Favorite Pokemon Generation?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BabyTyrant

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I grew up having a GameBoy color and was playing the original Red/Blue/Yellow versions so those stand out the most just from being the original; though they looked much better on GBA and NDS generations.

I really liked every version of every generation up until the GBA/NDS, when they started doing remakes my interest slowed down and then I really wasnt feeling much love for Generations 5 and 6 (especially with barely changed "remix" versions Black/White and X and Y).

Gen 7 (Sun and Moon) I went into expecting to not like it that much and I actually liked it quite a lot but it felt short in game duration, number of pokemon, and number of Pokemon in the PokeDex (no exploring a previous region, no expanded PokeDex to include past generations,)

And that last thing is really what killed my momentum to keep going on after I beat the Elite 4, like i remember when the National Dex was in game in past Generations and you could get addicted to training your pokemon and evolving them just to get the PokeDex data.

So in essence I think 1-4 were all very good and league's better than 5 and 6, and 7 was pretty good, but a few better decisions could have made them so much more enjoyable to play for a longer amount of time.

Pokemon VII moon :D

I love them all, but as for favourites I'm probably gonna have to go with Gen 1 with Gen 2 a close second.

Reason being I have fond memories of playing Yellow (and Silver) when I was a kid and for me it was where my love for Pokemon started, and cause 4 of my favourite Pokemon are from gen 1.

I don't know what order I would rate the rest in.

Hoenn. My Raichu was born in that region. In the original Ruby I hatched him and trained him to what he is now. That's mostly to him that is why I love Hoenn.

Gen 3, I have to admit I'm a total hoenn baby
But gen 4 had my favorite game, Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Explorers of Sky
And Gen 5 has most of my favorite Pokemon Designs, a really awsome hype season before black and white, and the first time I played on Smogon

Did anyone remember making one of these? Before the starters were anounced.

Attachments

• 1551122425896.png
    1551122425896.png
    164.1 KB · Views: 5
I've never played Generation 4 or 5. It's been forever since I played 1 or 2, 2 is what I started with as a kid and I don't think I even have my copy of Gold anymore. I'd say my favorite generations are 3 and 7.

5th or 3rd remake if we can count that one.

Gen 2 and 6.

This is a tough question 🤔

Even though I grew up with Gen 1, I don't have the overwhelming nostalgia others have for those games. The original 151 are pretty cool, but there were some dud designs back then too (Jynx, Mr. Mime, Hitmonchan, Voltorb and Electrode) and the original games were woefully unbalanced and glitchy as heck.

If I had to pick my favourite gens, I'd go with gen 2, gen 4 and gen 5 :)

Gen 2 for obvious reasons, I loved all the new Pokemon introduced, even though many of them aren't the most competitively viable, their designs were all great. I also found the Gen 2 games to be incredibly robust and balanced. Gold, Silver and Crystal (and their remakes) offer the best challenge out of any main series game and the amount of features introduced in Gen 2; night and day changes, berries, apricorns, rematches and of course the expansive post-game where you journey to Kanto and fight the original 8 gym leaders over again, have yet to be topped or outdone by any other game in the franchise since 😄

Gen 4, I liked the new pokemon, the Sinnoh region is the largest region in-game (until Sword and Shield probably), the story-heavy nature was a nice change of pace even though it does slow the games down some, but at least it didn't get bogged down by cut scenes like the previous two generations and once again, these games provided a great challenge. Cynthia is the toughest, coolest and best Champion in the series :)

Gen 5, gotta admit, having a generation of 100+ new Pokemon was totally awesome :D Every generation afterwards has only introduced new Pokes in the double-digits and even though there were a few wonky designs (ice cream anyone 😋) all those new Pokes meant that there was a lot of interesting teams to train and it gave extra incentive to replay the games (as an aside, I'm really hoping we get more than 50 new Pokemon with Sword and Shield and no alternate forms or megas, those don't count). This was also the last generation where the gym leaders were somewhat challenging, the following generations really dumbed down the difficulty. I also feel Gen 5's storyline was the best story-driven Pokemon experience I ever had. N was a cool character, the basic storyline felt like something that could have happened generations earlier and these games managed to tell a story without slowing the gameplay to a crawl or utilizing copious cut scenes 🙂

Those are my 3 favourite generations hands down 😁

Last edited:
Gen 2, I really loved gen 1 but the way gen 1 Pokemon got new evolutions was super cool to me.

Plus....

Legendary dogs> legendary birds

Probably Gen 3 but honestly that's mostly nostalgia, I would have to say gen 6 is a close second with how much variety there is in pokemon.

My favourite Gen is in the Sinnoh region.

Generation 1 and 2 for me. That's what I grew up with. Plus they had the coolest Pokerap that I still remember and love to sing randomly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back