Favorite diaper scene in the media?

Status
Not open for further replies.

David315

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I am wondering what everyone's favorite diaper scene in the media is? Mine are all of the diaper-related scenes from the old show "You Can't Do That On Television" from the 80's child-sketch show that used to be on nick on cable.

Kovy

is back, baby!
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Little
  3. Carer
I think I remember a story on the local news about a bank robber wearing just a diaper, but it might have been a robber of something else as I can't find a link (sorry). :dunno:

E

Elli

It's not a favourite, in fact it freaks me out a bit, but there is a sketch on an old Harry Enfield sketch-show where two adults play the roles of a boy and girl toddler. For some reason, in the sketches, the boy gets away with terrorising his sister. I've only ever seen two or three of the sketches, usually when there's been nothing better on, but it does fascinate me to see how they've gone about making the scenery such that the adults look toddler size. They wear baby clothes and sit in highchairs, have a huge stair gate and things.

The Tweenies (BBC - CBeebies) fascinates me for the same reason. They have to make adults in big foam suits look like the attendees of a pre-school. I've noticed the toy stroller is probably a real but cheaper one, which tend to look similar to toy ones.

That's not really anything to do with diapers though. Other than one time, when Doodles the dog needed a bath and there was a bad smell, one of the Tweenies characters asked another Tweenies character (Jake) if he wanted her to take him to 'Judy' (the child-minder) to change his pull-ups! (Jake said it wasn't him and then they noticed Doodles needed a bath). Wasn't expecting that though! Made me giggle.

Last edited by a moderator:

Nicky

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Carer
I'm ganna have to go with the movie "Who Framed Roger Rabbit", the first 5-10 minutes of the movie. Baby Herman (my avatar) is going throughout the cartoon scene as a toddler, then the scene ends, he moves into the 'real world'. You find out this 'baby' is really a 40 year old man that just looks like a toddler.

I dont know..it might sound really lame the way I just explained but...so just go watch the first 10 minutes of the movie:)

Rheeer

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Sissy
  3. Carer
I forgot all about it, but the Garbage Pail Kids trading cards I used to collect as a kid were filled with diaper references. Looking at some of the cards, I think I remember that's where some of my curiosity started.

E

Elli

Just remembered one of the 'Like that time when...' flashbacks on Family Guy, where Peter recalls the time he decided to wear adult diapers. He walks into the room to tell Lois he's going out and will have his dinner later, and half-way through his sentence he pauses and looks straight ahead for a few moments, then carries on talking casually!

There's also the time Stewie lands in a girl baby's pram and says something about being able to smell she has a poopy diaper, then says, 'Eh, why does that turn me on?'

babibear

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Private
There is an episode of MST3K, The Leech Woman that has all the apes in diapers, I always get a kick outta watching that.

dogboy

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
As a kid I loved the old Tom and Jerry Cartoon where Tom was put into diapers by the little girl who lived in the house.

Gaius

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Private
I remember when I was little my grandma sent a collection of old cartoons or something, and the last one on one of the vhs tapes was where there was an old guy who was a real mean guy to his son, wouldn't let him have a dog or go fishing and whatnot. Then the dad trips on a skate on the stairs and has a dream where gnomes kidnap him and have a trial. Then the guy got sentanced to the youth machine which turned him into a baby. Then he woke up and stopped being a jerk. I remember when I was 6 this was about the coolest thing in the world. I wonder where that tape went.......well I gotta go find it. LOL

Raccoon

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Diaperfur
As a kid I loved the old Tom and Jerry Cartoon where Tom was put into diapers by the little girl who lived in the house.

Yes, absolutely; and the Flintstones ep where Barney was diapered and did not approve. in season 3
• Baby Barney
Fred told his rich Uncle Tex that he has named his child after him, so when Tex comes to visit, Barney agrees to don a diaper to keep Fred in the will. 7/10
Flintstones fans - see DVD Verdict Review - The Flintstones: Season Three also for the excellent essay
Even after the first successful season of The Flintstones, few figured that the prime-time animation trend would last. Of course, it didn't; following up their groundbreaking show proved to be impossible for Hanna-Barbera, and subsequent attempts to create another "adult" hit—Top Cat, Jonny Quest, and even the The Jetsons—made bigger splashes when they were scaled back to Saturday morning for the milk and cereal set. When Fred, Barney, Wilma, and Betty returned for a third season in 1962, however, Hanna-Barbera planned a special television event to help maintain the popularity of The Flintstones, and push the show in a whole new direction.

