Extreme Storage (High Temps & Diapers)

neophyte

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I've been meaning to share this just for the sake of knowledge. Over the summer I stored my diapers in my attic where the temps exceed 50 degrees C / 120 F all summer long...

I had unopened packs of diapers and and exposed diapers in the attic; Rearz, Tykables, NappiesRUS, My Diaper etc... I used these diapers all summer and still do today.

All diapers survived and the only thing I noticed was that the diapers puffed out a bit, tapes were totally fine and the diapers worked properly.

So if you need a hiding spot, the attic works.

Reactions: RedPandaDL and LilxFawn
it's humidity you have to be careful of as that can cause the SAP to harden, making the nappy useless.

And for those of you that don't know the indicator strips on most adult nappies also responds to sweat. And the ones that use a special ink to show whether or not you are wet have got a nasty habit of leaking the ink onto anything it touches.

I live in Florida (hot and humid most of the year) and have stored cases of diapers in our garage. I took them out of the cardboard boxes and stuffed individual bags into large yard waste plastic bags. No issues.

I had to put all my diapers in a 5X10 storage locker for a couple of years. It gets to 110f here in the summer, and inside the metal storage building, temps get over 150f. Most of the diapers survived, but the tapes were not as good as they had been originally. Oddly, the Dry24X7 (original imports, not the new ones) stopped absorbing. The inner fabric layer became water repellent, and wouldn't let much liquid through into the absorbent material.

Last edited:
Back