Experiences with babysitters and diapers as a kid

distract

be the change (hehe)
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
Hey just wondering if anyone has any experiences with babysitters when younger. I was interested in diapers pretty soon after potty training, and I remember one instance pretty well even though I was probably only 4. We had a family friend who wore diapers over so there was a pack in the next room. They themselves must have only been a bit younger than me because I apparently fit them.

One time when I was being looked after around that time, I asked the babysitter if I could wear one, and she actually helped me put one on. I remember walking around with just a diaper and a tshirt and using baby talk. I think this was all under a game of "playing baby", so when I peed in it she did a proper diaper change with me into a dry one.

Pretty soon after I think she realized it was a bit weird and possibly my parents wouldn't like it if they came home to their potty trained preschooler wearing a diaper and acting like a baby, so she made me take it off. Looking back - probably poor judgement on her part (she was probably just a high school kid) but I remember it very fondly.

Anyone else have any memories like this?

Reactions: KidRyan, Gooberology, Blekyss and 2 others
The only people that really babysat me were family relatives, so I never really had any striking memories that involved me wearing diapers. Especially after I was fully potty trained.

When I was four my mom went to work and some of her coworkers suggested a lady that ran a daycare out of her home. I probably can point the blame to at least part of whatever went awry with me to become ABDL to her. She would regularly punish kids who were acting like babies with baby treatment including diapers. One day my mom didn't come to pick me up before lunch like planned, so I was there for grilled cheese sandwiches.

Now I as a kid liked grilled cheese sandwiches, but the monstrous woman must have used white cheddar instead of the kraft singles I grew up with. Being an incoming kindergartner, color matters on food, and I definitely threw a tantrum. She carried me right by a crib and a highchair, but ended up just laying me down on a bed to cry it out and take a nap. Later I found out my mom's good friend at the time stopped taking her kids to her after she found out she had put diapers on her boys several times as punishment.

Definitely not a good babysitter for a kid! I know that definitely affected me later in life.

Last edited:
The worst sitter I had, like the sitter from the movie, happened when I was older. Daddy happened to be near so I reported this sitter to him. He took the sitter to the back year whereupon they had a shouting match. I don't know what happened.

sofiahammerstein said:
She would regularly punish kids who were acting like babies with baby treatment including diapers.
I would have loved the baby treatment including diapers.

Reactions: KidRyan and Blekyss
I never had a babysitter growing up since my mother was pretty much a stay at home mom. Wish I had an experience like that but I do remember just briefly my neighbor had a daughter who was just a tad older than me. Anyway she wanted to play house and she told me she would be the baby. She took off her underwear and said change my diaper. She was pretending to have a diaper. I was potty trained at the time but was probably 5 and she was 6 or 7. I was shy and panicked because it was out of the blue so my thought was to get a pair of my older sisters panties. I can’t remember what happened after that but I rarely ever hanged out with her to begin with and I don’t remember doing anything with her after that. Kind of wish I tried playing with her more growing up because it would have been nice to have a childhood friend that was a girl. Too bad I was super shy and more comfortable playing with my twin brother only. Her family moved away when I was probably 10 years old so the friendship would have ended there anyway I guess.

Reactions: KidRyan, Blekyss and Kiya
around age 6-7 I had a babysitter who would change me usually before bed or during day if it was a weekend or something.
Unfortunately it was the start of something aweful and was abused by the babysitter. I didn't know it was abuse till years later. We moved and never saw the sitter again.

• Angry
Reactions: LittleAndAlone
We had babysitters when my parents went out for dinner or to get together with friends on weekend nights, usually once or twice a month. Until I was 14 we had babysitters, usually an older girl who lived in the neighborhood. She diapered me and my sister for bed since both of us still wet our beds. Around when I was 13, she stopped diapering and I waited until my parents were home to be diapered. Once I was 14, I babysat my sisters and diapered them for bed and waited until mom came home for her to pin my diapers on.

Reactions: KidRyan and Blekyss
I've always been IC and diapered all the time. Including babysitters changing me (along with some teacher aides). By the time I was older (~9 yrs+),
I usually changed myself (I liked being independent). But I had this one babysitter (~17) and she insisted on changing me. I was always told by my parents to follow their rules. Having to be changed was very embarrassing. My mom finally told the girl that I could change them myself. So the girl stopped changing me. But she kept on "diaper checking" all the time. She had a thing about me being diapered. She kept diaper checking me until I got to be 13.

Reactions: KidRyan, Lyric, Blekyss and 1 other person
Aww cute avatar. Need a booster seat to reach the keyboard. 😝

Reactions: KidRyan and jamiejamie
Some of this reminds me of worries I had about a pre-K teacher. My daughter kept pulling her dress up and...well, it was to be discouraged. The teacher warned my daughter that if she kept doing that, she would put her in diapers to somehow keep her from doing that.

I had to have a word with that teacher that the threat was not okay, and that I had some "specific trauma" related to that. As far as I know, that didn't happen again.

blaincorrous said:
Some of this reminds me of worries I had about a pre-K teacher. My daughter kept pulling her dress up and...well, it was to be discouraged. The teacher warned my daughter that if she kept doing that, she would put her in diapers to somehow keep her from doing that.