By the third season, The Flintstones had almost exhausted its usual array of time-tested, classic sitcom plots—overplayed misunderstandings, embarrassing turns of fate, and pratfalls—and its no surprise that many of the episodes on this set, such as "High School Fred" and "Dino Goes to Hollyrock," are essentially retreads from earlier seasons. Although one of the main advantages of animated prime time shows is that characters aren't required to age or grow in any visible way, starting with "The Surprise," Hanna-Barbera introduced a five-episode story arc that fundamentally changed the very dynamic of the show. The birth of Wilma and Fred's baby, Pebbles, in "Dress Rehearsal" became a much hyped television event in 1962, a crafty move that not only guaranteed a big audience for the blessed event, but also helped break The Flintstones a little further away from just an animated knock-off of The Honeymooners to become a cultural phenomenon in its own right.

Of course, astute viewers would have known about Pebbles's impending arrival all season long, with many episodes cleverly foreshadowing her birth. Starting with the seventh episode, "The Little Stranger," viewers are bombarded with a bassinet-full of infant insanity in episodes like "Baby Barney," "Flashgun Freddie," and "The Hero" even before the five famous episodes. The most noticeable effect that Pebbles's arrival had on the show was a fundamental shift in Fred's character, as now he had to become a mature dad—loudmouth blowhard just didn't cut it anymore. Although some episodes like "Mother-In-Law's Visit" and "Carry On, Nurse Fred" hint at the change to come, because the season ended with this arc, the truly proud prehistoric pappy isn't really explored at great length until next season.

What does become apparent this season, however, is that the show has begun incorporating fantastic elements into the plot. Particularly noteworthy are "Barney the Invisible," in which Barney turns invisible for almost the entire episode, and "The Hero," which has Fred's identical twin conscience pull out of his body and steal his dinners. These particular episodes build on the pop culture parodies of the second season, and look forward to the more implausible and over-the-top storylines yet to come, including season six's controversial alien addition, The Great Gazoo.

The shows presented on this DVD look about as good as they do on other Hanna-Barbera releases: good, but not great. This is probably as clean as these old animated shows are going to look on DVD, so get used to the noticeable layer of grain, as well as dirt, scratches, and other source artifacts that frequently show up throughout the set. Color, though, is excellent. Much like the picture quality, the sound is unremarkable but reliable. As a mono TV soundtrack from the 1960s, there are no dynamics to speak of and the music and dialogue occasionally seem a little flat, but Warner Brothers has at least presented them clearly, with minimal distortion. Those that have the first two sets of The Flintstones will find Season Three much on par with the earlier releases. This season is also notable as the point in the series when the last familiar piece fell into place: In "Barney the Invisible," the now-famous "Meet the Flintstones" song finally becomes the show's main theme.

We've seen an evolution in the quality of the extras presented on these Hanna-Barbera box sets since they first started coming out about a year ago, from throwaway bits meant for kids to commentaries and documentaries on more recent releases. The stone-age extras presented on The Flintstones: Season Two were a distinct improvement over the Season One set, but on this release, the quality remains, but the quantity dips severely. First up is "Bedrock Collectibles: Collecting All Things Flintstone," a featurette with cartoonist Scott Shaw showing off his Flintstones paraphernalia. It's a fun, informative piece. This is followed by "First Families of the Stone Age: Spotlight on the Bedrock Wives." I assumed this was going to be a typical fluffy extra, but Jerry Eisenberg, Iwao Takamoto, Earl Kress, and Scott Shaw all return to give well thought out opinions on Betty and Wilma. Last and certainly least is a "limited edition" animation cel that falls out of the digipak and onto the floor pretty much every time I open it.

"The Hero," which has Fred's identical twin conscience pull out of his body and steal his dinners. :D

So let's close the flintsones Lookback with the Screaming Blue Messiahs:

YouTube - Screaming Blue Messiahs - I Wanna Be A Flintstone

Pramrider

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Other
...and sit in highchairs,

...toy stroller is probably a real but cheaper one,

OK Elli, you've got my undivided attention now. ;) Go on about these high chair and stroller sketches. :)

~Pramrider

CalebBunny

Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
  4. Diaperfur
  5. Sissy
Has to be psycho diaper astronaut. =D I got laughs out of that for a good month.

kitsune1912

Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
It doesn't actually have a diaper scene in it. But my favorite is the first Spy Kids

Status
Not open for further replies.