Favourite bands/artists?

Osthagen

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I just thought this thread could be interesting. I’m personally into an extremely eclectic variety of music, but Alternative music is my favourite. My favourite bands, I would say are:

Nirvana
Stone Temple Pilots
Alice In Chains
Bush
Soundgarden
Foo Fighters
Jimmy Eat World
The Jam
Hole
Oasis
Red Hot Chili Peppers
Linkin Park
Mudhoney
Smashing Pumpkins
Guns N Roses
Ash
Buzzcocks

Last edited:
I mainly listen to metallica and the gorillaz

I have to recommend Les Friction. Definitely give them a shot.

I listen to a wide variety if music, from 60s and up classic rock, early hard rock and heavy metal, to some of the more modern songs, to some 80s-00s pop and pop rock, and Alternative Rock, to a little modern pop (there is a surprise good song or two every so often), and a small mix of old Rap and newer Rap (nothing too mainstream (except Eminem) as it's boring, predictable and way too overplayed), I also like some Techno-ish songs (idk what songs fall under what sub genres though, so I couldn't tell you).

By far though my absolute favorite music is Hard Rock and Heavy Metal, for favorite bands, I like Pantera, Iron Maiden, Judas Priest, early Metallica, a lot of Megadeth (some may not like Dave Mustaines voice, but he is basically a guitar god and their music is usually well put together and they are way more consistent than Metallica), a little Slayer, old Atreyu and Trivium, Dragonforce (with their last singer, I dont like them with their new singer), and a lot of songs with Slash (Guns and Rose's, Solo Material, when he was with other groups or on another artists song just to play Guitar)

Oh yeah, also Progressive Rock and Metal (like Dream Theater, though a lot of their songs seem way too long)

I am also still huge into a lot of the 90s-00s Pop Rock/Alternative, it seems to never get old.

Last edited:
I've been enjoying Progressive Rock recently.

Heavy Metal and Hardrock by a countrymile :)
Iron Maiden, Judas Priest, Dio, Scorpions, Accept since the innocent age of not even being 8. And learning about bands such as Running Wild, Helloween, Heavens Gate, Rage, Gamma Ray, Blind Guardian, U.D.O., Chroming Rose, Sodom, Kreator, Overkill, Prowler, Sacred Reich, Accuser as well as couple of local bands who were really good but unfortunately never really made it out of here due to various circumstances such as Cannon (one major release) and a band called Beau Geste who did a one song 7" split ep and two demo tapes only. I also remember a band called The Immortal from near Siegen, Germany who had a really good two demo tapes in this regard.

Artists:
Elton John
Charlie Puth
Abba
Imagine Dragons
King's Singers
Justin Timberlake
Manhattan Transfer
NSYNC
Pentatonix
Superfruit
Queen
Shawn Mendes
Trans-Siberian Orchestra
Yes
-------
Composers:
Chopin
Beethoven
John Rutter
Bach
Scott Joplin
Mozart
Mussorgsky

Mostly I listen to Alice In Chains and Linkin Park.

J.I.D
Kyle
Ski Mask the Slump God
Fall Out Boy
Panic! At the Disco
Neck Deep
Twenty One Pilots
Billie Eilish
Grant
wun two
eevee
Imogen Heap
Avriel and the Sequoias
DROELOE
Curbi
tchami
Goldlink
Jhene Aiko
Porter Robinson
WRLD
YBN Cordae

...and a whole host of other stuff from almost every other genre imaginable.

Lately I'm listening to a lot of
Iron and Wine
Tom Waits
Puscifer
Behemoth

While I don't know the names of all the band I like I do have a special place in my heart for Micheal Jackson, Elvis Presley, and Hank Williams. I also enjoy Ellie Holcomb, she has a beautiful song called the broken beautiful.

Metal is my favorite genre; my tastes primarily rotate around alternative and prog. So...

Top 5:
Avenged Sevenfold
Breaking Benjamin
Dream Theater
Symphony X
Periphery

Honorable mentions:
Evanescence
Protest The Hero
Tesseract
Megadeth
DragonForce
Linkin Park
Opeth
Bullet For My Valentine
HIM
Tool

Just to name a few.

Every ad-hoc combo involving Pete Seeger, Ernie Ford, Leadbelly and Woody Guthrie, for instant the Byrds.

Queen. Duh.

The Jayhawks
Dwight Yoakam
Cro-Mags
Bad Brains
Dag Nasty
The Grateful Dead
King Gizzard and the Lizard Wizard
Frank Zappa
and well....why not....Sade

Irene Ryan, aka Granny Clampett, was a moderately successful folk singer. By that I mean getting a good meal sometimes. Along with Flatt and Scruggs, Minny Pearl weren't exactly regulars but Earl Scruggs wrote the theme song. Pat Boone had a short gig on the Beverly Hillbillies, but Pete Seeger couldn't get on TV at the time. Blacklisted. By McCarthy's committee. Whatever else, they didn't sell out.

Scaramouche said:
Queen. Duh.

We're going to see Bohemian Rhapsody (the movie) next week, looking forward to it, Freddie was a god.

As for my tastes - all over the damn shop;

Fatboy Slim for guaranteed bouncy fun
Soulwax / 2ManyDJ's for banging mixes/remixes of an eclectic range of stuff. They're my 2nd favourite Belgian thing after the beers.
Green Day, Offspring, Foo Fighters to rock out to
Richard Cheese and Hayseed Dixie... I can't really explain class like that

I'm on a bit of a 1980-90's UK rave/acid/dance trip at the moment, big soft-spot for the KLF.

Mostly Radio 4 during the day, 6 Music / Radio 1 in the shed.

Reactions: Deleted member 29386
For a bit there I sort of liked Deranged Deities. Until the lead singer ODed live on stage one night.
Stephy and the Dirty Virgins were purity good too 😸

Cat Stevens had a (only one) concert actually filmed and preserved. MagiKat. Dude loved his music.

You named all my favorite bands except ACDC

Reactions: SlashNBurn
Back