Extreme diaper frustration

keepitonDL

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Northshore supreme got discontinued
Comfodry 24/7’s got discontinued
Both of these had a good fit and people liked them I really don’t know why they got discontinued

I had ordered since and found Rearz prior to going through a pack of mega max and confidrys
I decided I’ll go back incrontrol again.

I got the incontrol hybrid in medium
and incontrol +inspire in small.

It seems like nothing is fitting lately , too big in some places too small in others . . My thighs are soft so plastic tends to hurt me sometimes
But around the waist if I lie down in the fetal position the back of the diaper is like sticking out like I could easily shove my hand down.
there’s so much excess plastic like it should be wrapped around my waist
It’s a medium so if I tighten it in the front (even more) I’m just making myself uncomfortable.
Maybe it’s the diaper itself that’s just took bulky for it to make sense. Someone tell me what I’m doing wrong .

P.s i think they changed their plastic on the hybrids and it’s allot thicker . Idk I just want my money back whenever I think about this.

Reactions: tails1234, DLmikey, Davvyboy and 2 others
Oofff. I feel for you. I too lament the loss of those diapers and also the Tena plastic backed ones getting shunned for North American distribution. I totally applaud Rearz for their innovative products and new initiatives but I’ve never found anything that makes my top 5 list. Fit is a huge factor as well for me. Have you tried the ABU Simple Ultra? It’s basically a Peekabu without the printing. They are slightly narrower between the legs and the rest seems to just fit better as a result.

Reactions: keepitonDL
Hi keepitonDL, I too have noted alot of changes on many brands, sizing is way off from one brand to another. I am a medium and have to constantly readjust the tapes.

Reactions: Davvyboy
Subtlerustle said:
Oofff. I feel for you. I too lament the loss of those diapers and also the Tena plastic backed ones getting shunned for North American distribution. I totally applaud Rearz for their innovative products and new initiatives but I’ve never found anything that makes my top 5 list. Fit is a huge factor as well for me. Have you tried the ABU Simple Ultra? It’s basically a Peekabu without the printing. They are slightly narrower between the legs and the rest seems to just fit better as a result.
I could give that a try , maybe I’ve changed and I’m not too keen on overly bulky anymore ? I don’t know

Jorelaxed said:
Hi keepitonDL, I too have noted alot of changes on many brands, sizing is way off from one brand to another. I am a medium and have to constantly readjust the tapes.
I feel like that too , to reduce cost that’s why I went with the hybrid their tapes are hook and loop so you can’t do it as many times as you please but even then I’m struggling to feel “snug” Lel

Reactions: PaddedRita and Jorelaxed
Where did you see that the Supremes were discontinued?

splootbutt said:
Where did you see that the Supremes were discontinued?
I have the same question. I've looked at previous emails from Northshore and their blog, I can't find any mention that the supremes are getting discontinued and they're still available for purchase. If that were the case, I don't know what I would use instead because I've been using supremes pretty much 24/7 for a couple years now and I know they are more dependable than depends. It would be a shame

As far as I recall reading that the supreme light and the supreme in colors are discontinued but the white supremes remain. (Just can't find where I've read it anymore)

Other than the blue, all the other colors are available. Shame. I really liked the blue polka-dots.

Speaking of which, is anyone familiar with both the supreme and supreme air? I ordered a box of the supremes in large and the airs in medium. The large plastic backed supremes fit rather large, the airs barely fit me. I was hoping maybe the plastic backed mediums ran larger.

I haven't noticed any changes regarding sizing here, I live in Europe but I don't know if that makes a difference.

splootbutt said:
Speaking of which, is anyone familiar with both the supreme and supreme air? I ordered a box of the supremes in large and the airs in medium. The large plastic backed supremes fit rather large, the airs barely fit me. I was hoping maybe the plastic backed mediums ran larger.
I've worn both in medium and they both do fine for me. The only problem I have with the air version is that the tapes loosen over time. Those diapers would really benefit from hook and loop tapes, so you can adjust them throughout the day.

keepitonDL said:
Northshore supreme got discontinued
Comfodry 24/7’s got discontinued
Both of these had a good fit and people liked them I really don’t know why they got discontinued

I had ordered since and found Rearz prior to going through a pack of mega max and confidrys
I decided I’ll go back incrontrol again.

I got the incontrol hybrid in medium
and incontrol +inspire in small.

It seems like nothing is fitting lately , too big in some places too small in others . . My thighs are soft so plastic tends to hurt me sometimes
But around the waist if I lie down in the fetal position the back of the diaper is like sticking out like I could easily shove my hand down.
there’s so much excess plastic like it should be wrapped around my waist
It’s a medium so if I tighten it in the front (even more) I’m just making myself uncomfortable.
Maybe it’s the diaper itself that’s just took bulky for it to make sense. Someone tell me what I’m doing wrong .

P.s i think they changed their plastic on the hybrids and it’s allot thicker . Idk I just want my money back whenever I think about this.
That’s all really tough, I can only imagine how frustrating it must be as I know how annoyed I would feel if my favourite diapers were discontinued, as the plastic-backed Tenas we have in Europe are the perfect fit for me.

I haven’t tried that many varieties, so can’t really make any sensible suggestions, but I wish you well and will watch with interest to see what other people recommend. 😊

Reactions: keepitonDL
Chimera said:
I have the same question. I've looked at previous emails from Northshore and their blog, I can't find any mention that the supremes are getting discontinued and they're still available for purchase. If that were the case, I don't know what I would use instead because I've been using supremes pretty much 24/7 for a couple years now and I know they are more dependable than depends. It would be a shame
I was using the supreme lights **

Back