Favorite beer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

NEJay

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
Just figured i'd see if anybody here had for likes in the beer department. I'm an avid fan of weird and unique beers myself, and try to get something new every time I stock up.

As for me, my #1 favorite was Red Hook Double Black stout.

But they stopped making it a few years ago, as apparently the brewer that made the recipe had a disagreement with Red Hook, quit, and took his recipe with him. Sucks, because I loved the stuff. Dark yet easy to drink, with lots of coffee flavor and a hint of chocolate.

Now, my favorite has to be the Harvest Ale brewed by John Harvard's, a small chain of brewery/restaurants here in MA. It's a pumpkin ale, but isn't sickeningly sweet, like the ones from Harpoon and others. They serve it in a cinnamon rimmed glass, too. It's only served in the fall, but it's a must-have when they've got it on tap.

Anyways, how about everyone else... What are some of your favorites?

Role
Private
After a highly drunken last Friday night, I don't think I can stand to look at beer right about now... >_<

However, at the moment I have a taste for Stella Artois.

Nicky

Est. Contributor
Role
Carer
hmm..i'm pretty new to the whole beer thing. but...

i love me some Magic Hat #9

Nicky

Est. Contributor
Role
Carer
Smirnoff is the only beer I don't have to force myself to drink.
not to get to picky, but i'm not sure if thats even considered beer? (dont quote me on this, like i said, i'm still fairly new to the beer world)

closet dl

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
Hmmm, I would have to refer to New Belgium Brewery, but it would be a toss-up between almost any of their "special" brews. Fat Tire is good, but it is basically the crap they make so they can get enough money to brew other really good beers.

By the way, still waiting on availability in Ohio.

Lienenklugel's Sunset Wheat is also tasty.

Darkfinn

Banned
Role
Diaper Lover, Incontinent,
My current favorite is Abita Purple Haze. It's a wheat beer brewed with a hint of raspberry juice... very good stuff.

Honestly I will drink just about any beer I can get my hands on. I do enjoy a good pint of Guiness occasionally... Killians Irish Red is always a good standby if I can't find anything that tickles my particular fancy.

Yuengling Lager or Black & Tan are also up there on my list of favorites.

Role
Diaper Lover
I'm going to go out on a limb and stick with average beers, like my fascha, probably Budweiser or Light.

Peachy

Banned
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Carer
I'll be a pussy here: I don't like pure beer. But mixtures of beer with lemonade are very tasty, because then the bitter taste of beer doesn't come through all that much.
That said, my favorite beer is:

Beck's Green Lemon.

Maybe because I live less than a mile from the brewery? :D I wish they could hook up their production facility to the faucet in my kitchen ;)

Peachy

diapermefast

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Sissy
I dont drink alot of beer, im more of a spirits person, however i dont mind the odd beer Such as Tiger or Cobra. But im mainly into spirts, Jack Daniels, Jagermeister and vodka as long as its good vodka and not the cheap crap! But i am quite open to experiment with new beers and drinks.

DotDotDot

Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
I'll be a pussy here: I don't like pure beer. But mixtures of beer with lemonade are very tasty, because then the bitter taste of beer doesn't come through all that much.
That said, my favorite beer is:

Beck's Green Lemon.

Maybe because I live less than a mile from the brewery? :D I wish they could hook up their production facility to the faucet in my kitchen ;)

Peachy
Agreed, beer has a bitter taste. But if you want to get drunk it's the cheapest way to do it.

d4l

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Sissy, Other
Well i my experience with beer is limited. I don't remember much of the night where I tried a couple different beers so couldn't tell yah. I am fond of mike's hard lemonade though i think thats considered a wine cooler and not a beer.

Darkfinn

Banned
Role
Beer is supposed to be bitter. Most of the time I like it that way. But occasionally I'll throw in a bit of lime juice to sweeten things up... then it goes down like water.

WildThing121675

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Carer
I was preferable to Rolling Rock until Budweiser bought it in '06 and then the bastards changed it a bit. It isn't the same as it was when it was Latrobe Brewing Co. I drink at home, Miller High Life, and other cheapo beers.

At the bar, I drink Lite because it's usually a cheap beer because it's a local sponsor of the university near me.

I know, sponsor of a university. Don't ask. I don't understand it either.

WildThing121675

kevintje

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
heh, I work for the worlds largest beer brewer (the one from stella artois and becks)...

I'm not really a beer fan, but just like peachy, I like mixed beers, and I LOVE snakebite:
(beer with cider and black current) :)

I also like fruitbeer, like this one:

but if I had to drink just regular beer I'd go for jupiler:

Darkfinn

Banned
Role
heh, I work for the worlds largest beer brewer (the one from stella artois and becks)...
So you work for the SOBs that bought out Bud. I'm glad I'm not a huge Bud fan... but seeing another American icon bought out by a multinational conglomerate saddens me.

tedster

Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
Can't beat a nice pint of Newcastle Brown, but nothing hits the spot on a friday evening like a cold pint of Becks. Hmmmm.

F

FullMetal

I like beer. But it has to be up to par. As for my favorite, thats an easy one:

Hoegaarden takes the cake. If you have not tried this beer, I really recommend it. Really smooth, nice taste. Just an all around favorite for me.

FullMetal

Status
Not open for further replies.