• Please go to your preferences page and make sure your "See Mature Topics" setting is set. Setting it to "Yes" means you see the Mature Topics forum (contains political and religious debates). Setting it to "No" means you do not see those threads.

Farewell folks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mysterious

Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Sissy
Well, I think I'm on my way out as well. I may lurk once in a while, but I'm out. I just don't like how this place has become. I don't post a whole lot to begin with anyway. May be for good, not sure yet. Either way, later everyone.

Dream

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, , Carer
Well Bye and I can't blame you....I'd been thinking about leaving too until this place get back to normal.

avery

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
i think a lot of people are leaving, and i don't blame them. some of the thing that have been happening on this site lately are pretty depressing.

take care zyph, and keep in touch. i'll miss you. :(

Ultima

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Sissy
Well I do have to say it's a shame to see you go, we've had some pretty good talks/discussions on IRC. But I guess when you feel you need to go, it's best to do what you think is best. Take care in all you do, I wish ya nothing but the best =]

Peachy

Banned
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Carer
Beats me why people feel the need to leave rather than to help improving the site. If this place means so much to you the way it was before, or the way it could be, why do you just drop it like a hot potato rather than taking the time to make it better?

Peachy

Kovy

is back, baby!
Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Little, Carer
No! I'm sad to hear that. Well, I hope you'll visit sometime.

I'm glad I knew you on here.

skinnypuppy

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
Everybody's different. Some feel the changes as alienating, others as stimulating. Each member can make choices independently of others, so some are staying and some are going. To you, Zyph, and any others, I wish good health and internet peace.

Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Babyfur
oh noes new people are coming in our clubhouse, lets leave and not give them a chance to learn or change ....drama /sigh

Nexeon

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
Goodbye Zyph, well hopefully not. With a little luck, I should still see you on msn and skype plenty.

Trevor

Est. Contributor
Role
You've taken a couple extended vacations in the past (with good reason) and I hope you'll be back after this one as well. I think we need the not very active posters too, and I'll miss seeing your scary dog avatar. Hope you'll at least still pop up in IRC from time to time.

B

Butterfly Mage

Z, I have to admit that the VIP drama made me feel pretty darned unwelcome too. I've noticed that almost *ALL* of the people leaving are VIPs with REP in the 10-30 range. I don't think that's a coincidence. The clique that I term "the inner circle" spent three weeks straight bemoaning how 90% of the membership is "unworthy" and how the "inner circle" needs to put up additional rings of defense between them and us.

The mods screwed up. They should never let morale get this bad this fast.

ADISC isn't supposed to be a site that caters to the dozen or so people with REP+50 / 12+Month. But you wouldn't know it given the atmosphere around here lately.

What I humbly invite you to do is maybe drop by in six weeks to see if the drama has cooled down to some acceptable level.

Peachy

Banned
Role
Z, I have to admit that the VIP drama made me feel pretty darned unwelcome too. I've noticed that almost *ALL* of the people leaving are VIPs with REP in the 10-30 range. I don't think that's a coincidence. The clique that I term "the inner circle" spent three weeks straight bemoaning how 90% of the membership is "unworthy" and how the "inner circle" needs to put up additional rings of defense between them and us.

ADISC isn't supposed to be a site that caters to the dozen or so people with REP+50 / 12+Month. But you wouldn't know it given the atmosphere around here lately.

What I humbly invite you to do is maybe drop by in six weeks to see if the drama has cooled down to some acceptable level.
Would you mind leaving rep out of this discussion? Part of the drama is people complaining about rep all the time and in every (unrelated) thread!

Peachy

Banned
Role
So... we have identified a problem. There is a solution ya' know?
The solution is to take discussions about rep to a separate thread (of which we have had and still have many!).

Darkfinn

Banned
Role
Diaper Lover, Incontinent,
Yet none of those threads seem to solve anything... do they? What is the logic behind having a discussion if little is done to address the real issue? It's like using a bandaid on a broken arm. You may feel better for a minute, but the problem is just going to rear its ugly head again soon.

Maverick

Est. Contributor
Role
Other
So long, Zyph. You're right, you didn't post very much, but when you did, it was often insightful. Hopefully you'll be back on ADISC once the drama has cooled down. I'm glad to have gotten to know you. See you on AIM. :)

Raccoon

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Diaperfur,
Well, I think I'm on my way out as well. I may lurk once in a while, but I'm out. I just don't like how this place has become. I don't post a whole lot to begin with anyway. May be for good, not sure yet. Either way, later everyone.
Well Bye and I can't blame you....I'd been thinking about leaving too until this place get back to normal.
i think a lot of people are leaving, and i don't blame them. some of the thing that have been happening on this site lately are pretty depressing. :(
I had been complaining lately (esp in chat) about the exodus of many people I liked, unique voices of long standing whose presence really added to the character of Adisc. Each had their own particular reasons to go but I thought I was seeng a trend: turns out I was.

Now elsewhere I have written that growth means change, and inevitably, differences will arise between TBDL and ADISC, or early ADISC and latter ADISC; and some of them may expose dangers to the site, mostly in its becoming unmanageable. Blame is not the issue, catching problems early and fixing them, or adapting to new conditions is the optimal approach.
see

Which is why it's great to be able to ask two people thinking of leaving and one who doesn't blame them to please elaborate on what is wrong with with Adisc; seeing who you are, folks who've been around, are respected, and know how to make a point, I know you could express yourselves lucidly and drama-less. And there would be much value in hearing what you have to say.

Please, before you sail off into the Grey havens (or drink the koolaid) please give your take on what would make you consider leaving. Please PM me if you would rather not post it.

Leaving is still a permanent move, I take it. This is understandable because of moral hazard: if we let people leave and come back easily there would be no end of drama. So please reconsider before you go.

Last edited:

mizzycub

Est. Contributor
Role
Zyph, it's a real shame to see you go, and I'm so glad that I'll still be able to talk to you over MSN. Those people who will never get to know you will lose out far more. And the people who will never get to see your contributions.

Hope that one day you decide to come back so we can see what you have to say again!

DannyTheNinja

Banned
Role
Private
Beats me why people feel the need to leave rather than to help improving the site. If this place means so much to you the way it was before, or the way it could be, why do you just drop it like a hot potato rather than taking the time to make it better?

Peachy
My suggestion is to ban everyone who's gotten more than 2 legit neg-reps in the past 6 months and close registration completely.

Oh, you don't think it will happen either?

--Danny :ninja:

B

Butterfly Mage

Closing registration would pretty much doom this site. If people leave an no new people are allowed to come in, you'd have a double-digit membership in short order and that would be really boring.

Banning someone with REP-2 in a 180 day period? That's kinda harsh. In a thriving community, most people are bound to say something that offends someone else every once in a while. REP-2 could happen in 180 seconds if someone goofs up and two different people both issue a REP-1.

Status
Not open for further replies.