Fav. Web Browser

Status
Not open for further replies.

baby_mike

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Sissy, Other
Whats your fav. web browser. I have a feeling most people are going to sayFirefox. That was mine untill it started crashing, so I switched to Opera and I like it a lot better.

BitterGrey

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Babyfur, Other
Seamonkey, based on the Mozilla codebase, but with the original html editor intact.

baby_mike

Est. Contributor
Role
eah..I'm not to crazy about seamonkey

DannyTheNinja

Banned
Role
Private
Firefox. Hands down. Why?

First of all I'm a Linux user. The latest builds of Firefox (3.0.1) seem as stable as you can get under both Ubuntu and Fedora. Most of the time when it crashes, it's due to a closed-source third-party plugin like Flash. And I've never seen Firefox 3 crash under Windows XP.

Second, I do a lot of work as a web developer, and Firebug (+ FirePHP and YSlow) make for a really powerful combo. There is one bug in Firebug itself that's annoying me at the moment, though.

Third, Firefox is open source so the community can work to fix it. I know most mainstream users don't care about it a whole lot, especially Windows users, but personally I consider it very important because not having the freedoms associated with open source means that I can't hack it and potentially compatibility problems down the road. (For example, VMware Server 1.0.x doesn't run at all on Ubuntu Hardy.)

--Danny :ninja:

jeep

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
Safari is my favorite. i hate firefox. Also, I have sweet spot for IE 6.

mm3

Est. Contributor
Role
Carer, Other

First of all I'm a Linux user. The latest builds of Firefox (3.0.1) seem as stable as you can get under both Ubuntu and Fedora. Most of the time when it crashes, it's due to a closed-source third-party plugin like Flash. And I've never seen Firefox 3 crash under Windows XP.

Second, I do a lot of work as a web developer, and Firebug (+ FirePHP and YSlow) make for a really powerful combo. There is one bug in Firebug itself that's annoying me at the moment, though.

Third, Firefox is open source so the community can work to fix it. I know most mainstream users don't care about it a whole lot, especially Windows users, but personally I consider it very important because not having the freedoms associated with open source means that I can't hack it and potentially compatibility problems down the road. (For example, VMware Server 1.0.x doesn't run at all on Ubuntu Hardy.)

--Danny
I'm with Dan 100% on this -- I agree completely with ya here. I've only had FF3 crash once on me, which was indeed because of a 3rd party plugin, so not FF's fault.

Although FF on the Mac is horrid. Safari wins hands down on the fruit.

chevre

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover

:whs0be:

Role
Diaper Lover, Babyfur, Carer, Other
Firefox definitely, I really don't like Opera and find that people that do are trying to be 'different.'

Quoted for shared opinion and truth.

d4l

Est. Contributor
Role
Firefox. Though not too long ago i would have said safari but they messed it up after a new update.

Pojo

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
Was IE, until I got Firefox...I love the password storage thing, the spell check, and the quick links you can add

Lowie

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Babyfur, Diaperfur, Carer
Firefox. It's just too good.

Martin

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Little

QFE

Also the addons are really good for FF.

Pramrider

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Other
I found FireFox works well when I'm on ADISC. In fact, to edit posts I always switch over to a laptop which has FF loaded. The on loan computer I normally use for work (and posting) has been locked for downloads by my employer, so I'm stuck with MSN for a browser. I have a fit trying to edit posts for some reason with MSN as the browser.

~Pramrider

Kip

Banned
Role
Diaper Lover
I don't really have a favorite, it's more that I have never tried any others. Since the day I first got online, I have used Internet Explorer, first version six, then I upgraded to version 7.

Status
Not open for further replies.