Fallout series, 3, New vegas, 4.

SuperMutant

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
  3. Other
Hi,
I have been playng the fallout series of pc games for years. I never complete the games as I am into adding mods that expand the game. Is there anyone else playing these games?

Reactions: Jonnythepony
I use to play New Vegas, but became very frustrated with constant game crashes.

I also played 2 until the story line became boring and I lost interest in continuing.

I've played 3 / 4 & New Vegas, loved them all,
I still play 4 now and then.

I've played 3,4,NV and 76. NV and 4 are my favourites. 76 is not worth bothering with.

The shear amount of mods my games have I could never play vanilla again!

It is good to see some gamers here. apart from the crashes and glitches if you can find workarounds they are awesome. Rumour has it the the next installment will improve on settlement building as that aspect of fallout 4 was a winner. I think they may be changing the armour as they over complicated things in 4. I hav played Skyrim, elder Scrolls, The witcher but keep returning to fallout.

SuperMutant said:
It is good to see some gamers here. apart from the crashes and glitches if you can find workarounds they are awesome. Rumour has it the the next installment will improve on settlement building as that aspect of fallout 4 was a winner. I think they may be changing the armour as they over complicated things in 4. I hav played Skyrim, elder Scrolls, The witcher but keep returning to fallout.
I don’t think the armor was over complicated at all. As a matter of fact I think it’s the best so far. I do miss the old DR/DT of F:NV.

I'm planning on recording a Fallout 4 playthrough for YouTube today actually! It's a permadeath, no healing run and I'm super excited to check it out. I was originally going to try it with New Vegas but compared to Fallout 4 my NV knowledge is really lacking and after the recording I TRIED to do for NV was really badly audio balanced I figured that was a sign I should go back to 4.

4 is definitely my favorite out of all the games, but surprisingly I seem to be one of the few people who actually enjoys Fallout: Tactics. Don't get me wrong, I like New Vegas (I always joke that one day I'm gonna marry Benny), but I feel way more drawn to everything the Commonwealth has to offer me :) Also MacCready has the same voice actor as one of my other all-time favorite video game characters and the voices are so similar in my head that it always makes me super happy to hear him talk even if I don't take him out of Sanctuary very much.

Reactions: SuperMutant
Survival options and Fallsouls mod are two great mods. Survival options I’ll make it so I can do massive amounts of damage but also die very easily because so does the AI. Makes it more realistic and forces you to use tactics. Fallsouls removes the game pause from menus like the PipBoy!

valsroom said:
I'm planning on recording a Fallout 4 playthrough for YouTube today actually! It's a permadeath, no healing run and I'm super excited to check it out. I was originally going to try it with New Vegas but compared to Fallout 4 my NV knowledge is really lacking and after the recording I TRIED to do for NV was really badly audio balanced I figured that was a sign I should go back to 4.

4 is definitely my favorite out of all the games, but surprisingly I seem to be one of the few people who actually enjoys Fallout: Tactics. Don't get me wrong, I like New Vegas (I always joke that one day I'm gonna marry Benny), but I feel way more drawn to everything the Commonwealth has to offer me :) Also MacCready has the same voice actor as one of my other all-time favorite video game characters and the voices are so similar in my head that it always makes me super happy to hear him talk even if I don't take him out of Sanctuary very much.
What's your youtube channel?

DiscreetDL said:
What's your youtube channel?

The name is either ganvio or ganvioyt, it's been a while since I logged in (these Fallout videos are supposed to be my return since I lost my motive and only just got it back).

Reactions: DiscreetDL
valsroom said:

I am too old to old to get around making gaming vids. Let us know when you do.

Reactions: valsroom
Beowulf said:
I don’t think the armor was over complicated at all. As a matter of fact I think it’s the best so far. I do miss the old DR/DT of F:NV.
It is the crafting aspects that gave me the sh**s. Also, each piece had a different name.

Hey, finally able to slide this here :D! Sorry about my voice, it's a bit high ^^;

Reactions: DiscreetDL
fallout 5 is coming :)
But sadly not for a long time, Bugthesda are finishing off starfield and then making elder scrolls 6 and then fallout 5

GigglyKid said:
But sadly not for a long time, Bugthesda are finishing off starfield and then making elder scrolls 6 and then fallout 5
That's great news! After the Fallout 76 tragedy of a game they really need a win. Ive been a big Bethesda fan for a long time and after 76 I was worried they were going the way of Blizzard. Making crappy new games and pretending they are awesome then getting angry at the customers because they dont like them.

Reactions: GigglyKid
I like the fallout series. I never played the first two Fallouts, but I got Fallout 3 right on the release date and enjoyed the hell out of it on Xbox 360. Then once I built my first gaming pc in 2011, I got New Vegas which was even more impressive. I played through all of Fallout 3's DLC no problem, but unfortunately in New Vegas there was one DLC I kept having crashes while trying to finish. I forget which one, but I remember the starting point was at a drive-in theater. Even with the unofficial new vegas patch...

Fallout 4, in my opinion, was boring. It didn't have the spark that Fallout 3 and New Vegas had for me. I got bored halfway through the gameplay, because the story was so dull. It really felt like a chore going through the storyline. I also couldn't care less for the settlement construction. I wish you could hand off those duties to the NPCs and you just brought them materials, I would've preferred that. I never played Fallout 76 and don't plan to. My hope is that Fallout 5 will be better than 4

GigglyKid said:
And let us not forget the rumoured New Vegas 2..as Microsoft own Obsidian as well as Bethesda, I can see it happening.

Reactions: GigglyKid
Furrytum said:
And let us not forget the rumoured New Vegas 2..as Microsoft own Obsidian as well as Bethesda, I can see it happening.
yes, when microsoft took ownership of bethesda i was hoping Obsidian may be allowed to make the next fallout as they have show interest in doing so and bethesda have their hands full,
and still hoping it may be a thing, if bethesda make the next fallout we're not going to see it for 10 - 15 years and from what i understand Obsidian haven't got alot going on and they did a great job on NV despite bethesda fking them over and not giving them time to finish or polish the game fully.

Reactions: Furrytum
Saltedcaramel64 said:
That's great news! After the Fallout 76 tragedy of a game they really need a win. Ive been a big Bethesda fan for a long time and after 76 I was worried they were going the way of Blizzard. Making crappy new games and pretending they are awesome then getting angry at the customers because they dont like them.
same here, I never played 76 and i was even offered a free copy, but just didn't want to play that train wreck of a game. 76 should have been taken the the desert and buried next to that ET game and never show the light of day again lol.
I do worry for starfield coming out on that 30 year old broken engine. they did say they was going to make a new one but decided to "update" the old one instead, to me it don't matter how much gaffa tape you put on a broken engine its still an outdated broken pile of crap, and 76 showed just how broken it really was.
I'll be interested to see how starfield gos.

Back