I had to have a word with that teacher that the threat was not okay, and that I had some "specific trauma" related to that. As far as I know, that didn't happen again.
Unfortunately a lot of the general public go to the ole diaper stigma
Diapers are a shame thing & kids shouldn't be in them past about age 3
Its still very much alive stigma for many.

Reactions: KidRyan
I remember my babysitter becuase she did her own daycare. I played with other kids, toys, had snack & lunch time, and nap time. She did do potty training with me, but I do not remember it. She would give me smarties every time I went home though, and I made sure to say thank you.

Reactions: KidRyan
Back when I did have a babysitter, she would treat me as if I was an actual baby. I didn't protest too much on account of me being a shy kid and the sound of my own voice (not that theres anything wrong with it) made me feel as if everyone was staring at me. She would carry me around, sit me on her lap and cuddle me. Pull out the back of my diaper to check go see if I've messed, and on very rare occasions for some reason if I didn't mess she'd give me laxatives and watch me mess my diaper, literally pull the back out amd watch me go to make sure I went.

• Wow
Reactions: KidRyan, Daniel2000, MikeyD1981 and 1 other person
Nope all my baby sitters where pretty normal all things considered the only instance I remember from any babysitter was when I was in my mom & dads room watching Mighty Morphin Power Rangers reruns on the abc channel in the early 2000’s she came in told me Lunch was ready & that’s all I remember

Kiya said:
Back when I did have a babysitter, she would treat me as if I was an actual baby. I didn't protest too much on account of me being a shy kid and the sound of my own voice (not that theres anything wrong with it) made me feel as if everyone was staring at me. She would carry me around, sit me on her lap and cuddle me. Pull out the back of my diaper to check go see if I've messed, and on very rare occasions for some reason if I didn't mess she'd give me laxatives and watch me mess my diaper, literally pull the back out amd watch me go to make sure I went.
She gave laxatives to you as a child? That's abusive.

I wore nappies and pull ups until I was 10 years old. In that time the only babysitter I had was my Aunt. She was fully aware of my situation and would change me if needed when I was in a nappy. I'd generally not tell her I was wet though and just stay in the wet nappy until she checked.

When I was in pull ups she'd allow me to change myself but I'd always have to tell her if I was wet first just so she could then keep my parents updated.

Reactions: ItsTimmyTime
I remember having a sitter one time for the day and overnight for my sister and I. I don’t recall the circumstances of being left behind but I was 7 or maybe 8 and attended school, which may have been the reason. I was able to change my own cloth diaper (single daytime diaper only) at the time but she insisted on changing me. I also recall being sexually molested by her before bedtime while she cleaned me up prior to changing me into double diapers. I fought and screamed, which earned me a few good slaps on my hip and leg, which left welts. In the morning, I recall the morning change being quite rough but fortunately our parents returned that day. I told my mom what had happened and we never had a sitter again that I remember. My sister, who is not incontinent and was long since out of diapers was spared abuse. Obviously she was a predator and seriously messed up!! I owe some of my psychological issues to her actions and my horrible childhood memories as a whole.
I’ve left my boys only a few times with sitters but was very thorough about references and personally knowing them and their parents. I called and talked with them several times while we were away as well. We did daycare for several years too and was a fanatic about checking references and good daily communication with the boys after picking them up. You can’t be too careful with the lives of your children!!!

@Ellyn yup same boat except I didn't know it was wrong untill later as it felt nice. I was an adult before I had the realization that my babysitter was taking advantage of me.

Ellyn said:
I remember having a sitter one time for the day and overnight for my sister and I. I don’t recall the circumstances of being left behind but I was 7 or maybe 8 and attended school, which may have been the reason. I was able to change my own cloth diaper (single daytime diaper only) at the time but she insisted on changing me. I also recall being sexually molested by her before bedtime while she cleaned me up prior to changing me into double diapers. I fought and screamed, which earned me a few good slaps on my hip and leg, which left welts. In the morning, I recall the morning change being quite rough but fortunately our parents returned that day. I told my mom what had happened and we never had a sitter again that I remember. My sister, who is not incontinent and was long since out of diapers was spared abuse. Obviously she was a predator and seriously messed up!! I owe some of my psychological issues to her actions and my horrible childhood memories as a whole.
I’ve left my boys only a few times with sitters but was very thorough about references and personally knowing them and their parents. I called and talked with them several times while we were away as well. We did daycare for several years too and was a fanatic about checking references and good daily communication with the boys after picking them up. You can’t be too careful with the lives of your children!!!
Dear Ellyn, You sound like a good mother. Your own experiences sound horrible. My own were benign. I had the usual occasional baby sitters when I was little and my parents were out for the evening. My mother hired a nursemaid to look after me when I was 13 and she went back to work. I had many happy times with that girl and with her younger sister who took over from her when she got a regular job. It's not all bad, just some of it.

Back