Experiences with Canadian FlexDelivery Service

slimjiminy

Diabetes, type-2
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Incontinent
I am moving to an apartment in the near future. This has me wondering what experiences people have with the Canadian FlexDelivery service. The one negative I see is that the shipper has to be willing to ship to a P.O. Box (some won't). One complaint I have seen is that they didn't get the email notification when the shipment arrived.

Anyone using this service for diaper supplies?

See https://www.canadapost-postescanada...eiving/alternative-delivery/flexdelivery.page

Last edited:

Blacksmith

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I have not.
But when i lived in an apartment I just used the address of my building and put the unit number in the 2nd line.
and they would either leave them outside of my door as I was next to the mailboxes or they would card for pickup,
and I would have to go the post office to pick them up.

neophyte

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Little
Yes I have used it with Rearz and Agecomfort.

They will ship using Canada post, you’ll get a tracking number and you can track it to see when it’s ready for pick up.

I ship to a Canada Post inside a Shoppers Drug Mart.

I go to the desk, give them the tracking number, show my ID, and I’m on my way.

Rearz will not give you free shipping if you use a PO Box (same as flex); I can’t remember if Agecomfort charged for shipping to PO Box.

slimjiminy

Diabetes, type-2
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Incontinent
neophyte said:
Yes I have used it with Rearz and Agecomfort.

They will ship using Canada post, you’ll get a tracking number and you can track it to see when it’s ready for pick up.

I ship to a Canada Post inside a Shoppers Drug Mart.

I go to the desk, give them the tracking number, show my ID, and I’m on my way.

Rearz will not give you free shipping if you use a PO Box (same as flex); I can’t remember if Agecomfort charged for shipping to PO Box.
That is exactly what I hope to do with my suppliers (though not Rearz). That's interesting about the PO Box charge. I'll have to watch for that.

LstNwf

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Other
Thats pretty much the only method of shipping I will use when I purchase big items that have no chance of fitting in my mailbox. (ie diaper cases) As you noted; many companies say they wont ship to P.O. boxes however there are the scattered ones who say that but will ship to a flex delivery address as its technically going to a registered post office and doesnt require actual sorting in a sense. Dont quote me, but I believe since the service is a Canada Post service its not an extra charge on the shipping company. (Mind you Canada Post was recently found to be charging a 40% fuel surchage these days which is an entirely different kettle of fish) and not going to help small business in Canada.

In Canada our options are limited and while I cant speak for Rearz as they have always shipped via UPS to me (You can sign up for a free account and get packages held at a store) and quietly decided that their free shipping didn't include Newfoundland with no reason given, I have used flex delivery for Age Comfort on every order and never had an issue. Go to the desk, show my ID and walk out with my packages. Id recommend checking with the company and confirming their shipping as some do say one thing, but are willing to include other options. If its an available option I recommend it. Better then coming home to find a missing delivery.

Reactions: slimjiminy

LstNwf

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Other
neophyte said:
I can’t remember if Agecomfort charged for shipping to PO Box.

I ordered from them yesterday and there was no charge for shipping to a P.O. box. They have raised their free shipping amount to $100 however.

Reactions: neophyte

DLYUL

Its good to be..........
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Sissy
  4. Carer
I have been using a FlexPost PO Box for a while.
100 plus deliveries over the years from Alixpress to Amazon and a lot in between.
90% of the time it works great.
A recent example of a hicup:
My Shein order went there quickly with no issues. My next order by DHL got stuck at DHL depot and I had to call to redirect to a Staples store.
Regardless of the 10% bugs, I still prefer this option then having my stuff shipped and opened by the neighbours or a porch pirate.

Last edited:
Reactions: LstNwf

RearzJacob

Rep for Rearz.ca & PacifierAddict.com
Company Rep
Role
  1. Adult Baby
I live in an apartment building and don't have any issues with receiving packages. We have one of those parcel lockers from Canada Post where they put a key in your mailbox and then grab your package from the locker. Works perfectly for me.