Expired Melatonin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Role
  1. Private
I haven't been having an adiquite amount of sleep lately(probabbly a 5 hour maximum a night for the past month). Its starting to catch up to me. I get stomach aches and colds weekly. So, as opposed to medicine as I am... and with much motivation from my girlfriend, I marched to my cabinet to get my sleeping suppliment i used to take.

To my dismay , it was 6 months expired. Its called melatonin and its natural. I have a question... can expired melatonin hurt me? If the side effects are minor I just might take it. But i dont want to get sick sick... so does anyone have an experience?

Medicine stories?
Sick stories?

What do you think I should do?

thanks guys <3

Wegs

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I don't think it's a good idea to take expired medication.
Can't you buy anymore?

LaramFox

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
  4. Sissy
I Dont Know, My Melatonin's Not Expired Yet, As Far As I'm Aware.

Its Not Purchasable, Wegs? I Had To Get A Perscription For Mine.

Wegs

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Its Not Purchasable, Wegs? I Had To Get A Perscription For Mine.

I didn't know you need a prescription. I'd go to a doctor at your convenience, and see what he says.

chevre

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
6 months really isn't that old. You may want to research it, but generally things only decrease in efficacy. It's not like it instantly goes bad on the expiration date.

When I was much younger I had really severe asthma. During my teen years, it would flair up on occasion, but not that often. Sometimes it had been years since I had a problem, and I had to grab an inhaler that was several years expired. I never had any problems, and it still seemed to work okay.

Of course, it's been a good number of years since I had any real asthma symptoms. If I had a problem now I'd be kind of screwed haha.

LaramFox

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
  4. Sissy
I didn't know you need a prescription.

Well, Its Pretty Strong Stuff, Knocks You Out For 13 Hours If You Take 2, And "Groggy" After, As My Mum Puts It. 1 Has The Same Effect, But Your Not Really "Groggy" After.

So Yes, Its Not Stuff You Can Just Go And Buy From A Pharmacy. At Least, Not Mine.

Box:

"Bio-Melatonin, 3mg Tablets"

Wegs

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Sorry. I didn't know Melatonin was powerful enough to do that.

LaramFox

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
  4. Sissy
Sorry. I didn't know Melatonin was powerful enough to do that.

Why "Sorry" I'm Just Informing You...? Its Not Exactly Like I'm Telling You Off For Saying To Buy More? :D

Role
  1. Private
you dont need a percription in my state

im just unable to drive

lol im kind of ocd about not getting sick because i have standerdized testing coming up >< so im aprehensive about taking it

im trying hard to fall asleep lol im pistening to a history podcast.... but all its accomplished is giving me a hheadache

LaramFox

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
  4. Sissy
Well, If You Take The Melatonin, It Could Make You Very Sick. If You Go Buy Some, Then You'll Be Alright. Take A Bus? Taxi? Walk?

chevre

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Go to librivox and download the recording of the communist manifesto and listen to it while you fall asleep. Yes, yes, the communist manifesto each night :educate:.

Role
  1. Private
Well, If You Take The Melatonin, It Could Make You Very Sick. If You Go Buy Some, Then You'll Be Alright. Take A Bus? Taxi? Walk?

lets just say my neighbors have cows... i need a ride lol
im in the rural area of MA

Go to librivox and download the recording of the communist manifesto and listen to it while you fall asleep. Yes, yes, the communist manifesto each night :educate:.

im learning about hitler...ish
im listening to it while im reading other things
lmao

Last edited by a moderator:

Raccoon

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Diaperfur

Ignore this. There is a risk of insanity, and risk of dependency.

I say watch the Nightly Business Report instead. (May cause nightmares though.)

Role
  1. Private
Ignore this. There is a risk of insanity, and risk of dependency.

I say watch the Nightly Business Report instead. (May cause nightmares though.)
oh the horror the horror:wallbash:
im reading the outsiders
but im loosing intrest because this is the 3rd time ive read it

LaramFox

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
  4. Sissy
Lol. Look, Just, Hit Yourself Over The Head With A Hammer! (Jk)

Well, If You Have Neighbours, (THAT ARENT COWS) Ask Them For A Lift There?

Role
  1. Private
I would have thought that having 5 hours sleep a night for a month would make you sleep like a brick as soon as you laid down.

B

BabyWolf

Anything expired that long ago should not be taken. If a medication with a long shelf life expired just a few days ago, then it's still within safe limits. But 6 months is far too long. Bacteria and stuff can start to grow in it, or the chemical makeup can change, rendering it dangerous.

Emileigh

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
I've taken expired meds before, and it just didn't work as good, I didn't get sick.

Status
Not open for further replies.