Favorite foods from now and then.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Applejack

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I had a topic like this before but it didn't get a lot of response. So I still want to know.

what are some foods that you guys ate as kids that you enjoy and brings back memories of you as a little kid.

for me it is mac and cheese with apple juice. (i am eating it now which is why i thaught about it.)

and another thing that is weirder is banana pudding. i remember eating it in preschool.. Also chocolate milk because it is awesome.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PacifiedByKnowledge

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
Well, its not so much the food as it is the presentation. I still love mac and cheese, hot dogs, buttered noodles, pancakes etc., but what really makes a difference is how these things are served. For instance, is my hot dog on a bun or is it cut into little bits that i have to eat by hand?

futurepunk92

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Little
Kraft Dinner, Pogos (corn dogs), grilled cheese sandwiches, chicken noodle soup, alphagetti, lunchables... too damn many to list. :)

Applejack

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I also always liked cheese sticks

oleman72

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Incontinent
Back when I was young I don't remember what favorites were as most were made from scratch. Wienies and sauerkraut and goolash were probably some of my favorites.

pamperchu

Banned
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Babyfur
SuperPretzels.jpg
AND
tumblr_m8h0hcmSTG1qa0jizo1_500.jpg

ayanna

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Babyfur
One that I've not had since I was a kid (used to get this as a 'treat' at my best friend's place) is tumblr_kwo162SxzN1qaszhfo1_400.jpg. I can't imagine ever eating it again....but I loved it when I was a kid.
One thing that I have eaten as an adult that I loved as a child was FRESH home made bread with butter and sugar! So yummy! I need to get a breadmaker again so I can make bread (I'm far to lazy to make the way my mum did! LOL)
Another thing that I miss (although I have had them as recently as 4 years ago) is home made cake-doughnut-recipe-250.jpg! Loved to watch my mum make these when I was small. She always did the 'holes' and let us eat them when they were still warm...mmmmmmm yummmmmyyyyyyy!!!!!! I think I need to learn how to make these! :D

Applejack

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
We used to make fried chicken in the deep fryer in our back yard but we never do it anymore. :(

EmilyAdella

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Babyfur
  3. Diaperfur
  4. Little
  5. Other
Tomatoes - just fresh off the vine, I would go them from are garden until I was 7 or 8 and just eat them whole, I still enjoy fresh ones from the garden a lot.
Pimento cheese sandwiches - though being gluten free has put a damper on these.
Fried apples was another favorite and apples in general I go through about 2 pounds a week now or approximately 2 apples aa day, I have always liked the more tarts since I was a little baby at 2-3ish I would snack on granny smith slices and other tart varieties.
My little brother had and still has an even stronger taste for tart than I do when he was 2ish we would need to order him a dish of lemon slices when we went or he would take the lemons from everyone's drinks so he eat them, he still loves straight lemon limes kumquats etc.

dogboy

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
My dad had a quarter acre garden, and in the summer when it was hot, we would have a veggie supper, often on Sunday night. He had great tomatoes out of the garden.

One thing I've mentioned to my wife when grocery shopping is that my mom would fry Taylor Porkrole. I'm sure it's not good for you, but it tasted good.

My grandmother was German, and when I'd stay with her, she'd make German dishes like cabbage, and spetzel, corned beef, etc. By the time I was 8 years old, she'd give me a can of beer. She was the greatest!

onecho

The Reluctant Lord of Liminal Space
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Babyfur
  2. Little
Grilled cheese sandwiches! Oh yeah! I still love them and every time, they take me back! ^^

Of course, it has to be made with American cheese. I know, it's not 'real' cheese. Honestly, that's fine with me. Fake cheese product has a time and a place and it happens to be when melted between two pieces of butter-toasted bread. :)

Garzilla

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
Yum, my favorites from when I was a very little kid are still my favorites. Macaroni and cheese, spaghetti (I call them sketties), vanilla and banana pudding, waffles, my moms home made soup, toasty cheese sandwiches, bacatofish sandwiches (silly i know but this is what i have always called tuna sandwiches with my potato chips on the sandwich, yum), goulash, and probably a few others. Spaghetti is by far my most favorite.

I have always been a very picky eater although I do have other things that I really like now. Stuff that I would not have had as a very little kid, that I can recall anyway, like barbecued hamburgers, chicken filets, steak, pizza. I really like hot foods like spicy hot, this stems from around 10 or 11 when I discovered I really liked red pepper on my pizza. I think I was really just being brave at the time and making a concession because of the lack of vegetables in my diet, not that it is a replacement, but to me I was taking a pretty big risk at the time. I ended up really liking the hot spiciness after this happened a few times, this has grown over the years.

A couple of times I have regressed a little while eating and playing, and ended up playing with my food. Nothing like squishing up sketties in my hands and feeding myself. I rarely get a chance to do this but it is really a sweet rush.

RoamingHermit

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
  4. Other
My favorite childhood food would definitely be cheddar scalloped potatoes! YUM!! :catsmile:

Applejack

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I used to have homemade baked potato soup. It's to die for

pajamakitten

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
  4. Sissy
  5. Carer
Mine was pizza and that stands until today and hopefully until I die. I love it so much and could eat it everyday without complaining. I also loved chocolate and cake and biscuits and soda and anything else that bad for you, don't have that stuff very often these days (DAMN YOU WAISTLINE!) but when I do I enjoy the hell out of them.

Garzilla

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
My favorite childhood food would definitely be cheddar scalloped potatoes! YUM!! :catsmile:

Yum!

- - - Updated - - -

I used to have homemade baked potato soup. It's to die for

Yum!

- - - Updated - - -

Mine was pizza and that stands until today and hopefully until I die. I love it so much and could eat it everyday without complaining. I also loved chocolate and cake and biscuits and soda and anything else that bad for you, don't have that stuff very often these days (DAMN YOU WAISTLINE!) but when I do I enjoy the hell out of them.

Yum, Yum and Yum!

fuzzyyellow

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Sissy
I was an extremely picky eater when I was young. So no food really takes me back. But I got to admit, I love kraft dinner.

Naota

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
Pasta and ketchup, at one point went was the only thing I would eat at all, and I still eat it to this day, thought no where near as much.

Status
Not open for further replies.