Favorite Vintage Pampers?

I would opt for the ones from the early 1990's, the Pampers and Luvs Phases. They were highly absorbent, pleasantly scented, reasonably discrete, had a very pleasant scent, and were frequently used as an insert by adults with light to moderate UI. Around '98, I especially liked the Pampers Baby Dry Size 6 with the longer fit and hooks that would grip the waistband of a Fruit of the Loom brief that would help hold the diaper in position.

Reactions: oldskool and BobbiSueEllen
I forgot about the transition pampers when they went from 100% plastic to a hybrid of cloth like cover, the front taping panel and rear wings were plastic while the diaper core had the cloth like feel.. Those were really comfortable to wear and they had a nice seat to them, especially when wet, I remember on days off of school when my parent would work and I was home alone I would play with my legos for hours on end in just a diaper and tee-shirt scooting around on my butt the whole time.. such good memories

Reactions: oldskool and BobbiSueEllen
i'd say the 2009-2012 era.

Reactions: BobbiSueEllen
I kind of wish someone would make a website with a comprehensive picture album of as many diapers of as many years as possible. Its so hard these days to find reliable places that have good high quality pictures of them

Reactions: oldskool, TigerDL, Jayden123 and 1 other person
These were my first diapers as a teen (14) and the thickest, the warmest, the softest and the best I ever wore...

Reactions: Deleted member 56273 and littledreamers333
RetroGamerGuy said:
I kind of wish someone would make a website with a comprehensive picture album of as many diapers of as many years as possible. Its so hard these days to find reliable places that have good high quality pictures of them

Tell me about it. It's annoying using the same-old diaper design in SFM.

mhmm not to mention there are all these people with comprehensive vintage diaper collections they spent TONS of money on that could easily contribute! Ive seen on random pic sites you can sometimes find pictures but never that many of the ones I'm always looking for

Reactions: TigerDL and BobbiSueEllen
Exactly.

My favourite designs are Sesame Street ones, around 2010-2013. Never got the chance to try any of these designs because they had different ones in the U.K. I really liked the ones with clouds on.

The first in the photo, early to mid 90's plastic Pampers with the bears and balloons are probably my most memorable. I remember taking those from my baby sibling's supply when I was an early teenager. My first diaper memories go back to when I was around 4-5 years old and sneaking other baby sibling's diapers, but I don't remember what the diaper was back then.

I was born in 1991, so I don't really remember what I wore when I was a baby (I think I was a Huggies baby)- but I do vaguely remember the "original" Pampers (the ones that look like the Super Dry Kids) and wanting to wear them as a kid. It's probably why the Super Dry Kids are my favorite diaper, because its like the diapers that I always wanted to wear but never did.

I do really remember (and miss) the Baby Dry from around 2006-2012 era, since those were really my "first" diaper that I wore when I was discovering that I was into ABDL. Those still had that wonderful smell. I don't like the new Pampers (with those weird channel things) at all, and it seems like they don't have that "Pampers smell" to them as much anymore either.

Reactions: pampersguy827
RetroGamerGuy said:
I will never ever love anything as much as the thick crinkly pampers/luvs/huggies from the 80s to 90s they were diaper perfection. I wish i could go back in time to smack the person who thought changing them to the trash they are now
I totally agree with you on that. I was in diapers back in the very early 80's but had younger siblings who were in the thick crinkly diapers in the 80s. Those were the best. The smell, thickness, and the crinkle. What is this crap they make now? Ive heard claims that the way they make diapers now are more environmentally safe but if you look at the designs, they have more ink, more material that doesnt break down and there is a HUUUUUGE assortment of absorbent style products. I remember when you had diapers sizes N-maybe 5 or 6. After that you potty trained in padded undies and after that you were SOL. None of this hundreds of types of pullups and diapers and pads that barely do the job. Bring back them old diapers. AND start making them in adult sizes and available in the store not just online for ridiculous amounts of money.

Reactions: Honeywell6180 and ArchtopK
My personal fave(s) comes out of the mid 80's and seems to have run through the late 90's/early 2000's. These were the best years for diapers from all brands. They had tons of SAP, had super snug leg gathers and wicked better than any product ever.

vintage-diapers-1990-unopened-package_1_a8f2ddfeacf2fe5bf81ea4ab68ba6744.jpg
s-l300.jpg
$_3.JPG
b8250829928def6c3aefcc840547955e.jpg
1581014956796.jpeg1581014968653.jpeg

Reactions: Deleted member 77437, RetroGamerGuy, ZetaSonic and 4 others
Second from top left

I remember having those.

wish they still made these kinda diapers

Reactions: SlashNBurn
Too far left. I had them as a baby and toddler, and I loved them

BobbiSueEllen said:
These were the Pampers I wore as a baby...the Pampers I wore as a teen looked the same, were much thicker, toddler-sized and came in a bigger box: 48 Pampers made 12 me-sized diapers. 🤗

I wore Pampers ages 1-2 and again ages 3-7 and they were actually bigger back them. And the first ones I wore still used diaper pins. I remember the day my mom put me back in diapers like it was yesterday. I wish they made these Pampers in adult sizes

Honeywell6180 said:
I would opt for the ones from the early 1990's, the Pampers and Luvs Phases. They were highly absorbent, pleasantly scented, reasonably discrete, had a very pleasant scent, and were frequently used as an insert by adults with light to moderate UI. Around '98, I especially liked the Pampers Baby Dry Size 6 with the longer fit and hooks that would grip the waistband of a Fruit of the Loom brief that would help hold the diaper in position.
I loved the crinkly noise

Reactions: Sidewinder
Back