Excitement of wearing diapers diminishes

mantilla

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
In the last weeks I wore diapers more often than ever before. Actually I've gone almost 24/7. I somehow feel now that the experience or the intensity of the excitement it gives me diminishes more and more. Maybe because it is getting just a normal thing if you do it everyday.

Does someone have similar experiences? Is it just a phase and gets more and less exciting from time to time? Or do you somehow do something to intensify it more? Just interested in your thoughts on that.

Reactions: RedPandaDL
It becomes a normal but I know I'll be sad without them

Reactions: mantilla, neophyte and BobbiSueEllen
Although I haven't been 24/7 for very long (42 days to be exact..) the excitement of wearing them is slowly fading.. Although the excitement of them becoming my "norm" and it being something I've always wanted is enjoyable to me. 😊

• Wow
Reactions: Traveller and BobbiSueEllen
For a couple months, I was wearing training pants or diapers almost 24/7, and the excitement did fade. I find that wearing less during the day makes it more exciting to put them on in the evenings.

Reactions: mantilla, BobbiSueEllen and Cottontail
RedPandaDL said:
For a couple months, I was wearing training pants or diapers almost 24/7, and the excitement did fade. I find that wearing less during the day makes it more exciting to put them on in the evenings.
Yeah, no surprise at all when you think of it in the abstract: Anything you do a lot, no matter how exciting at the outset, is going to get a little mundane. I don't doubt that my own situation, which requires me to keep things under wraps, is also a big part of why I can hardly wait to pad up when the opportunity knocks.

Reactions: mantilla and BobbiSueEllen
I don't think "loss of novelty" is something everyone experiences. I know I personally am happy to be back in diapers despite keeping them a noticeable part of my everyday life. I used to dream of being able to wear a diaper, and now I'm "living the dream" 24/7, and I've been staying quite happy with that.

I can't say I've had a single time in the last year that I've thought "I'm tired of this" or "I need to take a break from it". Nope. Never gonna stop.

Last edited:
Reactions: mantilla and Traveller
bambinod said:
I don't think "loss of novelty" is something everyone experiences. I know I personally am happy to be back in diapers despite keeping them a noticeable part of my everyday life. I used to dream of being able to wear a diaper, and now I'm "living the dream" 24/7, and I've been staying quite happy with that.

I can't say I've had a single time in the last year that I've thought "I'm tired of this" or "I need to take a break from it". Nope. Never gonna stop.
Don’t get me wrong. When I was wearing a lot, I still enjoyed it. It just didn’t get me that excited. I started wearing less again, because my wife didn’t like it, not because I lost interest. But since cutting back, I do get more excited about wearing now than I did when wearing all the time.

Reactions: mantilla
My interest has never waned and I’ve been back in nappies 24/7 for about 20 years.

Happens to me. I'm a casual DL, though I still love wearing when I can. But I'm currently out of diapers, waiting on another shipment... as I ran out, my interest faded, but I knew it would come back again. I know I'll be really happy when the new box arrives :)

Reactions: mantilla and RedPandaDL
Yeah. My problem is my interests wane but I never wait long enough to wear again so the thrill comes back.

Been wearing for about three months straight now, and the excitement doesn't wane much as I just remember that I am finally living the dream.

It probably varies person to person, but I'm totally in the same boat as you. After I moved out I started wearing a bit more consistently and had access to more premium diapers than I ever had before. I love having a stash and will always enjoy wearing, but I definitely don't get anywhere near as excited or feel as strongly as I use to. It's kinda double edged sword cause before I really had a chance to indulge and pad up a lot, it definitely consumed my thoughts way more. But after indulging more, a little bit of the magic was lost.

But with that said, I still love them and get extreme levels of comfort and satisfaction from them that I can't get from anything else so they'll always be a special comforting object in my life that I'll always at least occasionally indulge in :), if not go through cycles of more than occasional indulgence heheh

Reactions: mantilla and RedPandaDL
I wear during a portion of every day; however, I may not be wearing when I am wearing panties. I know when i have panties on I won't be wetting them; so, I don't wear. That could be anywhere from 2 or 3 hours to 10 - 12 hours. I certainly enjoy wearing them as much as when I started over 3 years ago. If it weren't for my more recent discovery of how much I enjoy wearing panties I'd have diapers on ALL of the time. I know what I enjoy most about diapers is wetting them and going to bed with a pretty well soaked diaper. Nothing beats that.

Reactions: Traveller
The more you wear 24/7 diapers simply become part of your daily life

Rob110 said:
The more you wear 24/7 diapers simply become part of your daily life
I am hoping so!
Day 8 of 24/7 does NOT qualify any comment I have, but having been wearing overnight for 7 months now, it's not wearing off!
I'm lucky that it's non sexual for me, I am constantly reminded of my baby/little within, this seems to feed the exact same excitement EVERY nappy change.
Here's hoping it will stay that way👍

bambinod said:

"loss of novelty" Ah, thanks for the term. I think another related term (psychological) is "Desensitization".

Reactions: Traveller
Back