good situation compared to some others ! Good luck with going that bit further if you want to. Guilty feeling is always a bummer!

Reactions: RedPandaDL and Lumos
Kittyinpink said:
At least

At least you can wear and your wife is excepting ! That's a really good situation compared to some others ! Good luck with going that bit further if you want to. Guilty feeling is always a bummer!
Thank you :) and yes, hopefully one day! lol

I think you are perhaps luckier than a lot of others as your wife certainly shows signs of significant acceptance. As far as guilt, I would say you may have less to be guilty about based on the level of acceptance your wife shows.

My wife has erratic acceptance. She knows i wear overnight a few times a week (we sleep separately) but I cannot wear in her presence without her getting angry. Out of sight, out of mind for her.

Her anger stems from me breaking my agreement to not wear in front of her. I confess i will sometimes push the limits.

The only time I feel guilty is if I am wearing in her presence and she might hear the crinkling and I get “caught”.

But I will also then get a bit angry due to frustration of not being free to wear when I want. As we know so well this interest of ours is not something that we ourselves can easily ignore.

Reactions: RedPandaDL, Lumos and chamberpot
Kayleigh said:
I think you are perhaps luckier than a lot of others as your wife certainly shows signs of significant acceptance. As far as guilt, I would say you may have less to be guilty about based on the level of acceptance your wife shows.

My wife has erratic acceptance. She knows i wear overnight a few times a week (we sleep separately) but I cannot wear in her presence without her getting angry. Out of sight, out of mind for her.

Her anger stems from me breaking my agreement to not wear in front of her. I confess i will sometimes push the limits.

The only time I feel guilty is if I am wearing in her presence and she might hear the crinkling and I get “caught”.

But I will also then get a bit angry due to frustration of not being free to wear when I want. As we know so well this interest of ours is not something that we ourselves can easily ignore.
Thanks for your reply. I know I'm lucky and I'm certainly grateful that my wife didn't freak out when I told her I was DL. I just wish the whole diaper thing was more accepted in general, like wearing a fancy hat haha.

Reactions: RedPandaDL
I get your guilt but if you let it sit dormant too long in the relationship she may think it was a passing phase. Without knowing all the facts, I’d start slow and concealed. Long untucked shirt, jeans or joggers with some underwear to mak the crinkle. She may hear it but it won’t be in her face. If she asks you will have no need to deny. You’re in a good place just go slow. It may be a bit embarrassing but it’ll become more normal with time. Hang in there.

Reactions: RedPandaDL and Lumos
Subtlerustle said:
I get your guilt but if you let it sit dormant too long in the relationship she may think it was a passing phase. Without knowing all the facts, I’d start slow and concealed. Long untucked shirt, jeans or joggers with some underwear to mak the crinkle. She may hear it but it won’t be in her face. If she asks you will have no need to deny. You’re in a good place just go slow. It may be a bit embarrassing but it’ll become more normal with time. Hang in there.
Thanks for the advice. I do worry that she might think it's just a phase and this sounds like a good place to start. Now I just need to build up my confidence!

Reactions: RedPandaDL and Kittyinpink
It took me a while to muster the courage to wear around my SO. At first, I was pretty shy about it. Over time, I became more confident, and now I wear without worry.

The key thing for me was communication. I asked my SO to let me know if ever my wearing made her feel uncomfortable, and I would remind her of that every once in a while. Every time, she reassured me that she wasn't offended, and she encouraged me to push my boundaries.

Since your wife encouraged you to wear under your clothes, I'm sure she won't judge you. My recommendation is to start slow and communicate. Eventually, you'll feel less guilty about it.

Best of luck!

Last edited:
Reactions: RedPandaDL, Kittyinpink and Lumos
BigBlueBear said:
It took me a while to muster the courage to wear around my SO. At first, I was pretty shy about it. Over time, I became more confident, and now I wear without worry.

The key thing for me was communication. I asked my SO to let me know if ever my wearing made her feel uncomfortable, and I would remind her of that every once in a while. Every time, she reassured me that she wasn't offended, and she encouraged me to push my boundaries.

Since your wife encouraged you to wear under your clothes, I'm sure she won't judge you. My recommendation is to start slow and communicate. Eventually, you'll feel less guilty about it.

Best of luck!
Thank you for the great advice 😊

Last edited:
Let us know how it goes. If there’s a mistake to be made, I’ve probably done it. 😂

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: Kittyinpink, RedPandaDL and Lumos
Subtlerustle said:
Let us know how it goes. If there’s a mistake to be made, I’ve probably done it. 😂
I will but I’m taking it slow for now :)

Reactions: Subtlerustle and RedPandaDL
Being physically and developmentally disabled since birth, I have no choice about wearing/not wearing dydees.
I am 24/7 in dydees.

Lumosillustrati said:
I wear training pants once or twice a week but my wife isn’t ready to see me in real diapers just yet. She encouraged me to buy some and wear them (under clothes) but I feel too guilty to wear them... Even with clothes on. Problem is that I feel like she may judge me and see me differently if I do get around to wearing them.
She has already told you how she judges you. She judges you as someone she loves and someone she wants to be happy. She simply isn't ready to see you wearing them; but, by suggesting you start wearing them she is also saying she may very well come around such that some day she won't have an issue seeing you in diapers. But, if she never is comfortable seeing you in diapers it is quite apparent she doesn't believe she will have any issues with you discreetly wearing. Go for it and be sure to tell her how much you love her and her willingness to let you be you.

Peesalot said:
She has already told you how she judges you. She judges you as someone she loves and someone she wants to be happy. She simply isn't ready to see you wearing them; but, by suggesting you start wearing them she is also saying she may very well come around such that some day she won't have an issue seeing you in diapers. But, if she never is comfortable seeing you in diapers it is quite apparent she doesn't believe she will have any issues with you discreetly wearing. Go for it and be sure to tell her how much you love her and her willingness to let you be you.
WOW, thank you for this fantastic feedback! You certainly have a way of clearing things up. This makes a lot of sense! I still need to gather my courage/confidence, but your words of wisdom are a boost in the right direction to take ☺️. Thank you.

Reactions: Peesalot
Thank you all for the advice ☺️
I’m building up my courage to wear more often!

You’re all awesome!

Reactions: Kittyinpink and BigBlueBear
Back