Not open for further replies.

baby_mike

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Sissy
  4. Other
What do you use and or like the most for Internet Security.

Lately I have been trying something new. COMODO Anti-Virus/Firewall. So far its good, but the firewall can get annoying and fast. It pops up about almost anything till it learns your computer (guess thats a good thing). It hasn't let me down yet.

But usually I use Antivir, CCleaner, and Outpost Firewall

Last edited:

Siege89

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
I roll with out a firewall... Or anit Virus.....

But I do take steps towards protecting my self.

1. never buy online with my main laptop.
2. Diff email for my paypal and such. Only used on ym 2nd laptop
3. Dont open emails unless I know 110% what they are
4. Back up all my stuff onto a USB HDD

DannyTheNinja

Banned
Role
  1. Private
Anti-Virus: not logging in as root
Firewall: iptables/ipfw

Oh, right.

AVG Anti-Virus, Spybot S&D anti-spyware, Sunbelt Kerio Firewall, but I haven't used Windows in years so... yeah.

--Danny :ninja:

Siege89

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
Anti-Virus: not logging in as root
Firewall: iptables/ipfw

Oh, right.

AVG Anti-Virus, Spybot S&D anti-spyware, Sunbelt Kerio Firewall, but I haven't used Windows in years so... yeah.

--Danny :ninja:

Those are all great products I have used them all before. Aswell as other main stream stuff like Norten, Mcafee, and Trend Micro. But seem like if your getting a virus well your getting lol. Nothing you can really do about the naste one's

Pojo

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Private
Spybot is the only one that I actually use to scan anything. Some other things I have installed are...McAfee, Norton, and uh...Some others on my other computer that I can't remember

Point

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Little
My favorite anti-virus is Avast. I don't have a favorite anti-firewall program.

Kyler

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Little
Norton 360. Works very well, though, like all the others, is vulnerable to the really new and nasty stuff.

timmahtherebel

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Private
I, personally use AVG Free Edition, along with Windows Defender and Windows Firewall + the Firewall on my router, secured with WPA2 AES Encryption..

Usually I would roll without anti-virus but since I've been downloading a lot of torrents lately I decided better be safe than sorry...

ZombifiedKitty

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
  4. Carer
  5. Other
I use Panda Cloud to defend the spare laptop since I don't keep anything important on it, its backed up by my desktop which uses ESET Smart Security.

I've had Norton and McAfee get uninstalled by a couple hackers that liked to use my old comcast IP's as proxies.

For other freebies I still use Hijack This for cleaning.

Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
Avast for Windows, plus the whole not logging in as root thing; My Tomato router does an excellent job as firewall. Oh yeah, and most of my internet stuff is done on my ubuntu laptop.

Grutzvalt

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
Avast is best. Some say that the Home (free) version is a crippled crapware version of the full paid version...Obviously, that's not true. The only important difference is the license, one gets your business sued, the other one just wastes the home user's money.

That, plus, Avast has a boot scanner, which scans before Windows starts (where chkdsk would run), which gives it an edge over pretty much everything. It checks for updates every 4 hours, AVG only updates once a day, so if you miss the update, you have to wait until tomorrow. You have a huge amount of control over the parts of Avast's protection (P2P, IM, etc).

Point

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Little
Avast is best.

I like Avast because it tells me when I'm being stupid. :detective3

The only thing I don't like about it are all the false positives it brings up with programs that I've used for a long time.

bgi39jsjw0ggg

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Well, I don't have many windows machines on my network, and I was planning on putting up a complete rundown of my security setup, but I doubt anyone wants to hear about it. Basically, my best firewall is facing the world and protects me from anything coming in, and I use OpenDNS. I have some basic firewalls on all my machines internally - usually just whatever default is available through the OS. EG: Windows Firewall, iptables, etc. As for antivirus, I have ClamAV running on my fileserver and AVG running on my single actual Windows box.

Other than taking some basic protections for yourself, the best security is running Firefox with NoScript to keep hacked webpages from loading things on your system you don't want and being smart about what you bring in yourself.

As anyone in security can tell you, the weakest part in every system is the user, so your best defense is being a smart user.

Grutzvalt

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
I like Avast because it tells me when I'm being stupid. :detective3

The only thing I don't like about it are all the false positives it brings up with programs that I've used for a long time.

I hate that...I was trying to grab a password cracker because my good friend thought he should start using 10+ character passwords and the idiot didn't write it down...Guess who got to fix it? Every single good cracker came up as a false positive, which really was pissing me off. I went through the settings and turned off web shield+added *.exe to the exception for scanner.

Status
Not open for further replies.