Favorite Car

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Secret

What is your favorite car?
Mine is a 1961 Ferrai California Spyder
It last sold at auction for about 4 million and only 60 were ever made.

Verscha

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Private

Lotus Esprit. No other reason than it being a really, really beautiful car.

I'm also quite keen on the R32 Nissan Skyline GT-R.

B

Butterfly Mage

I really liked my old Civic Hybrid until the IMA battery bit the dust. Then we got a Scion xD and I really like that car too. It's cute, little, has a good sound system, and was very inexpensive.

NEJay

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
I don't think I could pick a "favorite" car, as you can't really compare a Mercer Raceabout Type 35J:

To an Ariel Atom:

I also have a thing for oddball cars... Especially ones from the '80-early '90s. :D Who can resist the allure of a Giugiaro-designed Subaru XT6:

With it's totally awesome steering wheel:

Or one of my all-time favorites (I've owned 3 so far), the VW Corrado:

I could fill a book with the cars I like. :smile:

ballucanb

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Private
I don't think you guys need to ask me about this

It's in my driveway here but in my garage out back of my house now!

Mandy

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Private
Jeep Wrangler!!! gahh my favorite hands down!!!! i dont care it flips easily i still love it!

hopefully i getting one when im 16

Lowie

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
  4. Diaperfur
  5. Carer
My top 10

10. Honda S2000 - Its quick, its good on gas, its easy to tune. nuff' said
9. Mazda Miata - Quick, sporty nimble car, also great on gas, easy to tune.
8. Mazda RX7 - Who doesn't like rotary's?
7. Toyota Supra - The all mighty 2JZGTE.
6. Buick Grand National/GNX - Can't beat a turbocharged "muscle" car. Good on gas
5. VW Corrado - Just nice
4. Chevrolet Malibu - The car that became the Chevelle in the 60's. (I own an 81' Malibu)
3. Chevrolet Camaro - An american icon.
2. Audi R8 - My favorite Euro ride.
1. Chevrolet Chevelle SS 454 LS6 - How can you not like this? one of the most powerful muscle cars ever made, plus its just amazing.

This list defines my top ten cars I'd love to own any day of the week and it was tough for me to make as theres alot of cars out there I like and lets face it, every car is made for one specific reason.

S

Secret

I want to design my own car/build my own one.

that will be my favorito.

Same here I am looking for a kit car but instead I might end up restoring an old WWII willys jeep when I find a cheap one and have the cash.

I WANT THAT!

ballucanb

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Private
Iknow of a guy here who restores those old army jeeps and WWII army vehicles, he has a few on display in the Smithsonian, he restores them right down to the correct bolts and they have to be perfect.

He does a car now and then, just for himself then he gets tired of it and sells it, a nice guy also.

Footed P.J.

Banned
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I like the aforementioned XT6. I also loved the BMW 320i, and the SAAB 99 (a family friend had one in bright orange).

Lowie

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
  4. Diaperfur
  5. Carer
Same here I am looking for a kit car but instead I might end up restoring an old WWII willys jeep when I find a cheap one and have the cash.

My uncle has a military jeep. Its not a Willys Jeep but one of the ones Bombardier built in the 80's. That thing is such a blast to go messing around in

SteveC1981

Contributor
Role
  1. Other
  2. Private
An interesting side note to that car...

Another one (a red roadster) became infamous in the 1986 movie "Ferris Bueller's Day Off". For those unfamiliar with the plot...it's about a kid who decides to skip school one day and convinces his hypochondriac best friend to go out to downtown Chicago with him. Problem is...he has no car (his 16th birthday present was computer). So...he ends up convincing his best friend to "borrow" his father's Ferrari. In the end, the Ferrari "accidentally" gets backed through a plate-glass window into a ravine, totaling it.

For some still shots (and to likely to record the sound of the Ferrari V12), an actual 1961 Ferrari 250 GT California was used. However, since such a car was worth close to a million dollars back in late 1985 (yes, for real), the high-speed driving cars and the car that drove through the window were stunt cars with fiberglass bodies made to look as close to the real thing as possible.

What is your favorite car?
Mine is a 1961 Ferrari California Spyder
It last sold at auction for about 4 million and only 60 were ever made.

S

Secret

What about the Porshe Spdyer ?

Same model of car that James Dean died in actualy supposedley his car is now haunted and it disapeared like 10 years afte rhis death wierd huh?

ballucanb

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Private
Porshe, nice car but to me is just an over rated VW that go's fast and the parts have to be imported so the repairs/parts, are outragously priced.

Status
Not open for further replies.