Feel guilty

Bigt84015

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Incontinent
Feeling guilty about the time it takes me to change at work. I have ceberal palsy to it takes me a bit some times. Boss is cool with it but I still feel bad. Some words of encouragement and experience are appreciated.

Reactions: checkingoutall, Jr2012 and Rainbow
No reason to feel guilty. It isn't as if you are trying to get away from your work. There are plenty of people that take excessively long bathroom breaks with absolutely nothing wrong with them. If anything you should take pride in yourself for holding down a job despite the difficulties of dealing with incontinence and cerebral palsy. How many people that are able-bodied won't/don't work for the most trivial of things. So hold your head high. Having been in management I would rather have an employee with a good attitude and work ethic that needs extra time in the the restroom than a healthy employee that doesn't have a good attitude or work ethic.

Last edited:
Reactions: Petya217 and Kittyinpink
I totally agree with Arrex. Your concern and obvious dedication to your work shows lots of positive and important attributes that outway any minor toilet issues.

Reactions: Jr2012 and Arrex
Agreed, also your health takes priority.
As long as you don't take excessively long times to change (e.g. 4xas long as you normally would to change) and ad long as you do your job as they ask and they're happy about your performance then there's nothing to worry about.
If they do complain and you're always trying to hurry up then it means they're very disrespectful and not understanding.

Reactions: Kittyinpink
I am fortunate enough to work close to home, so I have the luxury of taking a 2 minute drive home when I have time on my breaks and change in private, usually when I would be off the clock anyways. Even still, I usually arrive back at work about 3-5 minutes after everybody else would be expected to be back, and its no big deal. My boss understands and isn't worried about it. Diaper changes inherently take longer than a random bathroom visit for continent people, or for those of us with the privilege of being able to use the restroom at least sometimes. They don't just happen in the snap of a finger. They take a few minutes - especially if you're being respectful of others and remaining sanitary and properly disposing of your supplies. Especially in a public setting. There's not much you can do about it, and its nothing you should feel bad over.

Strive to be independent! A lot of people do wear diapers, so don't feel bad, it's a part of you, who you are, and people including bosses should understand. I'm glad you have a job. that's AWESOME!

Reactions: Rainbow
dont feel guilty, look at the people who take smoke breaks and bathroom breaks.

Guilt is an important emotion and useful ONLY when we have done something morally or ethically wrong. Changing diapers at work while living and adapting to CP is courageous, you are productive, and are not doing anything morally or ethically reprehensible. Adapting to diapers, CP, contributing to society, and being independent represents your inner strength and resiliency.

Unfortunately, in today’s society, feeling guilty has been nearly banished and the ones that should being feeling it generally aren’t. You have absolutely no reason to feel guilty and should take pride in the efforts you’re putting forth to deal with your condition and contribute to the society in which live. There’s plenty of able bodied people out there that show no concern whatsoever if they inconvenience people around them, as to the bathroom, or in other situations, that should learn to have a bit of shame.

As a low level manager in a production based setting, long bathroom breaks are unacceptable ONLY when they are where abused to avoid actually working. I happen to have an employee that does exactly that, but I am unable to do anything about it anyway to prevent possible HR complaints for discrimination.

I now recently have another employee dealing with a medical issue that sometimes requires extended time in the bathroom during work hours, and they are similarly worried about letting down the team much like yourself. I have absolutely no problem with this because I know their work ethic and understand it is not an attempt to shirk their duties, and make sure to reassure them any time they bring it up. Even to the point of convincing them to stay at work and get paid to do nothing.

Long story short, if your boss says they are cool with it, they probably are. And feel free to ask for reassurance from them if it is still getting to you. I'd rather have a genuinely good employee that has occasional "problems", than a shitty one that has a "pristine" record.

Love ur username as I can see someone using that name in baby talk as there changeing me. Aww... just feel some warm flutertys

There's nothing to feel guilty about in terms of dealing with a medical need, and employers have to recognise that.

Of course there's the option to wear a thicker/more absorbent nappy if you want to change less frequently, but it depends whether that would cause issues in terms of keeping it discreet I guess, if most people don't know you're in nappies.

Feeling guilty about the time it takes me to change at work. I have ceberal palsy to it takes me a bit some times. Boss is cool with it but I still feel bad. Some words of encouragement and experience ar
Bigt84015 said:
Feeling guilty about the time it takes me to change at work. I have ceberal palsy to it takes me a bit some times. Boss is cool with it but I still feel bad. Some words of encouragement and experience are appreciated.
You have no reason to feel guilty at all trust me.

With your boss knowing what and why it takes you longer in the bathroom shows to me that you are not taking to long because the boss hasn't said anything to you. Personally I would like to say, don't feel guilty about it because you are able to take care of it. You are showing to your boss and anyone else that knows you that having to wear and use diapers isn't who you are. Your work is getting done and that is one of the most important things. Keep hanging in there and try to be strong.

Reactions: pamperbud20
Back