eyeOS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Corri

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Babyfur, Incontinent, Carer
eyeOS is a new kind of Operating System, where everything resides on a web browser. With eyeOS, you will have have your desktop, applications and files always with you, from your home, your college, your office or your neightboor's house. Just open a web browser, connect to your eyeOS System and access your personal desktop and all your stuff just like you left it last time.
This has many advantages for this site.
Number 1: The TB/DL content on everyones computers can be taken off and stored in one place so no one risks getting found with it. Lets say someone wants their story uploaded, but doesn't have time to. Someone can the the text file off the "public" file and upload it on their behalf. This system also has a built in web browser so that way your history isn't saved to your computer, WITHOUT using a proxy.
Your visits to ADISC would be inconspicuous and look like this on your standard browser: http://www.adisc.org/os

Would you guys like to see this on the site? It can be uploaded on to this server since it is PHP compatible.

Mods: add a poll if you think its needed

Moo

ADISC Admin
Staff
Role
Private
I don't think this is a good idea. IMHO, one of the ADISC server's best defences is that there is very little personal data stored on here. This means that anyone investigating it would note that it isn't worth attacking - it has high security but little valuable data to protect.
I worry that, if people started using a service like this to store their desktops on ADISC, that it would make ADISC more of a target for hackers. I also worry about the idea of installing code I have not personally reviewed onto the server.

Raccoon

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Diaperfur,
Yes, it is comforting to know if we get attacked it is only because of our subject matter. That is to say, an attack on the site doesn't endanger the members. We are an important part of the world-wide recreational diaper community but we are a small site compared to many. There are so many diaper sites hopefully the risk of attack is spread out over all them. I would not mind if there was an alert system, so if one diaper site was attacked the others would be alerted... Is it a stretch to imagine that a dedicated person or group might devote itself to taking down diaper sites systematically, one by one?

First they came for Deeker. But I wasn't interested in child sightings, so I did nothing. Then they came for Diaper_sissies; but I wasn't a sissy so I did nothing. Then they came for Gaydiaperboys but I wasn't gay so I did nothing. Then they came for me - and there was nobody left.
(The original was about WWII... "First they came for the Jews, and I did nothing... Then they came for the Poles... etc.)

This is off-topic, but I want to point out that in addition to 5 million Jews, the Nazis exterminated an equal number of Gays, Gypsys, Slavs, Jehova's Witnesses... Nobody seems to remember them...

Status
Not open for further replies.