Fear and love

Electrically

Contributor
Role
Adult Baby
Besides basic instinct/survival
Is This why we do anything and everything?
Quick answers only
Thanks

Trevor

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Babyfur
I don't think so. Things that spring quickly to mind are curiosity, expressing creativity, avoiding boredom, and altruism.

JackandJill

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Babyfur, Diaperfur, Sissy, Little, Carer
Yes and no we have a very developed brain an instinct to Keep Us Alive is a strong part of it but our intelligence can override instinct.

KitsuneFox

* Yip *
Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Incontinent
Fear = "something might hurt or kill me"
Love = chemical reaction in the brain that can effect psychology .

There are many good books that delve into the psychology of 'why we do what we do' .

Last edited:

Electrically

Contributor
Role
Adult Baby

There are many good books that delve into the psychology of 'why we do what we do' .
But if you get down to it everything we do love to or afraid of doing or not doing
Religion, work, play relationship etc.

Electrically

Contributor
Role
Adult Baby
Reason for thought
I am going to try to do more for love in my life.
And in doing so I want to identify why I do what I do. So I can decide what to change.

JackandJill

Est. Contributor
Role
Reason for thought
I am going to try to do more for love in my life.
And in doing so I want to identify why I do what I do. So I can decide what to change.
Best recommendation it's Friday Community College and just take one psychology class like developmental psychology and go from there you can also ask local colleges what psychology book do they teach out of and they should tell you and you could go buy it read it and learn yourself it is extremely complicated to actually figure out why we do the things we do. Keep in mind the best people in Psychology that studies why people do stuff have phds.

But it's very good to learn why we do stuff helps us look inside of Who We Are.

Electrically

Contributor
Role
Adult Baby

I don’t want to read a book I want to know what you think

JackandJill

Est. Contributor
Role
I don’t want to read a book I want to know what you think
Well it's hard to explain everything I know if you short paragraphs. It's like have you noticed a lot of human are social in fact probably majority of us are so so we seek some type of social interaction between other living beings. The scientific Community says that's actually a evolutionary trait and it goes into another psychological Theory.

For us to he happy each of these minimum basic needs got to be meet and if you don't meet the one below you will not be able to proceed further.

If I going back into why we do things our actions are based off of inherited traits instinct AND learned traits kind of like the kid. Not Knowing the stove is hot but as adults we've learned it and most of us have been burnt by it. So that means our actions have been modified by positive and negative reinforcement. I'm at work right now so I can't continue further.

Well I had to edit that so many bad spelling and grammar errors sry

Last edited:

Trevor

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Babyfur
People love to be creative/ love to feel creative I’m not sure about boredom
If you choose to expand the definitions of love and fear to cover two halves of a whole, then your question is answered. I don't think love fits what most people are expressing in creativity. Even a "labor of love" as some creative works are considered is just another use of the word rather than an expression of what most people would consider love.

Nam Repaid

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
There are five levels,

1. Physiological needs, such as food, oxygen, water, and sleep
  2. Safety needs, such as security, order, stability, and protection
  3. Belongingness and love needs, such as family, relationships, and affections
  4. Esteem needs, such as responsibility, achievement, reputation, and status
  5. Self-actualization needs, such as fulfillment and personal growth

PCBaby

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Little, Incontinent
Fear is part of the fight or flight reflex and is hard wired into us, but with training and discipline fear can be overcome.
Love is probably an overused word. Love in romantic terms is a physiological effect of chemicals in our brains and some hormones.

Electrically

Contributor
Role
Adult Baby
I appreciate everybody’s response. And I think I mostly understand what each of you were trying to say.
I do think the definition of love is a bit tricky.
Here is some examples of what I mean by doing things for love
I go to work most every day. I do a lot of different things at work somethings I like doing somethings I don’t. And I do it for money. Do I love money? no not really. But I have wife and kids and I love them. And I want to provide for them the best that I can.

I also fish.
do I love Waking up at 4 AM to go drive to someplace to fish? no.
do I love freezing my butt off by the creek?nope.
I don’t even usually eat the fish.
I Love the hunt and the satisfaction and the actual battle of catching the fish.

Example of fear
My wife can be kind of controlling and demanding
So if she has something she request me to do do I do it because I love her? or do I do it because it needs done? or do I do it because I’m afraid she’ll be mad? I think to often probably a fear.
So I’m going to work on either doing things for the correct reasons or not doing things
It might be quite a process
I also have to think about autumn and laziness as well

PCBaby

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Little, Incontinent
You said "I Love the hunt and the satisfaction and the actual battle of catching the fish". This isn't love, it's a misuse of the word, what you mean is you like the excitement. Nice is another over and misused word.